Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did They Say They Were Going To Touch Excal?

ShadowCore67

Eh he's fine, he's a good starter frame, not really viable beyond that but that's not his role.

Mag, Volt, and Loki seem to disagree, given that all of them are (or were) starters and are more viable in end-game than he is.

I don't have any info on the rebalance but i've heard of it. I personally hope they maybe just tweak his design a bit, to make him a bit more intricate, but not taking away the original excal feel. I also hope they completely redo his skills, although they are fine as they are just could use some tweaking.

Edit: I realize what I said above contradicts itself but what i meant to say is I hope they redo his skills while keeping the original feel and premise of the old skills.

Edited by TO1000

my only possible complaint would be that Radial Javelin starts to get a bit poopy at midlevels. it stops feeling cool and starts to feel like it's not doing much.

i've pondered the possibility of it stapling Enemies to walls even if it doesn't kill them, which could give Radial Javelin some significantly unique Utility.

but... it could end up being very bad.

I disagree. He is quite viable if you use him properly... Problem is, many people are clueless on how to use him effectively at higher levels. :/

You mean spam radial blind along with melee? How  skillful.

Don't even bring Slash dash+Super Jump. Because you can hop around all you want, if you can't fight you will die. That an Zephyr does it better and quicker.

I'd like to see Excal actually get percentage health damage on his 1 and 4.

For instance, radial Javelin could be set at 500 Damage + 20% of enemy health in base damage.

Slash dash could be similar. It would mean that he can dish out damage throughout the game, and would encourage his mobile playstyle

You mean spam radial blind along with melee? How  skillful.

No, that is not what I meant... And even if it was, it doesn't matter if it doesn't need much skill to pull off. It is still a viable tactic. Boring, yes, but effective.

Don't even bring Slash dash+Super Jump. Because you can hop around all you want, if you can't fight you will die. That an Zephyr does it better and quicker.

I wasn't going to say any such thing... At any rate, those things do not stop you from fighting anyway.

If Excal weren't viable after the start of the game, then how the hell have I played every single mission in the game (Except Interception because I have been too busy leveling other crap) on solo with him and had no problems? It is all about knowing the ins and outs of his abilities, and knowing when/how to use them, just like every other frame in the game.

^

Mind elaborating how to use him? I see a lot of people saying he's good and one of the best frames but I don't really know what's he good for besides blinding.

When you know how to use him right with combos, he's fun and awesome to play with.

No, that is not what I meant... And even if it was, it doesn't matter if it doesn't need much skill to pull off. It is still a viable tactic. Boring, yes, but effective.

I wasn't going to say any such thing... At any rate, those things do not stop you from fighting anyway.

If Excal weren't viable after the start of the game, then how the hell have I played every single mission in the game (Except Interception because I have been too busy leveling other crap) on solo with him and had no problems? It is all about knowing the ins and outs of his abilities, and knowing when/how to use them, just like every other frame in the game.

I never said he wasn't viable. But the attitude of " many people are clueless on how to use him effectively at higher levels. :/ "insinuates that there's more skill involve with him than there actually is (and people are doing him wrong) and to be specific to just Excal, he's pretty straight forward. As what i learned from playing other frames i can apply to him, bar knowledge of his moves.

I think Excal is pretty much fine, though I think it would be cool if his Super Jump had a second component to it: if cast while in mid-air while targeting an enemy, Excal lunges towards them and knocks them down (as though Excal uses the force of his fall and his energy to surge towards an enemy and overpower them). I should also be renamed... XD Leap/Lunge

Not knowing how to be excalibro for endgame is pretty sad. I prefer him to loki for nearly everything. (loki is awesome, personal preference)

No need to be invisible if the enemies can't see S#&$. 

Ohh noez teh slash dash is bad

Ohh noez teh radial is mediocre

Super jump shouldn't exist.

But like nearly all "Op" frames, he has one super $&*&*#(%& ability. And thats a fast casting, can be made faster, blind. A blind that can have a radius so huge that on Void Missions you shouldn't have a moment where the enemies aren't blinded.  This blind also stuns for a significant amount of time.

Its better than disarm as the enemies can't attack at all and still start running forward.

But yes, he clearly needs "buffed" so they can nerf the useful ability and make his slash dash less S#&$ I suppose. Desperately trying to appease the anime within all of those who give up around jupiter. 

Edited by Nariala

But the attitude of " many people are clueless on how to use him effectively at higher levels. :/ "insinuates that there's more skill involve with him than there actually is (and people are doing him wrong)

Not really, no. It just means that many people don't know how to use him effectively at higher levels. Anything more is just trying to put words in my mouth.

How to play Excalibur endgame:

1. Get massive stretch

2. Radial Blind

3. MY EYYYYES! MY EYYYYEESSSS!

4. Kill all the blind people

5. Go to Winchesters

6. Have a nice cold pint

7. Wait for all of this to blow over

8. Survive the zombie apocalypse

Haha, that one made me laugh. Thanks.

But really, if you think that Radial Blind is the only useful thing later on in the game, then you don't know his abilities well enough.

[size=1](Also, what endgame?)[/size]

Edited by RyojinOrion