Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did They Say They Were Going To Touch Excal?

ShadowCore67

See my edited post.

I'm not saying he's a one-trick pony. I'm just saying 80% of the time it comes down to blind-spam for most users. Skillful? To each his own. Effective? Damn so. Could I learn the ins and out of him and truly be credit2team? Yes

but that's waaaay to much for my lazy self

Fair enough on endgame.

Not really, no. It just means that many people don't know how to use him effectively at higher levels.

But really, if you think that Radial Blind is the only useful thing later on in the game, then you don't know his abilities well enough.

Then please give us an example, explain to us those of us who know nothing about excal how to use him then. I've seen people say this, a lot, bit they have barely been able, if at all, to justify their words. So please go ahead and explaint to us, what is it that we don't know about Excal then? Tell me something he can do that isn't done better any anyone else.

I'm not saying he's a one-trick pony. I'm just saying 80% of the time it comes down to blind-spam for most users.

I think that at this point, we are having two different arguments here.

Then please give us an example, explain to us those of us who know nothing about excal how to use him then. I've seen people say this, a lot, bit they have barely been able, if at all, to justify their words. So please go ahead and explaint to us, what is it that we don't know about Excal then? Tell me something he can do that isn't done better any anyone else.

Give me a hypothetical situation for him to be in, and I will tell you an effective way of getting out of it.

Also, I never said that there was any single thing that he can do that can't be done better by another frame. I just said that he is actually viable in high level content. The best choice? Maybe not, but he is not absolutely useless.

What he said. What other way is there to use him effectively that we don't already know?(eg: Blind the room, Slash Dash to safety,etc) Or is there some super secret Excalibros Club where they share secrets that us casuals aren't allowed to join? 

When you know how to use him right with combos, he's fun and awesome to play with.

He is fun and awesome, however he could use some tweaking. He is a melee or in your face frame yet he is as fragile as the caster frames, his stats and performance in game should reflect the intended purpose of the frame.

Slash Dash needs better hit detection, but is otherwise fine and one of the more powerful abilities in the game. 

Super Jump is fine, but often superflous. If it had a defensive or offensive utility to it I imagine it would get taken more often. As it is, you have too many important mods to spend on something that's mostly for fun. 

Radial Blind is obviously his best ability and the primary reason he remains viable at endgame. 

Radial Javelin needs to have its' damage significantly brought up, or given some utility. As it is, it's a short range nuke with subpar damage and is often ignored in higher levels due to how quickly it can fall off. 

As an aside; Warframes should have their powers inherently. Having to compete with mods means that I will often take something that is more practically useful at the expense of utilizing my powers, which are one of the more fun aspects of the game. From a lore stand-point I'd argue it doesn't really make sense that I can "unequip" my powers anyway, although the entire mod system doesn't really make much sense if I start trying to rationalize it logically. 

Edited by Acos

Super Jump definitely needs to be replaced with something. It is just a bland skill. "And your third magic power is...to jump!" "...that's it?" "Really, really high!"

Maybe have it be something else blade related, something like a single, high powered Javelin he can throw at a single target and has punch through.

Super Jump definitely needs to be replaced with something. It is just a bland skill. "And your third magic power is...to jump!" "...that's it?" "Really, really high!"

Maybe have it be something else blade related, something like a single, high powered Javelin he can throw at a single target and has punch through.

To be honest, I prefer super jump over another non scaling damage skill.

Show us a youtube video of him soloing a T4 exterminate.

I don't have the software to create a video, and my computer isn't really good enough to handle recording while playing anyway. It can barely handle the game on its own, to be honest. Will a screenshot of a T4E Mission Complete screen do instead? Of course, you'll have to give me some time to farm up a T4E key, as I have none at the moment.

To be honest, I prefer super jump over another non scaling damage skill.

Indeed.

In fact I prefer Slash dash + RJ to be scaling instead.

For example Slash dash = 200 dmg + 100% of your melee damage.

Adds to combo counter etc.

Edited by fatpig84

I don't have the software to create a video, and my computer isn't really good enough to handle recording while playing anyway. It can barely handle the game on its own, to be honest. Will a screenshot of a T4E Mission Complete screen do instead? Of course, you'll have to give me some time to farm up a T4E key, as I have none at the moment.

You were right, that is a pretty nice excuse for getting out of it.  And no, a screen shot is not proof.  They are too easily faked.

You were right, that is a pretty nice excuse for getting out of it.  And no, a screen shot is not proof.  They are too easily faked.

Don't be an &#!. Not everyone has a platform that can handle recording.

Because people totally will spend half an hour creating a fake mission complete screen to win a forum argument #logic

Excalibur isn't bad, it's just that there's other frames that are better. He's more than capable of soloing T4 with the right mods.

Hahaha. Kazama Kenji from the anime D-Frag! can relate to that. Super move : Vertical Jump.

I'm thinking they should remove the limit to Javelin. Almost every frame has all hitting 4's, which just seems unfair to frames with limits. Of course, rarely there are over 30++ enemies in one room at once, but still.

Indeed.

In fact I prefer Slash dash + RJ to be scaling instead.

For example Slash dash = 200 dmg + 100% of your melee damage.

Adds to combo counter etc.

I like the idea of the combo counter, also some have suggested guaranteed proc chance. I personally have suggested it should inherit some traits from your melee weapon to benefit itself, such as elemental damage and other mods considered.

Because people totally will spend half an hour creating a fake mission complete screen to win a forum argument #logic

Yes, they would.  It's not that hard, and it can be done in just a few minutes.  It just takes finding a couple of images to piece together, which is what takes up the most time.  People have faked images for less.

Excalibur isn't bad, it's just that there's other frames that are better. He's more than capable of soloing T4 with the right mods.

Then prove it.  Show a video of just that.  It doesn't need to be the guy I quoted originally.  Anyone show a video of Excal soloing a T4 exterminate. If you really believe that he is endgame viable then this should not be hard and would instantly win you the argument.

Then prove it.  Show a video of just that.  It doesn't need to be the guy I quoted originally.  Anyone show a video of Excal soloing a T4 exterminate. If you really believe that he is endgame viable then this should not be hard and would instantly win you the argument.

Uh...okay? How do I record video?

Edit: oh wait, fraps crashes my computer. Let's turn this around though, give me one good reason Excalibur isn't good for T4?

Edited by vaugahn

It isn't that much harder to fake videos, you know. It just takes longer. At any rate, it wouldn't be worth the effort to fake either a screenshot or a video. It would be worth the effort to run the mission, however, as there are some drops from that particular mission that I have yet to obtain.

Well, sorry you aren't satisfied with the only proof I could provide.

Also with the new UI, the stats are semi-transparent. Not as easy to edit as you think. It would require a professional.

Unfortunately, I do have the skills to fake such a thing.  I just can't see the point in doing it.

Edited by RyojinOrion

This is stupid... Excalibro is awesome I use him exclusively, well Excalibro Prime, when modded right radial blind with a melee build tears *@ up.  I don't need to prove anything to you, nor does anyone else who enjoy's playing Excalibro, I play him all the time, hes awesome, end of story.