Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did They Say They Were Going To Touch Excal?

ShadowCore67

You don't know what "end game" means? You really must forgive me if I can't take your opinions seriously because of that.

The fact that you think we have endgame makes me less likely to take you seriously.

Oh, and do continue about oberon. Tell me how his 75 health makes up for an AoE that takes 2 seconds to kill a level 1 lancer, a 1 that does less damage than excal's 1 and hits fewer targets, a 4 that does the same thing as a melee weapon, and a heal that your teammates can literally outrun. 

Edited by vaugahn

Prove it.

Endgame is what people do at the end of a game, by-in-large.  The definition of endgame that applies here is: "The final stage of an extended process or course of events."

In the case of Warframe that would be endless survival or defense, T4 runs, and for a few people PvP.  This is what they do after they have finished the nodes, got the gear they want.  It is the de facto end game. Those are the only things that still offer a bit of a challenge with an endgame setup.

The fact that you think we have endgame makes me less likely to take you seriously.

Oh, and do continue about oberon. Tell me how his 75 health makes up for an AoE that takes 2 seconds to kill a level 1 lancer, a 1 that does less damage than excal's 1 and hits fewer targets, a 4 that does the same thing as a melee weapon, and a heal that your teammates can literally outrun. 

It's cute that you think direct damage attacks have any use in the endgame. His ultimate knocks down, giving it the same functional utility that radial blind has, with the added benefit of HP orbs spawning on the off chance that it scores a hit.  Between heal and a shade, he can survive a decent period, and he can spam heal to recover from direct to health damage procs. As you pointed out, he also has better stats.

Mind you, I am not not saying Oberon is perfect, or even good, just better than Excal.

Endgame is what people do at the end of a game, by-in-large.  The definition of endgame that applies here is: "The final stage of an extended process or course of events."

In the case of Warframe that would be endless survival or defense, T4 runs, and for a few people PvP.  This is what they do after they have finished the nodes, got the gear they want.  It is the de facto end game. Those are the only things that still offer a bit of a challenge with an endgame setup.

Except that those things are not the final stages of Warframe. Don't take my word for it, DE has said it themselves. They explicitly stated that endless modes are not endgame. It is what people do because DE has not yet implemented the endgame, but that does not make it endgame in itself.

Except that those things are not the final stages of Warframe. Don't take my word for it, DE has said it themselves. They explicitly stated that endless modes are not endgame. It is what people do because DE has not yet implemented the endgame, but that does not make it endgame in itself.

Whether it is the end game of the "final product" or not is irrelevant.  In the current game state, it is the endgame. Sure, they may plan to make huge raids, or PvP the main planned endgame eventually, but those are not in this game currently.

Whether it is the end game of the "final product" or not is irrelevant.

I disagree. By definition, endgame is, as you said, the final stages of an extended process or course of events. This extended process/course of events is not over, therefore, there is no endgame yet. Only when the game is completed can it have an endgame. But all this is irrelevant to the discussion we are supposed to be having here. If you'd like to continue this topic, a new thread would be a more suitable place for it.

Now, for the topic we are supposed to be discussing here... I feel that the only thing Excal really needs is a rework of Radial Javelin, and perhaps something more to Super Jump to make it a little more than an evasive move since Slash Dash works as an evasive move as well. Perhaps adding in a thrusting kick like in the Castlevania series of games when you hit jump and down after performing a double jump.

Edited by RyojinOrion

I disagree. By definition, endgame is, as you said, the final stages of an extended process or course of events. This extended process/course of events is not over, therefore, there is no endgame yet. Only when the game is completed can it have an endgame.

But all this is irrelevant to the discussion we are supposed to be having here. If you'd like to continue this topic, a new thread would be a more suitable place for it.

The extended course of event is the player unlocking the nodes, raising mastery rank, and gearing up.  What they keep doing after all of that is the endgame.  You don't need a "finished game" for that. It doesn't even need to have been intended to be the endgame by the devs.

Infinite content is irrelevant to warframe balance.  Whether an ability allows you to cheese level 100 enemies or not isn't relevant.  At best such abilities demonstrate that they are fundamentally broken because they allow the player to consistently and trivially bypass gameplay. 

Edited by RealPandemonium

Now that I think about it, my idea for Super Jump in my last post might be even better if we can chain jumpkicks off of it, like in some of the Castlevania series. Not the crazy ultrafast spamming that some of them allow, but a bounce off of an enemy's head with a very slight delay before being able to kick again, so you can't abuse it. This would be pretty cool for mobility, and would certainly make the ability more interesting. Add in knockdown or stagger on the enemy hit, and it would be perfect. Maybe raise the energy cost by five or so to compensate for potential kick damage and stagger.

The extended course of event is the player unlocking the nodes, raising mastery rank, and gearing up.  What they keep doing after all of that is the endgame.  You don't need a "finished game" for that. It doesn't even need to have been intended to be the endgame by the devs.

are-you-kidding-me_zps098dde89.gif

No, you can't just ignore the finished product. That's like making a detailed plan for a complete building, get halfway through building it, and calling that the endgame for the building. It is just ridiculous and clearly false. But again, this is not the place for that. Reply if you'd like, I'm not going to continue this discussion in this thread. This is not the place for it.

slash dash should get a balanced % damage increase per combo multiplier, or the damage of slash dash should just scale with your equipped melee., (ala 300% melee weapon damage or something)

radial blind:i love this skill, i barely get downed even at eris or pluto, i just cast radial blind and everything within a 30m radius is stunned for 10 seconds, AND takes increased damage.

super jump:give it the Heavy Impact stagger affect when he jumps and it'd be good to go for a CC and mobility skill.

Radial Javelin: make the javelins circle him and do radial DoT for a few seconds before being launched in a 360 radius and it'd be aesthetically awesome and functional.

my two cents on what he'd need for a "buff" that would also keep him at what he is.....basic.

By the way, Super Jump + Heavy Impact = 10 energy knockdown CC that then lets you go completely apeS#&$ on anything and everything you knocked over.

Heavy Impact is not really ever worth equipping besides for funsies since the damage is negligible and Excalibur already has tremendous CC on 2.  

It's CC that costs 10 energy without any efficiency mods.

its unreliable you need to jump to a certain height which is very situational in warframe as well as you cant increase the knockdown radius or the duration.

Proof?

No seriously, how did you get  that?

Enemies have a slightly more realistic reaction to stealth abilities now, firing at noise sources and becoming aware momentarily when you bump into them.  This was implemented shortly before U14 and is documented in one of the 13.x patch notes.  

Enemies have a slightly more realistic reaction to stealth abilities now, firing at noise sources and becoming aware momentarily when you bump into them.  This was implemented shortly before U14 and is documented in one of the 13.x patch notes.  

Well that's for stealth in general, which was made as opposed to nerfing stealth abilities like invi/soke screen.

He mentioned they "resist" radial blind, which is what i'm most curious of.

Well that's for stealth in general, which was made as opposed to nerfing stealth abilities like invi/soke screen.

He mentioned they "resist" radial blind, which is what i'm most curious of.

I'm pretty sure he's just talking about that change. The EZmode club was pretty mad when they heard about it.