Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Frame And Why You Chose It

Azsendi

I picked Excalibur because I figured having a well balanced frame would be the best way to learn the game. Trouble is I hated him. He just doesnt mesh with my playstyle at all. So about the time I finished mercury I was looking for a new warframe. The first one I built was Volt. I farmed the J-3 Golem for I think 3 weeks to get all the parts and that was a good choice because since I got him volt was and still is my favorite frame in the game.

Mag, seemed awesome to me, so I started with her.

And to this day I still enjoy using my Mag Prime quite often.

My favorite though probably remains a tie between Valkyr and Nova.

Edited by CenturyNitro

Excalibur, because I was afraid to choose an "advanced" frame from the very start, and they said Excalibur was balanced. The only other option was Mag, and I had no idea what she was capable of so I decided to play it safe and get Excalibur. 

I regretted it very much. I hated playing him and as soon as I could, I bought Volt from the store. Volt is still my favorite to this day. 

Edited by kuliise

I remember my first 3 frames. Started as Excal since i just wanted to try the game out. On the next day bought Frost and Trinity from the market. Now after 14 Mastery Ranks and several hundreds hours later, i still play Trin the most from the first 3. For someone just starting out the description of Excal makes it an easy pick. If i was just now starting out i'd definitely pick Volt though :J

This was way back when Volt was on the starter Warframe rotation. I was going to choose Excalibur, but I usually play the tanky stuff in games and my brother was sitting behind me. He basically called me a wuss for choosing Excal so I chose Volt instead, as it said he was the alternative to guns. Of course, I know now he really isn't, but I still love him nonetheless.

Excalibur, because Loki is a horrible frame, and I didn't choose Mag because im not fond of playing female characters in games, so then I joined a clan and we began working our way to the clan research. As soon as we get our Volt research, Volt gets made a starter frame again. Not amused.

Edited by ArgonTheFox

I chose Loki because I had just finished Borderlands 2 with Zero, which had similar skills (cloaking and tossing a decoy). After my very first Corpus mission however I went to the market and got Volt. Loki is a great frame for me now, but completely useless when you're a noob and don't know how to use him yet :/ Still think Volt is an excellent starter frame.

Edited by kingbaldwin