Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Frame And Why You Chose It

Azsendi

Excalibur was my first but I immediately went to frost after the tutorial.

Frost was closer to my style of play in other mmo's, that and he looked cool as hell. (No pun intended.)

Now if only they would fix his cloth physics.

Loki, only since I had NO clue what I was doing and I was told to get him for the long run since my high level buddies LOVE him with that maxed butt kicking invisibility.  How could they possibly be wrong? Yup, perfect frame for the clueless. (Not).

Needless to say...after NOT having much fun..... I went to the market and purchased a frame based on my fame research (it's science ya know) on what I like in play style. I had no problem dropping some money on Frost. Looked like my type and I knew I would never find the pieces of him any time soon to build. I loves to him dearly and I like being a supportive tank most the time.

I more recently have had an affair with Volt (who I also bought since he wasn't expensive) and I loves him too. I think I make Frost jealous, so I have to give them both the love an attention they deserve.Both are awesome and suit me just fine. One supportive, one more damage heavy WITH the ability to provide some defense. 

As of very, very recent. I built Nyx and Ash to have some variety. No opinion on them yet....Nyx has had one run, and I just put Ash in the inventory last night.

As for poor neglected Loki, I DID play him with a friend the other night and had a blast since I'm much more familiar with the game mechanics now. I can see him being a lot of fun when modded properly and used creatively, just not a good starter frame.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

Excalibur was my first....but I think such could be said about every new Warframe player.

But eventually I took the risk and decided to buy Valkyr.  It felt weird not playing as Excalibur anymore, but then I realized that all Warframes have unique capabilities and potential.....in fact, some of them have better abilities than Excalibur.  I mean, Excalibur's Radial Javelin is useful, but it only affects enemies in a horizontal radius, plus from what I can tell, it can't go through walls.

Loki because I love hammerhead sharks. I mean, come on: how many videogames feature his kind of character design? His helm is unique and brilliant, it was love at first sight really.

Also, I usually prefer support, and at the time Loki was considered a support warframe. I learned quite quickly how useful his abilities really are, but people seemed not to care or just not believe me. It seems that the popular perception of Loki has changed drastically lately, though, and people appreciate his talents more.

Excalibur, because he was mentioned as being balanced.

Ultimately I bought ash and leveled him first cause he can teleport and I have a thing for teleporting in video games. Too bad I can count on one hand the number of games that have done it well.

I learned you shouldn't buy warframes too.