Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Advice For Frost?

MauriX

Question

Hey guys,

so I am pretty new to Warframe cause I just finished Mercure but I already know that I want to have Frost as my main Warframe. I dunno why but I liked him the second I read about him and after seeing couple videos I want him even more.

Thats why I am trying to get to his boss as fast as possible. 

Well my thinking was now, that I should probably get the weapons for him early on, so that I can level those so that it won't take long to level up frost when I finally get him.

I was thinking about getting Hek, cause as an offensive tank I think that fits him pretty good. What do you think about that?

Furthermore I have basically no idea which secondary and which melee weapon I should take or which would fit his role? I was thinking about a long range pistol, so that I can hit enemies if I am not very close to use Hek ... but I have absolutely no idea about the melee weapons.

Could you guys give me some tips if my thinking is good and which weapons you could advice and why?

Thanks =)

5 answers to this question

..Frost is pretty much a killer frame, meaning u will use ur Ultimate(4th power) most of the time to clear out mobs so u dont really have to worry about which weapon to use..Hek is a pretty good gun and really strong too..Boltor is a good choice as well, stunning mobs to not let them get close to you. For guns Akbolto, Afuris and Viper are great guns..Melee weapons are of ur choice..Fang is over all the fastest i think or is it Dual Zoren, if u want multi damaging u can get Scindo or Fragor..Amphis is pretty popular at the moment as well..

I didn't include the Founder and the Beta weapons since u said u were new. But id say Braton Vandal is once sexy rifle :D

Thanks for your fast reply =) ... it's ok that you didn't include Founder or Beta Weapons ... i don't have any ;)

I looked at the melee weapons you named and I like Amphis and Scindo from their look ... what do you think is better if I like to be in the middle of big enemy hordes? :D

For the sec. gun I like the Akbolto ... but what would you say about the Lex for some ranged fighting? (Side note: I always love to play with the Desert Eagle in Counterstrike xD)

Amphis does less damage, but has good reach and is faster. It doesn't do knockdown on its jump attack, though, which may be a problem for a tanking warframe. It's supposed to stun, but I haven't observed enough people with Amphis to determine if that's a good enough replacement for the lack of knockdown. This is just second-hand stuff, I don't have an Amphis.

Scindo's the slowest of the heavy melee weapons, but realistically the speed difference isn't that big of a problem. It does more damage and has good reach on its knockdown jumping attack. It's my favourite weapon when 'tanking', though I run Rhino and haven't gotten a Frost yet.

Also consider Gram, which is faster than Scindo, but not as fast as the Amphis. Middle-of-the-road for speed and damage as far as heavy weapons go.

The thing with heavy weapons for tanks is that they hit 360 degrees on charged attacks and a wide arc on regular attacks. All AoE melee attacks hit up to three enemies for damage max these days, so it's not necessarily better in damage terms than smaller weapons that also do AoE - but it's EASIER to connect with the big arcs of the heavy weapons.

I like the Lex, but the problem with Hek/Lex as a combination is that you don't have a weapon which can constantly spam bullets at a high rate. Which may be necessary in some crowd-fighting instances. The Hek has four shots, then needs a lengthy reload. The Lex has a relatively long delay between shots. With that said, I have used Hek/Lex before without major issues. There were just a couple times where I really wished I had brought a Viper or something.

Well my thinking was now, that I should probably get the weapons for him early on, so that I can level those so that it won't take long to level up frost when I finally get him.....I was thinking about getting Hek

----

Hek requires Mastery level 4, so is one of the last items you get access to in the game (unless there is another way to get it that I don't know about, in which case ignore me). I'd be very surprised if you managed to get a Hek and level it before you assembled a Frost. Mastery level 4 takes forever.

Edited by GhostlightX

Oh really? Mastery level 4 ... that sucks ^^ 

Hm ... which Weapon would you advice then? Right now I am still using Braton-MK1 ... was thinking about getting a Latron or Boltor because I think I am a pretty good aimer ... but I guess I wouldn't have use for it when finally playing Frost, would I?

E: Oh boy, pretty lame that there is absolutely no way of just testing the weapons for a short period ... all the heavy weapons sound somehow interesting but I cannot decide at all ... from the look I def. like Gram best ^^ 

EE: Just read that you get the Fragor when reaching mastery level 2? If that is so, I think I'll just wait until then ... or isn't it as good as Scindo or Gram for example (the 2 I favorize)

Edited by MauriX