Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Is A Clone And A Cyborg?

Grinbringer

So kubrow has DNA degradation. To use grineer with the same problem as analogy, that would mean it's a clone.

It can also have orokin reactor and mods installed somehow. Does that mean it's a cyborg?

Hello, I am sure you already know this.  Though I've seen the same confusion from other people in game and on the forums in other posts of 'what' we are putting forma into when dealing with the Kubrows.  However if you have spent much time at all using a Kubrow, you will realize that you can Potato/Forma it.  You might think this is odd, however you are not looking at their collar.  That thing that allows you to take your Kubrow out on missions in the first place.  While these Kubrows are purified versions of the feral ones, these Kubrows are still (cloned) flesh and blood, just with a collar that enhances their abilitys through working with their fellow Tenno master.

[TL;DR: The Kubrow for all intents and purposes is at least a Clone, but not a Cyborg.  The mods/Forma, ect are used on the collar]

Through this collar, you are able to "Link" your Warframes innate strengths with your fuzzy cloned Companion.  There is a reason why mods like "Link-Health" "Link-Shields" "Link-Armor" have the word 'link' in it, and in each of these if you pay attention to the art you see both a random warframe and a kubrow.

(disclaimer: I reserve the right to be wrong about anything I've said, or at the least slightly inaccurate.)

And did you notice how huge the Mods are when dropped in-game?

The size of the Mods are for ease of actually seeing them in game while the action is going on.  So, this is a conveniance for the sake of gameplay.  Or do you want to hunt down chips/mods the size of a quarter while fighting enemies?

Edited by Sibarian

[...] you are not looking at their collar.  That thing that allows you to take your Kubrow out on missions in the first place.  While these Kubrows are purified versions of the feral ones, these Kubrows are still (cloned) flesh and blood, just with a collar that enhances their abilitys through working with their fellow Tenno master.

[TL;DR: The Kubrow for all intents and purposes is at least a Clone, but not a Cyborg.  The mods/Forma, ect are used on the collar]

Through this collar, you are able to "Link" your Warframes innate strengths with your fuzzy cloned Companion.  There is a reason why mods like "Link-Health" "Link-Shields" "Link-Armor" have the word 'link' in it, and in each of these if you pay attention to the art you see both a random warframe and a kubrow.

Yeah, I'd like to see the source of that information, because I've not seen anywhere saying that collar lets you literally take control of the kubrow or physically suppress its own instincts or enhances abilities. The Lotus was saying about the bond being cemented and that just means we are pals now. I don't think she meant literal cement either, that's too low tech to space ninja dogs. "Link" is also a word that may be symbolic and not actually mean anything (our destinies are linked, etc.) or simply technical term to describe the functionality or pet's health using your frame's health in calculation.

Thanks for the comments to all of you. It was just a weird thought that occured to me and I wondered what other people think.

I'd argue that the collar itself being linked directly to the Kubrow and its abilities might define it as a cyborg.  Though I suppose you can say that the collar is attached rather than being built in as a cyborg classification would generally assume.  Either way they are still genetically enhanced to be compatible with - and able to use - these collars.  Maybe there are some nanomachines floating around inside them.  Either that or we're creating naturally magical creatures.

We don't know.  DE probably doesn't even know. Even Warframes and Tenno make zero sense.

Huh, I always thought of mods like "apps." They make your warframe perform more efficiently. (Things aren't really "added" they're just using a different algorithm to become more efficient. i.e, shields don't actually increase, just take damage more effectively.) Though that logic doesn't work for some mods, it works for a good majority of them.

The size of the Mods are for ease of actually seeing them in game while the action is going on.  So, this is a conveniance for the sake of gameplay.  Or do you want to hunt down chips/mods the size of a quarter while fighting enemies?

The point was that "physical size" is not at all a valid argument against plausibility of every single mod and forma being installed in a tiny collar. Same goes for potatoes.

For all we know, real sizes of all these things could measure in microns.

Edited by Artarrwen

i think its purely flesh?

or might have shared some traits with the tenno 

im thinking tenno's did their experiments with the kubrows and improved them by sharing their traits

i might be right since they could use mods

So kubrow has DNA degradation. To use grineer with the same problem as analogy, that would mean it's a clone.

It can also have orokin reactor and mods installed somehow. Does that mean it's a cyborg?

We KNOW it's a clone. We clone it from the egg we get.