Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Is A Clone And A Cyborg?

Grinbringer

i think its the collar that allows mods to be installed

So...without the Collar being a super-invasive item connected to the Kubrow's entire physiology...how does it work?

How do you KNOW that we clone it from the egg? We loot an egg from a den and put it in incubator, that's it.

A few reasons actually.

1) Given that the egg does not hatch without mechanical input of 'the incubator,' that means the egg is likely unfertilized.  Fertilizing the egg via genetic tailoring would make the resulting offspring a 'clone' as the word is currently understood.

2) It bears no resemblance to the kubrows that originally laid the egg, meaning that the Egg is simply a 'blueprint' over which extensive genetic tailoring is built.

3) It is genetically tailored to meet the Tenno needs, making it more or less a 'biological product' of the 'incubation' process onboard the liset.

That means the resulting Kubrow is a 'clone' in all but the strictest sense of the word.

Edited by Hexagoros

1) Given that the egg does not hatch without mechanical input of 'the incubator,' that means the egg is likely unfertilized.  Fertilizing the egg via genetic tailoring would make the resulting offspring a 'clone' as the word is currently understood.

Well, can't rule out that we take a fertilised egg. It does take quite a long time finding it. The incubator just simulates warmth of the den and actual parents who would otherwise sit on it.

Edited by Grinbringer

I don't understand how a normal kubrow egg turns it into a clone

I believe we take the DNA from the Kubrow eggs & fuse it with leftover DNA (or whatever) we have from the Orokin Era Kubrow (since these are the Kubrow strain that were trained to hunt items, for stealth, etc). 

Edit: In which case, this happens inside the Incubator. Now that I think about it, the left over DNA (again, Idk if that's what's being used) from the Orokin Era Kubrow may be injected into the Kubrow egg while inside the incubator, fusing it that way. Hence why the egg still has to "hatch". 

Of course, this is all speculation. 

Edited by Rexlars