The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gram - It Needs A Skin, Do Some Justice To The 2H Sword

pdxdubin

Agree it is a copy of the plasma sword with just the option to color more parts than the plasma sword.

I would like an uruk-hai (Lord of the ring orcs) look :P.

http://www.aceros-de-hispania.com/image/the-lord-of-the-rings-swords/uruk-hai-sword.jpg

Or a warhammer 40k chain sword look *_* slurp slurp.

http://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/281939_S/fun-with-the-warhammer-chainsword-dont-try-this-at-home-unless-youre-a-space-marine.jpg

I'm sure GamesWorkshop would be all over suing DE if they even talked about implementing a Chainsword skin in Warframe.

Zelgaris, I had a Gram before it was nerfed. Skins don't always have to be a similar weapon, plus the Ori is a WIP, still  figuring out how to make it a little better. And so what of the blade is only on one side? It's different. Need to take a look at some more designs, get a idea of mixing and matching parts. There are weapons that look like something else, but theyre not.

Ah, misunderstanding, I am not talking about alternative skin, I am talking about replacing the current model for new one and thus I think it should at least somehow resemble the one handed plasma sword version.

About skins not being similar weapon) Eh? Gram is a sword, it's skin should stay a sword, don't you think? Let's take some current examples - Scindo and its Dagger Axe and Manticore skins are all axes, Fragor and Brook are both giant hammers. Let's leave this logic untouched.

Having halberd/axe-like skin for a sword is like having a rocket launcher skin for bow... and common sense says that's wrong.

(Common sense also says that skin usually refers to different texture, not completely different model (e.g. Wraith Strun is Strun with different skin), but that's a different topic.)

Nope.avi, not going full Japanese. Currently on the Ori WIP, I have the handle designed, but the blade is a issue. The problem is that the Gram is a double edged weapon, which means the skin has to be double edged blade or has a part of it which would allow a single edged blade look. Technically, the concept is earlier posts in this topic seem very possible as a skin. If I combine that concept with the Ori Handle I currently have, might have a winner. But I'm typing on my laptop, which the file isn't on. Sometime this afternoon, -5:00 GMT time, I'' post it up and let you people have fun with it, the blade is the only thing giving me trouble on.

I present you... Gram Prime:

eldruinss_zps7fc4d0f3.png

This is a no-go, looks to similar to that of Tribes: Ascension. Have to be a bit more, "darker" as it were.

Edited by Zenn

Ori; Gram Skin

Increases attack speed by 10%; Decreases Charge Damage by 15%

Would something like this with these stat modifiers work well for people? Cause skins are starting to have their own stat modifiers. Its still a WIP, I might elaborate on it.

I don't like it as a skin.

Firstly, it changes Gram far too drastically. Going from an energy sword to an axe with mundane cutting surfaces isn't a skin, it's a totally different weapon. Even Manticore doesn't change the base weapon this much,

Secondly, the stats make it of dubious utility. Gram is a charge damage weapon; it's normal attacks don't ignore armor and are already quite fast.

no not a separate sword *face palm* 

we dont need another melee weapon that does the same thing but with slightly different stats..

everyone wants/needs/asking for A SKIN FOR THE GRAM

AN  AWESOME LOOKING SKIN!

if its a new weapon instead.. srsly.. faith in humanity lost

no not a separate sword *face palm* 

we dont need another melee weapon that does the same thing but with slightly different stats..

everyone wants/needs/asking for A SKIN FOR THE GRAM

AN  AWESOME LOOKING SKIN!

if its a new weapon instead.. srsly.. faith in humanity lost

Its a tenno great sword.

I don't really mind it, Hopefully they will release a new animation set and stuff 

Zelgaris, I had a Gram before it was nerfed. Skins don't always have to be a similar weapon, plus the Ori is a WIP, still  figuring out how to make it a little better. And so what of the blade is only on one side? It's different. Need to take a look at some more designs, get a idea of mixing and matching parts. There are weapons that look like something else, but theyre not.

Your skin looks better for the scindo, not the gram

What's interesting is that the design of the Plasma Sword and Gram are actually one of the more realistic methods of creating an energy sword available. You need to project, contain (otherwise you have a beam weapon) and recycle (otherwise you're going to run out of batteries fairly quickly) the energy with something. Bouncing a laser between two mirrors is one way of doing this, the other is projecting a magnetic containment field for plasma. Doing this with magnets needs a projector at each end, since magnetic field lines don't exactly form stable hairpin structures from a single field emitter. Two coaxial solenoids pointing North to South could do this, but you'd need some tuning coils along the length of the "blade" to tighten the magnetic field - they have this annoying tendency to diverge...

I just realised that the Gram has a trigger guard in its handle.

Function-wise, that would probably be to ignite the plasma just before you struck - if you have it on all the time, you're going to blind yourself, attract anything magnetic within fifty metres and run out of power.

Wish i could vote this up again.

TWO HANDED ETHER SWORD

Actually, I want an Ether spear...

Function-wise, that would probably be to ignite the plasma just before you struck - if you have it on all the time, you're going to blind yourself, attract anything magnetic within fifty metres and run out of power.

Or so it automatically turns off if you drop it, and have fast/easy access to turing on/off when you draw/sheath it.

no the community longs for and desires deeply in their souls a beautifully crafted skin for the current weapon known as the gram

The only difference between a skin for gram and a new great sword would be the stats, and the appearance, and the name. A new skin for gram would only be a new appearance with the name gram on it. It's hardly a difference.

Edited by Mikovsky

The only difference between a skin for gram and a new great sword would be the stats, and the appearance, and the name. A new skin for gram would only be a new appearance with the name gram on it. It's hardly a difference.

I actually don't mind a new weapon

Considering it should have some different animations then the gram does, Maybe some tryndamere"ish  physics, if anyone knows what I mean by that.

Why one hand? It would make sense to use two but... Well.

No it was just an example of weighted animations.

Something similar with two hands though.

Would be cool to really be able to feel the impact of your swings, Its hard to get that in games now a days.