Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rail Pvp Feedback

feminist-

I have one big gripe with the new system.
Players spend a LOT of time leveling & forming there mods and frames. Putting every player s unranked and unmodded to start with is arbitrarily punishing and serves no real purpose. 

Not only is it punishing because You've earned these mods and frame ranks, but its also punishing because players spend hours fine tuning their reaction times and aiming based of these very specific set ups, and you are stripping them down to a setup they are unfamiliar with. Needless to say this is unfair, unfun and should be immediately changed. 

Now I hear people saying that allowing players to come in as they are will make the game impossible to play. this isn't true because you could run rails the same way you have conclaves. Set up a max conclave for certain rails: for instance venus rails would have a very low conclave max (say 300) so that noobs have a place to pvp, but pluto would have no max conclave, allowing players to chose how they want to PVP

Sorry, but that's untrue, irrational and egocentric.
It's not punishing anyone, it's called "balancing", putting everyone in the same conditions.
Well after that there are retards abusing Valkyr, Rhino, Ash, and $&*&*#(%& weapons, but probably it's a Work In Progress.

If you want to grind gear and splat less geared people go play WoW.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

Sorry, but that's untrue and irrational.

It's not punishing anyone, it's called "balancing", putting everyone in the same conditions. Well after that there are retards abusing Valkyr, Rhino, Ash, and $&*&*#(%& weapons, but probably it's a WIP.

If you want to grind gear and splat less geared people go play WoW.

Sorry but THAT's untrue and irrational. Its punishing. You know it and I know it.

If you want to play a punishing game go play COD

I always find it amusing when young teens tell me to grow up, especially when they act immature

This sounds ironic...

On topic: there is no irony. I haven't tried the new PVP but what I've heard is that it doesn't use mods. So what's the problem? Now people actually require skill in PVP.

Edited by izzatuw

Sorry but THAT's untrue and irrational. Its punishing. You know it and I know it.

If you want to play a punishing game go play COD

I always find it amusing when young teens tell me to grow up, especially when they act immature

Right mate. Please leave, and actually grow up.

The Solar Rails are deliberately made like that for 1. Lore purposes, and 2. to keep all players on relatively the same level.

For lore, the rails emit Orokin type energy which disables our mods at first, so they have to slowly come back online.

For Balance, if people are coming into the rails with maxed EVERYTHING (damage, shields etc.), against someone who doesn't have that kind of power, it just means they'll be steamrolled. However, disabling everyones mods AT FIRST, means everyone has the same power, and as you unlock your mods, others are as well. It's the easiest way to keep everyone on the same balanced level at the same time.

The Conclave points are no way of balancing. Hell I managed to go into a conclave with my Zephyr and Latron, with Max redirection and Serration, into a like, 500 point conclave match. It doesn't work.

So, knowing this now, leave, think a little and come back once you have a more mature mindset.

Thanks mate

Edited by Stormandreas

I have one big gripe with the new system.

Players spend a LOT of time leveling & forming there mods and frames. Putting every player s unranked and unmodded to start with is arbitrarily punishing and serves no real purpose. 

Not only is it punishing because You've earned these mods and frame ranks, but its also punishing because players spend hours fine tuning their reaction times and aiming based of these very specific set ups, and you are stripping them down to a setup they are unfamiliar with. Needless to say this is unfair, unfun and should be immediately changed. 

Now I hear people saying that allowing players to come in as they are will make the game impossible to play. this isn't true because you could run rails the same way you have conclaves. Set up a max conclave for certain rails: for instance venus rails would have a very low conclave max (say 300) so that noobs have a place to pvp, but pluto would have no max conclave, allowing players to chose how they want to PVP

I'm running the new PVP Rails mission for the first time.

The PvP system in the Rails is actually awesome - seems MOBA'ish

I don't see what the issue is. 

You start at 0 and as you progress, you unlock mods you had equipped on your loadout before starting the mission.

The opposing team goes through the same thing.

As you level by killing red painted enemies, your mods unlock little by little until you reach a level where all your mods are unlocked.

By this time, you can get back to your fine tuned killing. You out level the opposing team by killing stuff faster than they do and this increases your chance of putting their reinforcements out before they breach all the points in the Rail you are defending.  

In a way it takes the experience you had with your loadout and compresses it into a short mission time frame from zero to fine tuned. 

I think it is a nice change from Conclave where there is no other mechanic other than kill the other guy.

However, the crappy part to me is when a level 0 drops into a game already in progress.

You can drop into a game at level 0 and the opposing team is already "farmed" like hell and that sucks. You pretty much drop in as meat.

DE should change it so level 0 players get queued up with other level 0 players instead of dropping them into hopeless missions.

Though I have an idea how MOBA works, I don't play much, but i don't imagine level 0 queues are dropped into a game in progress where towers are already destroyed and the opposing team is farmed @ level 15. That's just silly - there's no way for the level 0 to catch up...

If they can fix this, I think this will be my favorite game mode. 

Edited by Suprizebuttseks

I'm running the new PVP Rails mission for the first time.

The PvP system in the Rails is actually awesome - seems MOBA'ish

I don't see what the issue is. 

You start at 0 and as you level and as you progress, you unlock mods you had equipped on your loadout before starting the mission.

The opposing team goes through the same thing.

As you level by killing red painted enemies, your mods unlock little by little until you reach a level where all your mods are unlocked.

By this time, you can get back to your fine tuned killing. You out level the opposing team by killing stuff faster than they do and this increases your chance of putting their reinforcements out before they breach all the points in the Rail you are defending.  

In a way it takes the experience you had with your loadout and compresses it into a short mission time frame from zero to fine tuned. 

I think it is a nice change from Conclave where there is no other mechanic other than kill the other guy.

However, the crappy part to me is when a level 0 drops into a game already in progress.

You can drop into a game at level 0 and the opposing team is already "farmed" like hell and that sucks. You pretty much drop in as meat.

DE should change it so level 0 players get queued up with other level 0 players instead of dropping them into hopeless missions.

Though I have an idea how MOBA works, I don't play much, but i don't imagine level 0 queues are dropped into a game in progress where towers are already destroyed and the opposing team is farmed @ level 15. That's just silly - there's no way for the level 0 to catch up...

If they can fix this, I think this will be my favorite game mode.

How did DE not ask you to change your name?!

I agree with Mr. Buttseks. The game mode is good in theory. Oh and if the health of the minions could scale properly as to so that they don't eat all your ammo, that would be great.

One mystery I haven't solved yet: unlocking Warframe Abilities in this mode.

I'm not sure if this is just on the defender's end but I was able to get my Warframe up to level 35 and still no abilities unlocked.

My weapon mods unlocked and I was able to win the game with 70% Core Life remaining but I was never able to use any of my abilities.

The opposing team was able to use all of theirs but not me. Yes, I had my desired abilities equipped before hopping into mission.

I am currently defending Conspiracy Alliance Rail in Sedna: Sangeru

Edited by Suprizebuttseks

Except it's not wasted formaing. It speeds up unlocking it.

So my gripe is that if you join in late you start at unranked while the rest are already leveled up. That makes it impossible to catch up and is very infuriating.

This is the most annoying thing.The one match that didn't happen too late, it wasn't too bad. There was one sliding attacking valkyr, but thankfully all that armour means nothing to dex furis.

I invited Clan mates to join me.
When I click "Start Timer" game crashes.

We tried voting on the mission and letting the timer tick - fails to create game.

So we all drop squad, individually click on the mission, opt to support the rail which brought us each to the Start / Finding Squad screen.
We used Teamspeak for a 3,2,1 countdown and click START at the same time for a chance that the four of us would end up in a game together. 
Works quite well actually but so much hassle just to drop into a game with friends, Clan mates, and Alliance.
Now and then 3 of us would end up in a game together while 1 ends up in a random game. 

I this PVP Rail mode is designed like the rest of the game: everything relies on RNG
even dropping into a fresh level 0 game

AND another problem.
i finally dropped into a game that started fairly early, i kicked &#!, got to level 27 then host migration.
i drop into the migrated game UNRANKED but fighting the mobs scaled to the same level prior to host migration...

i really want to like this game mode. i hope they fix these problems among others

i figured out one thing:

The mods unlock by the order you placed them in your loadout.
So whatever advantages you want to have over the enemy sooner, you have to place your mods in that order. 

that adds more strategy to this game mode but still doesn't help with the "Level 0 drop in" imbalance