Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemies Too Strong Now!

simplyXtreme

I completely understand the fact that you want to make the game more of a challenge for some people, but now some the enemies are just to strong!! I'm currently having trouble getting past Earth because the grineer and are near invincible in some cases and they spawn way to quickly to be taken care of by a group of new players like my self.  They just spawn to fast and are to strong for us to stand any chance against them.  Same with the bosses, they are way to powerful.  Even the captain Vors is nearly to hard to beat and same with the Jackel. They litteraly have so much health that we need to back track through the maps to scavenge for ammo to use in some cases! 

I completely undetstand the you want to make the game more challenging but seriously it's near impossilbe for a lot of people now to advance at a normal pace and not want to quit playing with the level of difficulty you set it at. Just lower the difficulty just a bit, that's all we ask.  

For me they are fine , still some like jackal with hes damn missile dats insane but for me thats great its different its not something dat will watch u shot him, DE needs to see dat more HP and more Damage dont make a boss challenging but what he do makes a true challenge

iv also noticed that recently. on Earth just those flying cockroaches (grineer fly units) shoot missles and knock u down and even before u get up theres another stack of missles coming right at u. Although i do have the firepower to 1 shot every single one of them i dont wanna be using my best gear on earth

It might be a case of you not modding as efficiently as you can or just a bit of practice needed? I haven't noticed much of a change. Although that could just be because I've been playing for so long. But even with unranked equipment I've not noticed much of a difficulty increase. Except with feral kubrows, but you can just ignore them for the most part anyway.

Good to hear some feedback from new players though for the early stages of the game.

I completely understand the fact that you want to make the game more of a challenge for some people, but now some the enemies are just to strong!! I'm currently having trouble getting past Earth because the grineer and are near invincible in some cases and they spawn way to quickly to be taken care of by a group of new players like my self.  They just spawn to fast and are to strong for us to stand any chance against them.  Same with the bosses, they are way to powerful.  Even the captain Vors is nearly to hard to beat and same with the Jackel. They litteraly have so much health that we need to back track through the maps to scavenge for ammo to use in some cases! 

I completely undetstand the you want to make the game more challenging but seriously it's near impossilbe for a lot of people now to advance at a normal pace and not want to quit playing with the level of difficulty you set it at. Just lower the difficulty just a bit, that's all we ask.  

I one hit the jackal in 3 shots with the phage... this thread is now closed LOL

Edited by Lighter2017

I one hit the jackal in 3 shots with the phage... this thread is now closed LOL

Stop... just stop... You're talking about a weapon that could take weeks for a new player to make and likely have mods on it that would take forever to attain afterwards.

Maybe new players shouldn't do bosses until they have good equipment

And there is feedback in the game to let them know how prepared they are?

There is the Conclave rating which bosses now scale too. But there is no feedback what lvl of boss you will fight with what rating.

The information needs to be there within the game without making people rely on a 3ed party like the wiki.

There is the Conclave rating which bosses now scale too. But there is no feedback what lvl of boss you will fight with what rating.

The information needs to be there within the game without making people rely on a 3ed party like the wiki.

I think it's time for a change :) balance is a problem lets unbalance it so it becomes a challenge you can't have a boss if everyone can do it.

and if needed il run simple through jackal

Edited by Lighter2017

then lets put in a scale. of what bosses are easy and which are not.

I think one of the problems that new players have is that they first start off in Earth now, where as per U14 mercury was the Newbie area.

I dont think there is any guide to say, once you have completed getting your ship and fitting it out you need to head back to mercury to farm up your mods and collect as much coin, Materials and experience as possible.

Also dont expect to be able to back on Earth for a couple of weeks unless you have ploughed money in the game to buy Maxed Up Mods.

The only other way to gain quick just in Experience is to run with high level players.

iv also noticed that recently. on Earth just those flying cockroaches (grineer fly units) shoot missles and knock u down and even before u get up theres another stack of missles coming right at u. Although i do have the firepower to 1 shot every single one of them i dont wanna be using my best gear on earth

They took lessons from the bombard instructors, now they understand the worth of knockdowns. Also this gives a better reason to equip anti-knockdown mods. on earth the hellions and kubrows are pests but since you know that prepare your loadout before hand. Hopefully you have the mods.

I think one of the problems that new players have is that they first start off in Earth now, where as per U14 mercury was the Newbie area.

I dont think there is any guide to say, once you have completed getting your ship and fitting it out you need to head back to mercury to farm up your mods and collect as much coin, Materials and experience as possible.

Also dont expect to be able to back on Earth for a couple of weeks unless you have ploughed money in the game to buy Maxed Up Mods.

The only other way to gain quick just in Experience is to run with high level players.

Earth should just be locked once your done with the tutorial and then players will progress through things in the right order perhaps.

Maybe new players shouldn't do bosses until they have good equipment

Its been a while since I've seen someone talk out of their @$$ so much.

How do you expect new players to know what is and isn't good equipment?

We only just recently got a tutorial that explains most of the games basic aspects.

Fun fact, Running bosses especially starting ones with boltor prime or OP weapon A doesn't have any relevance as to whether or not said boss is unbalanced for new players. Your experience as a long time player is next to irrelevant because you have had time to grasp the games mechanics, learn how to mod effectively, and time to build up skill.

Also as fair as I'm aware bosses now scale too the players conclave rating so scaling bosses easy to hard is also pointless. As a general rule its safe to assume bosses increase in difficulty with each new encounter. I'm not saying everything should be nerfed for the new player but with a scaling system and them modding correctly and playing with a certain degree of skill they should be fine. Which is why OP has been asked in the first place as to what his set up was.

TL;DR We need feedback of the new player experience especially now its been revamped. Stop assuming they have skill, knowledge and equipment suitable for the task just because you have.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

I took out a level 52 Alad V with a Penta. Does that mean this isn't an issue?

No.

We have to make this game beginner friendly, at least at early planets, or else the playerbase will stagnant or even drop.

Just because you have gear good enough to cheese everything doesn't mean all other players do too.

This is a thread for discussion, not to come in and say "look at my veteran gear this is too easy lol you're just bad" because that is in no way constructive or actually contributes anything to finding a solution for this issue.

With regards to OP, Enemy and Boss scaling are broken currently, since they just recently changed those.

If you're simply having problems beating a boss so you can progress, feel free to add me and ask for me when I'm online, and I'll be happy to assist.

Earth should just be locked once your done with the tutorial and then players will progress through things in the right order perhaps.

Its been a while since I've seen someone talk out of their @$$ so much.

How do you expect new players to know what is and isn't good equipment?

We only just recently got a tutorial that explains most of the games basic aspects.

Fun fact, Running bosses especially starting ones with boltor prime or OP weapon A doesn't have any relevance as to whether or not said boss is unbalanced for new players. Your experience as a long time player is next to irrelevant because you have had time to grasp the games mechanics, learn how to mod effectively, and time to build up skill.

Also as fair as I'm aware bosses now scale too the players conclave rating so scaling bosses easy to hard is also pointless. As a general rule its safe to assume bosses increase in difficulty with each new encounter. I'm not saying everything should be nerfed for the new player but with a scaling system and them modding correctly and playing with a certain degree of skill they should be fine. Which is why OP has been asked in the first place as to what his set up was.

TL;DR We need feedback of the new player experience especially now its been revamped. Stop assuming they have skill, knowledge and equipment suitable for the task just because you have.

I enjoy talking like such now, as for my statement this is contradicting however, players should communicate with other players to learn and obtain what they require that is considered "Powerful" and what is "not" thus allowing the "Elder" Tenno of the game to guide the youthful and Newley awakened ones. This is how I was brought up, it would even match lore as to even socialize with other Tenno, as both are loyal only to one another. However single player would be a problem but no one has ever been sooo isolated in warframe, everyone tried the multiplayer, only to make friends and play and interact with other warframes. Edited by Lighter2017

I enjoy talking like such now, as for my statement this is contradicting however, players should communicate with other players to learn and obtain what they require that is considered "Powerful" and what is "not" thus allowing the "Elder" Tenno of the game to guide the youthful and Newley awakened ones. This is how I was brought up, it would even match lore as to even socialize with other Tenno, as both are loyal only to one another. However single player would be a problem but no one has ever been sooo isolated in warframe, everyone tried the multiplayer, only to make friends and play and interact with other warframes.

Your still making the assumption that a new player prefers to play online and is lucky enough to encounter other players that are willing to help or even communicate with them. In a fair amount of cases new players have trouble when being grouped with other players on an early planet as they just rush ahead and one shot everything with their boltor prime. Even if they have an idea of some decent and effortless weapons to mod to absurd levels of damage it doesn't mean they have the resources yet or the time to invest in them.

I envy your optimism, but unfortunately new players don't always experience that degree of help and still lack resources.

They also shouldn't have to have a specific few weapons to effectively make it through the start chart.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

I enjoy talking like such now, as for my statement this is contradicting however, players should communicate with other players to learn and obtain what they require that is considered "Powerful" and what is "not" thus allowing the "Elder" Tenno of the game to guide the youthful and Newley awakened ones. This is how I was brought up, it would even match lore as to even socialize with other Tenno, as both are loyal only to one another. However single player would be a problem but no one has ever been sooo isolated in warframe, everyone tried the multiplayer, only to make friends and play and interact with other warframes.

The highlighted part of your reply makes your argument flawed.  Warframe is designed for both solo and group play.  If it is not balanced in both instances, it is not balanced, and therefore the design team should continue looking into data-mined sources and see where the problems are and how to fix them.

And I further disagree with your statement that "Bosses are not bosses if everyone can pass them."  This sounds like you want to discourage/disregard the new players, forcing them to only team up with OP veterans.  This would be poor design, and fortunately the design team has repeatedly shown that they do not want to follow that philosophy.