Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage - Sleight Of Hand

Drazhar14

The concept behind this ability is really cool, however I find the ability extremely situation and most of the time useless since objects in the environment can be limited sometimes. To improve its effectiveness, it should affect more types of objects (or even generate random mystery objects of some sort if nothing is around). Also, if important objects like Interception control panels and Defense power cores were affected, I think the ability would be much more valuable. To prevent it from being overpowered in these situation, the trap could be a one time trigger on these objects, then must be recast. That's my two cents on the ability. 

generating objects for players to shoot to do various effects in combination with converting whats there would make this skill a lot more practical. might even drop something for it then :D (also having some of these objects be automatic traps like the lockers things would be awesome as well)

I'm not a fan of this skill, either. When I first read about it, I thought Sleight of Hand booby-trapped ammo drops so they acted as tiny proximity mines, as opposed to making ammo disappear from my sight upon activation. Aside from rigging traps and cameras in my favor, this skill is worthless to me outside of ODD, depending on my weapon of choice and if it has an ammo mutation mod. 

the skill should create traps or images the skill at the moment isn't worth the energy or time and AI for it is disappointing not to mention its a 1 time use skill and very situational for a fast action game except certain modes

I would change three things.

1.) Ammo packs should function as landmines, not immediately explode.   Massive waste of ammo otherwise.

2.) Energy-door-traps on Grineer ships should function the same way as Corpus laser gates do:  allies can move through, and even gain energy by standing in the beam, but enemies get hurt.

3.) Damage of traps created should scale to the level of enemies being spawned.

My main gripe with Sleight of Hand is that it goes against Mirage's general style of relying on weapons to deal damage.

Using weapons requires ammo.

Hall of Mirrors, Eclipse makes my weapons work better, requiring less ammo.

Sleight of Hand destroys ammo.

I would change three things.

1.) Ammo packs should function as landmines, not immediately explode.   Massive waste of ammo otherwise.

2.) Energy-door-traps on Grineer ships should function the same way as Corpus laser gates do:  allies can move through, and even gain energy by standing in the beam, but enemies get hurt.

3.) Damage of traps created should scale to the level of enemies being spawned.

These changes are pretty simple, yet would vastly improve the ability. But even with these, it still feels like it's missing something... 

What about even interacting with the other non-interactable items, like those static Grineer boxes, crates, railings and such (while it may be very time-consuming to code for, it would be fun if enemies take damage when near these items when they take cover behind them)?