Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Gun To Get After Mk1-Braton?

(PSN)Why_so_pro71

Question

Just started playing and I think I need to obtain a new gun after the starter gun, MK1 Braton. Right now I'm kind of leaning towards the latron because of its high accuracy and damage. I would prefer a rapid firing rifle type gun. Also what new sword should I get after skana?

Thanks

9 answers to this question

There's always the regular Braton you can buy with credits. Pretty much a direct upgrade to the Mk-1 Version. There's also the Boltor, very powerful for early levels but the bullets have travel time, and it needs to be crafted as well. As for melee, Orthos is a great melee weapon that can be crafted with easy materials.

Im not sure on planet progression anymore after U14 but I would suggest looking into the Karak and Grakata after you've reached Earth/Mars/Saturn planets. This would be ~3rd weapon, for now I'd advise as Xandis to go for the regular Braton and Boltor. The Strun should be available early as well if you want to try out a shotgun.

Focus your farming on getting a sentinel and the mats for Akbolto - the former adds a lot of survivability and the latter is the first endgame and multiForma worthy weapon available.

Short answer(s):

If credits are the only resource, the Braton.

If you have enough materials and are MR2 or above, the Boltor or Karak. You choice of the Latron is good, but the other two definitely have much higher rates of fire, being auto-trigger weapons. The Latron is a semi-auto. If you're seriously considering the Latron, the Burston is also a contender. It's burst-fire, but has much of the same virtues as the Latron, but potentially higher dps.

Melee weapon: the Orthos, without question.

The boltor and the orthos are currently XP locked for me. I can buy the Karak blueprint. So...how can I unlock them?

Both of those require Mastery Rank 2.  The Karak does too unless that has changed since I got mine ages ago.  Seems like it has if you say you can buy that blue print.

So you need to rank up, which means you need to use any new gun that you can.  Which one really doesn't matter.  This stage of the game is a lot of

1) Buy (with credits) / Build new weapon

2) Rank weapon to 30

3) Repeat

Use this to explore the different options.  Find out if you like shotguns, auto rifles, semi auto rifles, etc.

Edited by (PS4)Agent_CHAR

Karak is too expensive. Buy a normal Braton, reach rank 2 and take a Boltor and Orthos. They will allow you to do everything, from Mercury to Pluto. 

However, when you're not go ahead with missions or something like that, it's better if you level up other weapons to reach Mastery rank 8. After that, you will be able to use every weapon in the game.