Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If De Brought New Voice Talents To Warframe, Who Would You Want It To Be?

RazorTip

I actually think the voice acting in Warframe is really good. I had to get used to the corpus voice though (this is pretty much the first space/hackslash whatever you'd call it, game i've been playing) as i initially thought they sounded kinda ..gay. High pitch voices, silly language but i'm used to it now, it fits well.

What we do need, however, is diversity. Alot more, why do all the corpus sound the same? I can imagine so from the grineer, being cloned an all. YEa, corpus with the helmet perhaps but still. More lines, more voices.

If DE is able to snatch up some well known voice actor that would awesome though ; and if.. if frames ever got voices, i'd like my rhino to sound like samuel l jackson. Just because it fits. The the path of the righteo..*stomp*

@ WEREsandrock @ Gross1985 ... I agree with you both - don't bring in more elements

Here is the deal ... DE has done Warframe IN HOUSE

They use their own talent rather than copy all the other studios who rely on big names and big budgets

LEAVE DE ALONE!

To have beloved character actors, voice actors is fine ... but recognize that everything has its proper place

Warframe doesn't have to be like all the rest thats out there

Now, if DE wanted to have a GUEST do a voice for a one time special event, that would build up the event ...

Say have Sam Kekovitch (the guy that does all the Australia Day ads for the Lamb industry) do the voice of the Twin Queens court gaurds ...

Edited by ElHefe

No celebrities - always overpriced and a poor use of assets.  Established voice actors that are reasonably affordable is a good route.  Normally the most important thing is just getting "actors" though.  They don't have to be famous or super-well-known VO artists.  Acting is the important part.

@ Zeylon ... I agree that it's the quality not the notoriety that counts

Rebecca has been great as The Lotus ... she is the story's narrator

I don't know about her previous voice acting experience but what she does works

Even the other voices work, like Sprag and her sister in the last event

It's important to let NEW talent come out

Was Samuel L. Jackson always as good as he is?  No. 

He had talent.  He worked.  He got a break.  He is good for the times. 

Now He is everywhere.

I am just as much of a fan of Samuel Jackson as anybody ...

Loved him Afro Samurai ... just don't think he fits Warframe

Edited by ElHefe

@ Zeylon ... I agree that it's the quality not the notoriety that counts

Rebecca has been great as The Lotus ... she is the story's narrator

I don't know about her previous voice acting experience but what she does works

I actually disagree: No hate on Rebecca here, but I gotta say... I do not like her as the voice of the Lotus.  The boring voice doesn't fit well with the not-so-boring gameplay.  Of course, this is all my own opinion.  And even in the fierce voice recordings " Leave no one standing. ", she doesn't sound like she means it.  People can disagree with it, but this is just me putting my two cents into the matter.

I think I already commented in this thread, will quote what I said earlier.

I actually thought about this probably more seriously than people would think is normal.  But I was thinking about writing a script/fanfiction for a Warframe story podcast.  Only going to list the voices for warframes I considered:

Ash - Wouldn't talk or I couldn't think of a fitting voice.

Ember - Seductive-sounding.  Or a smooth, confident voice.

Rhino - Deep, raspy, masculine voice.

Valkyr - This is a tough one... because she's meant to be mentally tormented and her Hysteria voice-cry doesn't really match my thoughts.  But based off of that: I'd have to say she would have a tom-boyish, smooth voice, but would sound sorta ... "out there" (insane).

Oberon - The way I see Oberon is Nasus' voice in League of Legends prior to the rework.  A smooth male voice, that's all.

Edited by Auramau

David Hayter as Ash. And whoever voiced Raiden in MGR for Volt. 

This!

For those that do not know the voice:

"EA It's in the game"

or

snake

or

Guyver if anyone stills remebers this ^^

Nuff said

Edited by Segaki

If there's ever a voice for the human resistance leader, Keith David (aka Captain David Anderson from Mass Effect).

Courtenay Taylor as one of the Twin Queens or as Kela de Thaym (aka Jack from Mass Effect).

Stephen Merchant and Ellen McLain (Wheatly and GLaDOS from Portal 2, respectively) as alternate options for the in-ship AI (currently Ordis); out of all the options, I'd see those as the most possible given the relationship between Warframe and Steam/Valve. I'd still keep Ordis as an option though I'd like more variety from him.

Quinton Flynn for the Stalker (aka Raiden from the Metal Gear series) with a good amount of distortion to make him sound both dark and (if the actual lore fits) quite deranged.

---

Otherwise, it's hard to come up with voice ideas since while there's some spoken lines in the game, they're mostly Lotus or flavor / taunts given in-mission. If there was more cutscenes and development of character, then surely having more voice actors would be nice.

I wouldn't swap Lotus, Darvo or Vay Hek though :

Lotus is a figurehead which voice is well known enough to be felt like the main character besides the players themselves due to its motherly nature; Darvo's tone and accent fits his personality well and Vay Hek is a big, fat load of ham encased in a giant, mechanical yellow chicken which always manages to make me smile whenever I go on his assassination mission due to his quotes.

Edited by Wiegraf