Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Halp, My Gfx Card Died!

Brimir

So I've had a loyal and faithful companion in my GTX 680 up until a few days ago (just in time for U14, go !/"#¤#ing figure, eh?) when it went belly-up. I liked it so much I was about to order an exact replacement only to notice that they've pretty much gone extinct in favor of the 700-series.

So I'm just wondering which of the 700 cards is the closest thing to the direct descendant of the 680; I don't want to spend money on a new card only to find out it isn't compatible with my rig due to increased power drain or something like that...

Edited by Brimir

Fist of all you can still get 600 series cards. I recommend the highest edition GTX760 from EVGA, thats what I have and its only around $350USD, it works great and can play at least the 'very' lastest games at 40-60fps on ultra settings.  

Fist of all you can still get 600 series cards.

Probably, but my select retailer(s) that I trust don't carry them anymore unfortunately. I'll see if I can't find a good deal on the 760.

Edited by Brimir

Another rather embarrassing question (I'm a software guy, not hardware!):

All graphics card use either 8x or 6x connectors, right? Do I need to match the ones already in my computer with the card I want to buy, or can you change which ones your PC use...?