Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Brilliant Idea For A Mission

Knightmarez

33p4wma.jpg

how about a a mission where you repair his AI and unlock the ability to MUTE HIS VOICE WHEN I AM CONCENTRATING ON MY MODS so i don't click the wrong damn button. Text popup only as an option from then on.

no SERIOUSLY this should be a a quest line.

this isn't a passive agressive suggestion, i tihnk it would be better to be a mission and an in-joke about how 'mad' the cephalon is, and early game for new players something talking is a good idea, for veterans it is not.

Edited by Knightmarez

Don't tell me not to say its brilliant. You KNOW you want ordis to STFU. everyone's annoyance and rage has a brilliance of it own. Like that family member at xmas who won't let other people talk.

ORDIS

"...I may require maintenance after all..."

Edited by Knightmarez

Yeah umm... I like Ordis. And I actually don't find your idea to be particularly "brilliant." So... Yeah.

Nor do I. I think he adds quite a bit of charm to the game. My brother, whom has never played Warframe, actually said he wanted to pick it up because of Ordis (as well as what he's seen of my playthroughs)

Obvious is a form of brilliance. It's called common sense.

if it annoys the hell out of even just half the players, getting him to be quiet is a good thing. After all i said Option.

making so he doesn't stop talking *at the beginning* makes it easier on new players AND making a it a mission adds to the immersion of the game.

.....its about quality of posts not quantity.....

Brilliant: exceptionally clever or talented. This idea boasts neither of those qualifiers to be brilliant. Just as important, common sense is the furthest thing from brilliance. 

Also, just a thought, I'm assuming you bought a computer with volume control. If so, utilize it.

Edited by Kestral9999

I like Ordis, So NO. Matter of fact I hope they add more interactive lines to him/her/it. This AI has a unique character thus why the title "Mad Cephalon".

"But we want an option to silence the subject of the update!" said the vast minority of the community.

Postnote: I hope they make him talk nigh constantly, just rambling to himself and dropping lore bombs when there's nothing left to say to the player.

Edited by Kestral9999

" The sound the kurbrow made is not...unpleasant. "

Operator the system needs you, will you begin another mission?

No i'm concentrating on my kubrow atm please be quiet.

"I've been tihnking operator, i thought you should know that."

Will you please be quiet, you rudely interrupted my friend on voice coms

" I am HAP-ANGRY, i may require maintenance."

Thats great, i would love to help you there, but I'm tabbed and reading my forum thread.

"do you remember the old war, operator? Odis seems to have misplaced that memory. "

No i Don't, Look i can't TURN YOUR Volume DOWN IN WINDOWS because i want to hear the LOTUS say if there is an alert, can you PLEASE inform me of anything important, or be silent.

PLEASE tell me the quest to fix you

Lotus " New alert on navigation, Tenno"

Why THANK YOU Lotus. You wouldn't have the mission to repair odis would you?!

"operator are you enjoying the view?"

No, no i'm not, i'm concentrating. I almost fusioned my serration mod INTO the ammo box mod. instead of the other way around. Can you PLEASE be quiet, or at least only pop-up txt boxes. Something.....anything.

"i'm HAapy- Angry, Oh i may need maintenance after all!"

Yes i know that you were damaged by the grinneer

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140718150926/warframe/images/7/7c/Ordis.png (notice the crack)

and i'm really glad to have you as a ship but i REALLY want to know how to repair/fix you.

"i've been thinking operator, i'd thought you want to know."

Well that's great odis, but can you maybe think about how i might fix you?

"do you remember the old war, operator? Odis seems to have misplaced that memory. "

I have misplaced those memories, but you shouldn't be searching for that. Please show me the how to fix you.

" operator the system needs you, will you begin another mission "

PLEASE stop breaking my concentration, i was trying to pick a mission, and i was talking to my clan mate on coms, and you talked OVER him RUDELY.

No i don't but i DO remember this conversation. Any luck trying to remember how to fix you?

"Operator the system needs you, will you being a new mission?"

I just did a 30min survival run with my friend. And i'm reading the forum. No, please stop breaking my concentration.

"I've been thinking operator, i'd thought you would want to know"

You thought WRONG. Can you PLEASE think about how to FIX you, i will IMMEDIATELY do that mission

Lotus " Tenno, there is a time limited alert, check navigation"

Oh why thanks lotus, i'll check that right now. good thing i can hear you whilst i type in the forum.

"Ordis is Ha--ANGRY, hmmm, i may need maintenance after all "

NO REALLY? I DIDN'T KNOW ORDIS. ******* wow, please TELL ME where to GO to FIX YOU

"operator are you enjoying the view?"

What view? I'm staring at a bunch of mods?!?!?! i'm just adding bleed out duration to my self because....**** you broke my concentration....because....

ARGH !!

.....Yes i remember , because i'm going to put bleedout link on the kubrow as well. Yes, that's what i'm doing.

"operator, i run diagnostic modules, all systems operative. No need to thank me"

No they are NOT all active, the AI interaction routines are still not modifiable and set on a loop. ODis, Re-do your scans.

"operator the system needs you, will you begin another mission?"

NO, I already TOLD YOU. Can you PLEASE search your memory banks on how to fix your Audio system.

"i've been thinking operator, i thought you would want to know "

I await your brilliance odis. i truly do.

"I'm Hap-ANGRY hmmm, i may require maintenance after all "

Well i WAS happy and now i AM angry Odis, i'm angry because you aren't responding to me. I'ts ME, THE OPERATOR

FIND the mission that fixes you NOW.

I just want to tweak you're voice so its not so loud. Or maybe a slider to control HOW MUCH you talk. Anything but this.

"Operator do you want"

NO I'M GOING TO THE DOJO TO SLEEP NOW GOOD NIGHT ODIS SEE YOU TOMMOROW.....*sigh*.....sorry for yelling odis...just...........you mean well.......

...until the patch comes....or they choose to lock the thread and silence me, instead of silencing (optional) odis. I call to all warframes, and tenno.....tell us on tihs thread, what DID odis just say to you, and what was your response.

33p4wma.jpg

....tell me you didn't just hear him say that....in his voice...as you read it.....

"Hello Operator, I'm glad you have returned"

Hey Odis, i'm glad to have some time to relax playing warframe again.

"Do you remember the old war operator, Odis seems to h ave...misplaced those memories"

No but i do remember this conversation. do YOU remember how to fix you yet?....wait....didn't I say this yesterday?

"Are you enjoying the view?"

Actually yes I am today. I see an asteroid belt and a planet. I would enjoy the sound of your silence though.

"ordis is Ha-ANGRY, hmm, i may require maintenance"

I KNOW YOU REQUIRE FIXING

Game crashed had to restart

" Welcome operator"

....we were talking 5 min ago....

"operator, ordis wonders, what are you thinking about"

I'm thinking about why my game crashed when i tried to help sechura on pluto, a conflict offering 30000 credits, which i need for my kubrow.

game crashes again.

"Welcome operator"

..........hi.......

"operator, will you begin another mission?"

I don't know, will it crash? is it the mission that fixes you?

"Do you remember the old war operator, Odis seems to h ave...misplaced those memories"

Do you remember how to change how often you talk?

"Operator, are you enjoying the view?"

No, i'm concentrating on what to build with my limited resources

That's not all you seem to have misplaced

(seriously i'm not making up how much this AI talks)

"operator, i've run diagnostic regressions, all systems nominal, no need to thank me"

run the 'regression' that will fix your core

just got back from mission

"Operator, the system needs you, will you begin another mission?"

If its the one that fixes you yes, otherwise no, i'm making some tea.

"ordis is ha-ANGRY....."

let me guess you

" ....I may require maintenance after all "

"opreator, ordis wonders, what are you thinking about"

About how you won't stop babbling because you are broken, and how i want to PATCH your systems as soon as possible.

"operator, ordis wonders, what are you thinking about"

counting the days until i can PATCH you

"Operator, the system needs you, will you begin another mission?"

i am literally about to click that button captain obvious

"operator, are you enjoying the view?"

how come you never say that when i'm actually looking out the window. a foundry console is not a 'view'

"operator, i've been thinking, what are you thinking about?"

I THINK NOTHING I ONLY FEEL RAGE AT YOUR BROKEN CORE, PART OF ME WISHES I LEFT YOU TO THE GRINEER

"operator, i've run diagnostic regressions, all systems nominal, no need to thank me"

No need to thank you is the only part of that statement that holds true.

"Do you remember the old war operator, Odis seems to have...misplaced those memories"

..just.....just......stop...........enough now.........

"operator, i've been thinking, what are you thinking about?"

die

*logs off*

"Ordis is pleased to see you"

Oh hi ordis, chatty as ever i see. I wonder if when i PATCH you if i will still let you talk, but just not so damn much. the odd comment is fine.......welcoming is nice i got to admit.

All joy pleasure i had at meeting you again has now evaoprated.

Comes back from mission

"Ordis has recieved messages for the operator, no i have not read them."

Hey you know what ordis? Good job informing me of my new messages! that's very helpful too me.

No they arn't, run them again, find out what mission to fix you is where when and how. i'd fight though a HARD one to fix you ordis.

"opreator, ordis wonders, what are you thinking about"

I was just tihnking how infuriating it would be if I was blocked, but YOU wern't orids, what a laughable travasty that would be.

"welcome operator"

Ahh yes, it's so nice to have a friendly AI butler in my ship. I can see why people like you.

Of my kubrow? i'd hardly call that a vie------- oh wow now i remember the pain if listening to your ramblings odis. Ramblings of a Mad Cephalon. Looking forward until i can DEVELOP a and build a PATCH for you in the foundry! Slider bars and toggles for your voice. *sigh* i can only dream for now.

Got back from a 20min survival.....

Well since i'm starting at a globe of the earth, waiting for 2 people to join my match.....well i'd hardly call it a 'view'. What's your obession with ' view ' ordis.

"welcome operator"

ahhh, time to get back after that long cryosleep...well...a few days at the dojo at least.

"Operator, will you run a new mission?

What? No , i just got back ....wow wait a minute.

Lotus: new alert on navigation tenno.

Thank you lotus, i find that alert notification very helpful.

runs mission

"ordis wonders, what are you thinking about?"

My frost prime that i'm building that's going to have the squall helmet on it because that results in the strongest sphere, although i might buy the aura helmet to provide an armour bonus to my kubrow............also you seem less chatty........i still need to patch you though, so that you are silent as i meditate on my resources.

.....ahhh, we got on so well when we met, i like you more than the oppotunist darvo. you mean well odis.

"Ordis is pleased to see you"

i minute later

"Ordis is ha-ANGRY....hmmm i may require maintence after all."

.............perhaps i was just imagining your repetative conversations were happening less often........

"ordis is pleased to see you"

Well i'm glad i could log in again after that crash, got to admit i don't mind you welcoming me like a butler.

"ordis is wondering, what are you thinking about"

Die. Just die.

"ordis have recieved messages for the operator, no i have not read them"

....thank you ordis that's appropriate.

"foundry items ready to claim operator"

Well that's useful. Thank you for reminding me. I would love if you did that for extractors as well

"ordis is Ha----ANGRY, i m"

MAY REQUIRE MAINTENCE HUH?

"Ordis is ha- ANGRY, i may require maintenence after all "

well someone patched you to not talk so damn much. wow, what a headache.

.......silence.......

Seems like you'r little nanobots are doing their job........i'm so happy they developed a solution.

i suppose you being less talkative will do :)

Edited by Letter13

The closest I'd be willing to agree to your stance is that Ordis shouldn't talk while you're in menus unless he is explaining the menu for the first time or something. That's a simple and immediate fix.

If you just don't like hearing him at all, well...

volumecontrol.jpg

It would be neat if you could replace his voice with a female's and either fix or degrade his rampancy.

"fix" "repair" you're misusing these terms. An AI is useless if it cannot speak. You're effectively asking to be able to break Ordis, not fix him.

He's kind of funny and adds some immersion to the game...for the first couple days. I've heard everything he can say 20 times because he rambles out some silly line every 2 minutes. I'd understand if they don't want to shut him up completely, but maybe lower the frequency of his dialog. I would personally like the option to talk to him, and unless I do, he remains quiet.

"I've been tihnking operator, i thought you should know that."

Will you please be quiet, you rudely interrupted my friend on voice coms

It's lame sauce lines like that that make me roll my eyes and groan after ive heard it 20 times.

"Yes Ordis, I'm aware you are borderline rampant. Please keep it to yourself until I can repair you"

I have no idea what that means, I should look it up, but I'd get it in medical terms I wouldn't understand. What is happening is a person is documenting Ordis and his reactions to Ordis speaking.

I was referring to the fact that everyone posting now has (basically) the same avatar. So it makes it look like Excalibur Prime has schizophrenia and is having conversations with himself, while one persona is actually having conversations with himself. It's rather confusing.

Ok well this is just another guy that wants everyone to agree with him. I would ignore him guys, he is just looking for attention. People here actually like Ordis, so do I. If you dont like him, mute the game, it doesnt get any simpler than that. There is a reason he is like this, *Cough* *Cough* "Update 14: The MAD CEPHALON". Your constant lines of talking to yourself, calm down, you are just a troll seeking attention because people dont agree with you. No brilliance seen here. 

I like Ordis, its just the rambling of same lame lines over and over it starts to get annoying. He kinda reminds me of navi from ocarina of time, constantly bugging you with c-up "hey listen...hey listen..."

Edited by LordThanix