Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Brilliant Idea For A Mission

Knightmarez

Has anyone yet to figure out what he means when he keeps saying to "fix" Ordis? He's shown consistently that he's not going to reply so I figure I'll ask you guys.

I guess he means either to have the option to turn him off, or to fix his AI so he doesn't have those glitchy mood swings.

I guess he means either to have the option to turn him off, or to fix his AI so he doesn't have those glitchy mood swings.

Well like I said before, an AI is nigh useless if it can't speak so turning his voice parameters off would really be breaking him. But the mood swings are definitely broken lol. I like them though, they're part of his charm :P

Well like I said before, an AI is nigh useless if it can't speak so turning his voice parameters off would really be breaking him. But the mood swings are definitely broken lol. I like them though, they're part of his charm :P

I also like the mood swings. They go with his personality

Has anyone yet to figure out what he means when he keeps saying to "fix" Ordis?

Ordis, according to the Lotus, Darvos, and Ordis itself, is damaged.  We are led to believe that its erratic mood swings are the result of this damage, although SPOILER it's actually because Ordis is something other than what it says it is.

Seriously, if they stack the cliche pile any higher, it's going to tip and drown someone.

Also, I agree with the OP.

Ordis, according to the Lotus, Darvos, and Ordis itself, is damaged.  We are led to believe that its erratic mood swings are the result of this damage, although SPOILER it's actually because Ordis is something other than what it says it is.

Seriously, if they stack the cliche pile any higher, it's going to tip and drown someone.

Also, I agree with the OP.

Yay, you and two other people agree :) Enjoy your corner.

Also, I understand that aspect of it. That's not exactly what he's saying though. He wants to be able to "fix" him so that he doesn't speak. Hey Knightmarez if I'm wrong about this, feel free to chime in.

Edited by Kestral9999

Yay, you and two other people agree

There's at least a half dozen threads about removing Ordis from the menu experience/game within the top three pages of this forum right now.  Perhaps if you posted a bit more often you'd be more familiar with the forums.

There's at least a half dozen threads about removing Ordis from the menu experience/game within the top three pages of this forum right now.  Perhaps if you posted a bit more often you'd be more familiar with the forums.

So, you are telling us that we have to have a lot of posts to actually like Ordis, and want to have him in the game? Nah, I don't have to read all the hate, I like Ordis, if you don't agree, move on.

Says the one with 80 more posts than my secondary account. Get out of here with that.

And there are far more people in favor of Ordis, you are the minority, accept this. I think he should be tweaked a bit, but not removed. That would defeat the purpose of implementing him in the first place.

Says the one with 80 more posts than my secondary account. Get out of here with that.

And there are far more people in favor of Ordis, you are the minority, accept this. I think he should be tweaked a bit, but not removed. That would defeat the purpose of implementing him in the first place.

I agree with this, he just needs a little tweak, not a complete removal, which does defeat the purpose. I also agree about the posting, you dont need tons of posts to express an opinion, that is the point of the forums, I am Mastery Rank 14, I don't have to be that way in the forums too.

Hey, you seemed to indicate on page 1 that more posts means more right.  So I'm at least 23% righter than you for the time being.

And there are far more people in favor of Ordis, you are the minority, accept this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed

I think he should be tweaked a bit, but not removed.

The OP also suggested a tweak that would not remove him.

I agree with this, he just needs a little tweak, not a complete removal, which does defeat the purpose. I also agree about the posting, you dont need tons of posts to express an opinion, that is the point of the forums, I am Mastery Rank 14, I don't have to be that way in the forums too.

Posting mastery rank 20 achieved!

Seriously, I played this game for months and months before I even made my first post on the forums (which of course was pertaining to the migration of founders' packs)

And as far as the tweaking goes, yes I'm sure there will be an update in the near future that allows you to "stabilize" Ordis and possibly even mute him, but as it stands he is the "MAD Cephalon" there is already a mute button on most keyboards which negates OP's need to complain incessantly. 

I would love to be able to change his voice to a female, but aside from that and stabilizing him, I could care less. He's a great addition to the game.

Are we really doing right and wrong here, it is an opinion, therefore it is neither right nor wrong. 

I agree.  But that's not the tune Kes's playing here -- his second response to the OP was suggesting his low post count deprived him of the right to call himself a Veteran.  Which I imagine he'd share of you, if you weren't happening to agree at the moment.

Posting mastery rank 20 achieved!

Seriously, I played this game for months and months before I even made my first post on the forums (which of course was pertaining to the migration of founders' packs)

And as far as the tweaking goes, yes I'm sure there will be an update in the near future that allows you to "stabilize" Ordis and possibly even mute him, but as it stands he is the "MAD Cephalon" there is already a mute button on most keyboards which negates OP's need to complain incessantly. 

I would love to be able to change his voice to a female, but aside from that and stabilizing him, I could care less. He's a great addition to the game.

Agreed, I first started posting when I was about 6 months into the game, Ordis is a great addition and I am pretty sure he will be a mainstay.

I agree.  But that's not the tune Kes's playing here -- his second response to the OP was suggesting his low post count deprived him of the right to call himself a Veteran.  Which I imagine he'd share of you, if you weren't happening to agree at the moment.

I know, but even if he did do that, I wouldn't really care, I worry about my Mastery Rank in game, not the Forums.

Loooooooove your assumptions of me. Keep 'em coming.

His low rank was what I was referring to. He's still a novice. Unless he is like me, and only uses his pc account to post on forums in which case, I take back the remark and your argument is null. Posting more doesn't make you better, nor more right than anyone else. It could have been OP's first post and I wouldn't have berated him for that. His lack of humility is what earned that remark more than anything.

Edited by Kestral9999

Loooooooove your assumptions of me. Keep 'em coming.

His low rank was what I was referring to. He's still a novice. Unless he is like me, and only uses his pc account to post on forums in which case, I take back the remark and your argument is null. Posting more doesn't make you better, nor more right than anyone else. It could have been OP's first post and I wouldn't have berated him for that.

See, this is what I like about these kinds of people, it doesn't matter about your Rank in the Forums, you should focus on your Rank in game.

His lack of humility is what earned that remark more than anything.

And your faith in your friends is yours.  Anyone with that badge should be able to call themselves a veteran, for fairly obvious reasons.

Good talk about humility, though!

Edited by noneuklid

And your faith in your friends is yours.  Anyone with that badge should be able to call themselves a veteran, for fairly obvious reasons.

Good talk about humility, though!

I really wouldn't care, it is an opinion.