Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Updates

LokziiSeIilah

Question

I had been away from warframe for quite some time and i figured I should come back due to the update.

Why was Trinity nerf into the ground as of U9.8? I cant see any of the other warframes being totally redone as trinity was I mean I dont see a reason to use Trinity anymore other than her first and fourth ability as they heal due to the others doing hardly anything. Damage reduction hardly helps unless the cast is perfectly timed with the situation.

I love the Trinity character but hate that the old support role of Trinity is gone and I actually havent seen anouther player using her since I came back.

0 answers to this question

Trinity wasn't nerfed into the ground. She requires more thought and is actually a support role as opposed to a walking easy-mode. You probably don't see her often because people don't want to put any thought into playing.

Or more like people don't like to gamble with other people's "lives" with mechanics that completely contradict what our nurse is supposed to be/do.

Gambler nurse frame? No thanks. I'm happy there's no more 30 seconds of invincibility, but DR based on health missing? YeahNo, pass, thank you. Can't trust the nurse anymore. At least even with randoms the invincibility covered the inexperience...

DE made a bad call, plain and simple. Remove the gamble.

Edited by Marthrym

When blessing took the hit, EV got buffed.

Energy Vampire now restores all energy even if you kill the target.

I have mixed feelings but overall I find trinity far more aggressive now.

(note: some players like myself use blessing rank 0 for a quick spam when needed-paired with max'ed natural talent and fleeting expertise-there are other ways to mod around this ability)

with all that said, you can really help carry groups for a little while in survival and interception across the entire map. I still like trinity.

but DR based on health missing? YeahNo, pass, thank you. Can't trust the nurse anymore.

would be better if the DR was calculated using health and shields instead of just health.

Edited by Quizel

Such cry babies I love her now if you build her correctly example (rank 0 blessing -60% duration) you can pretty much spam heal ..... she can still be walking "easy-mode" if you work around her new fixes makes link more viable now and energy vampire means you never run out of energy... hence spamming blessing would be easy get with the program and quit being so whiny about change

wah wah wah wah wah I don't care anymore.... do you think DE will listen to this pathetic crybaby stuff?

When blessing took the hit, EV got buffed.

Energy Vampire now restores all energy even if you kill the target.

I have mixed feelings but overall I find trinity far more aggressive now.

(note: some players like myself use blessing rank 0 for a quick spam when needed-paired with max'ed natural talent and fleeting expertise-there are other ways to mod around this ability)

with all that said, you can really help carry groups for a little while in survival and interception across the entire map. I still like trinity.

would be better if the DR was calculated using health and shields instead of just health.

This guy knows what's up at least

EV is, frankly, OP atm. Blessing is balanced back to where it should be. I'd say she got fixed and buffed, if anything.

13.3 IIRC was the Blessing/EV change. There was a nerf associated with the implementation of Damage 2.0 whereby the WoL+EV nuke combo no longer ignores armor, and thus no longer one shots any enemy.

if de changes a frame so much that people stop playing it then they need to rethink thier changes ...not blame the player base for not "getting it"

If people play a frame solely for a skill that allows permanent invulnerability, then the frame needs a rework. If people are butthurt that they can't be permanently invincible anymore, then that is their own problem.

Hmm EV can do this? I havent seen that yet Im going to test this.

But along the lines of how the character is I would hope they arent focusing Trinity towards a more offensive character because doesnt that defeat the point of her and just make her closer to Oberons role?

For some reason I imagine everyone that hates on support frames to be someone who thinks Rhinos are the best frame. Good, yes. I personally use it only for solo play or if there is some specific need for it.

Not everyone is going to enjoy playing a Nekro either (another frame which has no real dmg abilities, none that are useful anyway, and mods don't synergize well with between desecrate and other abilites) and plays pure support/desecrate *@##$ role. It can be fun/rewarding to play but let's be honest, Nekro sucks.

Trinity is just one of those frames I mean to play more but never do. Oberon is the ONLY frame I trashed outright... It's often easier to just die to restore health (or bring a Nekro for mad health orbs). Trinity is interesting to me because it is an interactive frame that requires attention. Unlike Nekro (spam 3... spam 3... zzzz) you can't and shouldn't spam blessing. I never got to play pre-u13 trinity but invincibility sounds pretty op...

Hmm EV can do this? I havent seen that yet Im going to test this.

But along the lines of how the character is I would hope they arent focusing Trinity towards a more offensive character because doesnt that defeat the point of her and just make her closer to Oberons role?

Unless Oberon has some form of Vampire ability that I'm not aware of, no they are nothing alike save for the ability to heal teammates.

Even so if Trinity was at one point used as an Overpowered warframe we then see Rhino now who i recently did a pub match with someone using him and he didnt take a single bit of damage the entire mission until he hit himself with an explosive arrow. Now I know Rhino is a tank but thats too much if he is going into crowds of 6-8 enemies and not taking damage even to his shield.

Even so if Trinity was at one point used as an Overpowered warframe we then see Rhino now who i recently did a pub match with someone using him and he didnt take a single bit of damage the entire mission until he hit himself with an explosive arrow. Now I know Rhino is a tank but thats too much if he is going into crowds of 6-8 enemies and not taking damage even to his shield.

The damage absorption of Iron Skin is a static value, making it powerful at low levels but not nearly as effective at higher levels. Half a second of incoming fire from a level 100 gunner will strip IS right off, meaning CC or damage reduction would be much more effective. Trinity can easily reach 75% with Link, and if you use Blessing as well at low health you can reach 95-100% damage reduction - much more effective than an extra layer of shields at higher levels.

I use Trinity all the time. She does lack a really good AOE and needs teammates and good weapons to back her up, but she's amazing.

I use Energy Vamp to give the entire team a steady stream of energy that never runs out so they can spam their "press 4 to win" abilities. And then I'll tank a ton of damage with Link. Not to mention that Energy Vamp is a constant stun while it's active. And then I spam Blessing to heal anyone.

The only time I've gone down is when my Link ran out while in the middle of a mob and I wasn't fast enough on the Blessing (i.e. I played it badly).

And with Energy Vamp, she becomes one of the most viable Melee Channeling frames (and your whole team) in the game.

My Suicide Trinity can go 40 minutes solo in T4 survival before I extract because of geting too nervous I'm gonna run into a shock eximus followed by a handful of heavy gunners and get killed in under half a sec.

I haven't tried it but I've always assumed if you had 4 players with Corrosive Projection Aura to get that -100% enemy armor, the WoL + EV combo would still effectively wipe everything out.

no one said bring it back the way it was which you well know because you read the thread long enough to read my reply but you posted that nonsenical reply to something no one ever said

Nonsensical reply to something that nobody ever said? Seriously? My reply was to your post about Trinity not being used much anymore. The reason most (Most, not all) people stopped using Trinity was because their precious permainvincibility was removed. This makes other frames with some form of invulnerability more attractive for them to play as. How is that nonsensical?

Hint: It isn't.

Also, I never said anything along the lines of "if the customers dont like the changes they can suck it". I clearly said that if people are mad because they can't be permanently invincible in missions anymore, they can suck it. There is a distinct difference there. I also never said that anyone said to bring Blessing back to the way it was.

Just to finish off my topic I rebuilt trinity and am now the tank dps and healer of the group ;) I only die if I stop paying attention. A little home brewed mix of mods. Im happy with my new build when complimented by a frost for defense missions. Trinity Master Race Forever

Even though on the whole Trinity is weaker than before, I enjoy her much much more in her current state. Here's why:

1) (Nearly) permanent invincibility wasn't fun or challenging

2) Energy Vampire is finally well designed. Allies prematurely killing vamped enemies is no longer problematic and increased duration is no longer a penalty.

3) The difficulty of standard content has increased, primarily in the form of T4s and Eximus enemies. Generally speaking the harder the difficulty the more useful Trinity is (until you reach the extreme difficulty of lengthy survival/defense/interception).

4) Melee has been buffed and melee channeling added. Link and Energy Vampire make Trinity well suited to take advantage of this.

5) Kubrow have been added and can be healed with Blessing. Nothing too huge here, but I do appreciate it.

The one buff I'd like to see to Trinity is the ability to recast Blessing while it is active, so Trinity can always be ready to heal assuming she has the energy. Note that when recast the new damage reduction % would override the old one.