Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea: Donate Doge To Dojo

Cpl_Facehugger

Right now, one of the biggest problems with Kubrows as a concept is the fact that we're supposed to breed them to get the perfect Kubrow we want, pokemon style. Now, this in itself isn't automatically a bad thing, but it is when there is no way to actually dispose of the unwanted Kubrows produced from this system. It means we have to spend more plat on slots for something we don't want. I have two Sahasa doges and I really only want one, but I can't get rid of the second one. And since I want one of each breed of doge, I'm going to end up with a lot of spares. I'll also have to spend exorbitant amounts of plat on slots since, unlike with Sentinels, Warframes, or Weapons, I can't sell the spare doge to open up room.

The problem with that is that such a system actively discourages me from breeding doges to begin with because I think "Why should I waste plat on a doge slot that I might not want and literally gives me nothing since I already have that breed maxed out?" Like I've said elsewhere, when I spend plat, it's generally to *avoid* RNG hassles. It's very demoralizing and makes me not want to bother with the entire Kubrow system at all from the sheer user/customer unfriendliness.

But there is a solution. For awhile now we've had the opportunity to donate spare Tenno Spectres to our clan/alliance for rail defense. Let us do the same for our Kubrows. Let us donate the spare doge to our dojo for rail defense so we don't have to waste a slot. This way, we have another neat new way to influence Dark Sector PvP and we no longer have spare unwanted doges in cryosleep.

For people who aren't in a clan, we could simply allow players to hand them off to the Lotus or something.

We need to do something to get rid of all these spare doges though.

Thoughts, Tenno?

I was suggesting this idea in a couple of threads relating to the disposal of unwanted Kubrows, so I'll give you my +1

Although donating the Kubrows to the lotus just gives a silly mental image of the lotus being dragged by 100+ Kubrows as she tries to walk them.

Edited by Kestral9999

I was suggesting this idea in a couple of threads relating to the disposal of unwanted Kubrows, so I'll give you my +1

Although donating the Kubrows to the lotus just gives a silly mental image of the lotus being dragged by 100+ Kubrows as she tries to walk them.

Well, yeah, I'm just trying to think of something that the clanless can do because they deserve to not have their doge breeding experience gimped by not being able to ditch spares too.

I think that was the point of the Genetic slab things so you can get what you want quick.

Yeah, but the templates appear to be random as to what breed you get; they just apply to fur pattern, body type, and color as far as anyone can tell. You're still going to be breeding a bunch of doges to get the four breeds due to RNG, and if you're not spending lots of plat on templates (I've seen templates going for high three digit plat figures in trading!), you need a *lot* of doges to potentially get the look you want.

The whole system has serious issues, but the biggest one IMO is the inability to get rid of excess doges.

Well, yeah, I'm just trying to think of something that the clanless can do because they deserve to not have their doge breeding experience gimped by not being able to ditch spares too.

A. The Clanless, I don't know why but I love that name. I might make a clan called The Clanless (ya know, for irony's sake)

B. I'll never understand why people refuse to join clans when they're usually so open to new players (with the exception of only a couple I've encountered)