Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sectors Need More Incentive

DirtyIrishman

Most of the Dark Sector Conflicts I have seen weren't offering any battle pay, or if they were it was fairly little. Mod drops seem super rare (which isn't terrible since they're all rare mods anyways), however if your team loses you don't get to keep any of the mods you picked up (if this is a bug please tell me because this has happened to me twice). You don't gain experience for doing this (which is also somewhat fine since you shouldn't be leveling stuff while doing PvP), and if no mods drop and there is no battle pay being offered there is no reward for this.

There's no rank system so you're not progressing in anything, no leaderboard so you can't see how many kills or wins or whatever you have. Currently there is just too little incentive to make these worth doing more than a few times before the novelty of them wears off. I've been trying to get the Nikana Stance mod that drops off the Tenno Specters and even that is proving unworth the effort, I've had it drop twice and both times I lost it because our team lost.

At the very least we should be able to keep the mods we pickup even if we lose, and there should be more mods added that can only be obtained in Dark Sector PvP to create an incentive for people to participate.

They really shouldn't, Warframe is the kind of game where no matter what you're op. Putting specials items behind pvp walls would be a big middle finger to people that can't pvp for whatever reason. I've played tons of games that did this and I ended up leaving because I couldn't get the upper gear to continue

I have to disagree.

Look at games such as counterstrike and gears of war 1. There is no motivations like leader boards or leveling up. Yet people still play these games. Because they are fun.

The problem with MP games nowadays is that devs just focus on "the things you earn" rather than the experience itself. Halo 1 and Unreal Tournament 1999 have no ranks/rewards yet I still play those games and hundreds of servers are still up. As long as the game is fun and fair and requires a fair amount of skill, people will keep playing.

DE dont make another call of duty (anything after COD 4) or halo 4 or gears judgement. Those games suck and have boring multiplayer experiences. They don't ask of your skill nor do they engage you, it's just a mindless interaction where you pew pew and get points "yay". That seems to be the only damn thing that devs care about is getting points WHAT HAPPENED TO THE EXPERIENCE!

A ranking system should only be in place to separate people by their skill level. Thats how it should work

Edited by NudistBeach

They already have one mod only obtainable in PvP, Decisive Judgement (Nikana Stance I've been trying to get) only drops from Tenno Specters. Honestly, if it weren't even for that Mod drop I wouldn't even be doing Dark Sectors, which is kind of sad and why I recommend more incentives. Adding Mods that only work in Dark Sectors is almost pointless since you barely get access to any of your mods in a match anyways.

They already have one mod only obtainable in PvP, Decisive Judgement (Nikana Stance I've been trying to get) only drops from Tenno Specters. Honestly, if it weren't even for that Mod drop I wouldn't even be doing Dark Sectors, which is kind of sad and why I recommend more incentives. Adding Mods that only work in Dark Sectors is almost pointless since you barely get access to any of your mods in a match anyways.

Rewards ruin Mp games because if there are no rewards left you get bored instantly. They need to make it so that darksectors are fun and will remain fun.

Edited by NudistBeach