Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Customizeable Player Ships? Movement?

cesmode

Hi, I haven't been keeping up with the live streams but does DE have any plans to make the player ships customizeable similar to player housing?  Also, do you think we will ever be able to fly our ships around?

Yep preview given too, probably sometime around 14.5 I'd say

No flying the ships, DE already said no vehicles because it just doesn't fit the game and to a certain degree I agree with them however I would love to see dynamic escapes where we extract with some other humans and the ship being shot at etc :D

I have just about as much information as you do, but I have a feeling the only way customizable ships will come around is if there is a way for other people to see it too, otherwise if you're the only one looking at it, what other point is there than satisfying your own need? It's like building something awesome in a Single Player Minecraft world when you know no one else is going to be able to see it in 'person'.

As for moving ships, unless if they're planning on adding some kind of ship combat gameplay, I don't really think there's a need to be able to fly your ship, especially because it seems that you just tell Ordis where you want to go and it takes care of it for you.

Edited by Nethaufer

I have just about as much information as you do, but I have a feeling the only way customizable ships will come around is if there is a way for other people to see it too, otherwise if you're the only one looking at it, what other point is there than satisfying your own need? It's like building something awesome in a Single Player Minecraft world when you know no one else is going to be able to see it in 'person'.

As for moving ships, unless if they're planning on adding some kind of ship combat gameplay, I don't really think there's a need to be able to fly your ship, especially because it seems that you just tell Ordis where you want to go and it takes care of it for you.

I think that's the entire point of cosmetics XD

Pretty much what Vaughn says. Though for arguments sake, showing off is ultimately something you do for yourself to :P

Idc if no one else sees it, let me customize my ship. 

But yes, it was teased in a Devstream. 

Possibly make it to where the loadscreen with your fellow Tenno inbound to a planet shows the customizations on your ship. 

Also, I wouldn't mind being able to aimlessly fly my ship around. It would be for pure vanity. 

Edited by Rexlars

I can not remember the stream, but I believe they said the Liset itself would not be customizable much, because it's an insert and extract ship. However, it would eventually attach itself to a bigger version and that one will be able to expand in a similar manner we can with the Dojo (add rooms and stuff).

I do not know if anyone else remember this and can confirm it.

Edited by Theodorick

I just want to throw some pillows and curtains and maybe some holo-candles and incense. You know, make it more homely.

Inara had a small shuttle and it looked fantastic, I want something like that :V

You will be able to chance the color on the outside of your ship, inside I have no idea if we will be able but I would want that. Have a Fluffy pink fur decoration in ship doesn't sound so bad XD

I've actually had a purple ship exterior a couple of times, dunno what glitch causes it.

Yep preview given too, probably sometime around 14.5 I'd say

No flying the ships, DE already said no vehicles because it just doesn't fit the game and to a certain degree I agree with them however I would love to see dynamic escapes where we extract with some other humans and the ship being shot at etc :D

This makes no sense to me.  No vehicles because it doesnt fit with the game.  

Im not talking about...traveling from planet to planet and disembarking for an away mission on Mars or something.  Im simply talking about flying around the different systems for the vistas, the views.  Something to do while you wait for your clanmates to get online for a run.  Other people don't need to see your ship, persay...it would just be neat to fly in and around the rings of Saturn, for example...and it would be even awsomer if that flight was from within the view of your cockpit, not a third person view.

This makes no sense to me.  No vehicles because it doesnt fit with the game.  

Im not talking about...traveling from planet to planet and disembarking for an away mission on Mars or something.  Im simply talking about flying around the different systems for the vistas, the views.  Something to do while you wait for your clanmates to get online for a run.  Other people don't need to see your ship, persay...it would just be neat to fly in and around the rings of Saturn, for example...and it would be even awsomer if that flight was from within the view of your cockpit, not a third person view.

Seems like a bit of unnecessary work for now as right now there are lots of things to add and fix :/

However I did mention in a previous post that a simple "Travel Here" button would be cool, so you can do that to view different planets and stuff whilst the lobbies and other things are getting managed

Seems like a bit of unnecessary work for now as right now there are lots of things to add and fix :/

However I did mention in a previous post that a simple "Travel Here" button would be cool, so you can do that to view different planets and stuff whilst the lobbies and other things are getting managed

@ your first sentence: True, but then again there have always been things to fix.  DE keeps adding to that.  They don't ever stop with warframes, primes, and weapons to fix bugs and balance.  They need to stop this behavior.  Until then, since they seem to feel that more is better, just add this into the list of things to do.  You gave us a ship.  Why?  

@ your first sentence: True, but then again there have always been things to fix.  DE keeps adding to that.  They don't ever stop with warframes, primes, and weapons to fix bugs and balance.  They need to stop this behavior.  Until then, since they seem to feel that more is better, just add this into the list of things to do.  You gave us a ship.  Why?  

Yeah but separate people have separate roles when it comes to developing, which means that it will be very hard to focus on fixing bugs only. Every major update comes with 100 fixes and they are getting better at removing bugs, patience is virtue

Different dev teams ya know. That said, I don't really know about being able to fly the ships. It would be cool to have more interaction in the ship though.

Also, I wouldn't mind being able to aimlessly fly my ship around. It would be for pure vanity. 

This.  They've done a amazing job on the visuals.  Looking out into space and at the planets is amazing, I would fly around for the hell of it even if I just looped and could never actually get anywhere.  +1000 if I could actually LS my way to the planets manually, though.