Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hammer Shot - How Hard Is To Get?

(PSN)lucianoip

Question

11 answers to this question

Hello,

Well, I am a PC-player, but I assume the drop rates and locations of Hammer Shot are the same for us both.

Hammer Shot drops only from Nightmare missions. I've never heard / noticed any significant drop rate difference between which planet or mission I pick - so long as it's Nightmare.

Tips:

-
Farm using Rhino / Valkyr or Loki / Ash
[size=3]
(Loki / Ash invisibility for quickly bypassing enemies on Sabotage + Capture - Rhino / Valkyr if you find yourself dying a lot)
[/size].

-
Try to stick to easy mission types
, such as Sabotage, Capture, or Exterminate.

-
Fight the easier faction
: Grineer / Corpus [size=3]
(I prefer fighting Corpus, because their laser weapons are slower and more-easily dodged)
[/size].

-
Solo is often easier and faster
- if you can handle Solo, that's what I'd recommend.

-
The easiest
Nightmare
are
: Timer or Health Vampire.

-
Quit and reset the level
if you get the harder challenges - No Shields or Energy Vampire.

-
Try farming the low level planets
[size=3]
(Venus, etc)
[/size] for
Nightmare
missions - these usually have fewer enemy types to deal with.

Hammer Shot is only given as an end-of-mission reward [size=3](it does not 'drop' from enemies)[/size]... so whichever mission type you can beat most quickly is probably your best bet for farming.

Good luck!

Edited by Talaiar

Tks a lot for the tip...i still dont have ash or loki for stealth runs...still trying to progress through the solar system to the right planets to farm for them

Right now i can do mostly exterminate missions with vectis (die sometimes), so it takes some time...

I guess i am just unlucky for now

Edit- i'll use it with vectis and amprex

Edited by (PS4)lucianoip

Tks a lot for the tip...i still dont have ash or loki for stealth runs...still trying to progress through the solar system to the right planets to farm for them

Right now i can do mostly exterminate missions with vectis (die sometimes), so it takes some time...

Vectis is one of my favourite guns, but one of the faster-killing weapons may help speed up the process - Soma / Penta / Phage, etc.

There's always Trade Chat as well, by the way. Even though Hammer Shot is exceedingly rare, I always seem to see players claiming it's only worth 5-10p [size=3](it is, oddly, one of the most misunderstood mods, price-wise)[/size]. I've bought them for around that, and sold them for 15-25p without any fuss... so clearly they are undervaluing poor Hammer Shot.

Hammer Shot is quite rare, but you'll eventually get it!
Edited by Talaiar

Edit- i'll use it with vectis and amprex

Yeah, I asked cause it may not be worth the effort if you have other usable mod's maxed already :D.

Funny things happen with crit weapons, tons of mods scale well with it.  Twas just a thought I had. Still nice to complete the set for sure though. GL in your hunting.