Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player Experience And A Daily Quest System

LordMidnightX

I have seen some different topics on this and I thought of something that might help. Anyone once new players get past venus often they will run into a wall of mission that no one is playing and are to high for them to solo.

at this point they have a couple options, ask for help in region, recruiting, or clan. They can quit and try again later and hope someone else joins, or they can go back to the popular endless missions on venus and mercury and grind until they can solo the next set of missions. 

I think this is a real problem because this is a co-op game and they can't find anyone to play with. Also it is kinda sad that over half the mission on the star chart get played only once by many players.

anyway to the fix for this

once you finish all the nodes of a planet (after venus at least) You start receiving inboxed daily quests.

aka Sargus Ruk is being annoying go clear all the nodes of saturn and when you do you get 10 orokin cells and 50k credits

The daily quests will pick a random planet from the ones you have totally unlocked and give rewards based on how many nodes a planet has and the level of the planet. They can hide some more lore in the quests and we automatically get tricked into helping new players clear the nodes. It will also be an alternate way to credit farm and resource farm.  

That Ruk thing. Makes no sense since he's the boss there. So finish all nodes and kill Sargas Ruk for a reward from Sargas Ruk.

Edit: it would give an incentive for people to clear nodes besides the small amount of affinity

Edited by izzatuw

I like this idea a lot, but I will say that some of the planets have too many nodes to really do all of them.  Maybe a rotating selection of 5-8 nodes every day and the boss?

That Ruk thing. Makes no sense since he's the boss there. So finish all nodes and kill Sargas Ruk for a reward from Sargas Ruk.

It actually makes perfect sense - Ruk wouldn't be giving us the reward - it would come in the mail from Lotus, like the invasion/event rewards.

So basically you just described the current alert system.

it is not an alert (an alert is one node that gives one reward) this is a quest that gives you a large reward for completing ALL the nodes on a planet.

Edit: it would give an incentive for people to clear nodes besides the small amount of affinity

Ruk controls all of saturn so first you mess with his operations then you go kill him

It takes a lot of work to make these quests, ya know. And I would rather them finish the game before doing anything that lore-intensive.

did you even read, all the stuff is in place for this they send you an inbox from the lotus (not hard to do they just type up a little thing about the boss being a problem and list the reward you get) then you go clear all the nodes and receive the reward for job well done. It would take some extra code to keep track that you did all the nodes and put a marker over the nodes to show which ones you need to do, but I can't imagine it taking to much. 

As for finish the game then add lore? the lore is part of the game not something you tack on after finishing the game anyway I said maybe drop hints at lore in these which means maybe have some boss taunts while you are doing the mission. This is also already in place.

If you can think of something i am missing please enlighten me. 

I like this idea a lot, but I will say that some of the planets have too many nodes to really do all of them.  Maybe a rotating selection of 5-8 nodes every day and the boss?

true I thought of that. Clearing the whole planet would also encourage you to speed past it even more which would also defeat some of the purpose of helping new players clear it (leave them behind to die and such= bad impression) So 5-8 nodes picked at random or rotated would work great. 

I agree, there really needs to be more incentive for players to go back and play each node. I've been playing since U4 and there are still a number of nodes I've not completed, mainly because I'm too lazy to do them on my own and there is really no incentive for me to complete the map. But whether its Pluto or Venus, most nodes, except for bosses and Dark Sectors, are not played unless there is an alert on them; which I believe now does not unlock the node. Which means unless you happen to get lucky enough to be progressing through the game at the same pace as another new player, you're pretty much stuck advancing through most of the star chart alone. 

I agree that daily missions, similar to what OP proposed, would go a long way in giving players incentive to replay normal mission nodes. They would have to be something more than alerts, since basic credit alerts don't draw much attention. Therefore, a sting of missions, with greater rewards, 30k+ credits, rare resources, perhaps frame or weapon parts, etc. would give players a reason to complete a string of normal missions, along side newer players that may or may not be going for the quest.

Good idea, OP. Hope someone at DE is listening.

I like the idea. And I think quests might actually work similar to this.

Steve said they have built the Quest-framework now. That was the big deal.

The whole point of the Quests is to avoid massive Events.

So untill we get a Quest, lets just reserve judgement on the workload, shall we?

It actually makes perfect sense - Ruk wouldn't be giving us the reward - it would come in the mail from Lotus, like the invasion/event rewards.

I accidentally read it as "Sargas Ruk is being annoyed" ^.^ My bad

I see, in order to get more quests you have to finish all the missions on each planet. Therefore once every mission is done we'll receive a note of warning when we obtained a quest. I think I get it now. Or am I wrong about something? It's just I want to be sure I got everything.