Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Imprint Scam

ReiganCross

Ok, i somehow managed to get a Kubrow full white with a Lotus symbol on the face with a decent build. The Imprint itself was over-priced by the way, but that isn't DE's fault, that the fault of this playerbase that i hate so much.

Anyways, i combined that imprint with the imprint of a black Kubrow with blond strippes all over his body. This one slightly less over-priced because the guy i bought it from didn't knew that some loser out there would actually shell out 80p for a Kubrow Imprint (Seriously guys, i'v seen people asking for 200p for an Imprint... Some just straight offer 100p for any imprint with the lotus symbol... This is ludicrous)

But that ain't the worst part... What i got out of this is a completely featureless Kubrow. The RNG scrambler somehow managed to choose only the most boring features of both the Imprints i threw at him. And considering that he'd either have a stripped face or a lotus face then i don't know how the game somehow managed to screw me with a completely non-featured face.

Now, i know that this is kind of premature since i'v only seen the puppy so far and maybe i'll only be able to see the Lotus Symbol once the adult form comes around (Although it's only by this time that i'll see the build of the Kubrow and might, again, be completely screwed again.) But the fact that i cannot see any realistic sort of feature right now?... That's already enough for me to feel scammed out of the thing...

And no, i'm not doing this as feedback, DE is very familiar with frustrating us with RNG in order to get more Plat out of us so it's pretty much pointless to throw this at them as feedback. Who i'm telling that to is to you, dreadful playerbase, that spend so much on goddamn Kubrow Prints.

The whole Imprinting thing is made of bullS#&$, this game will always somehow find a way to screw you over. That is all.

The Imprint system is very random, you can never really count on it.

On other note, the whole 'scrambler' system is now being revised so I don't understand the rush of people like you to buy overpriced fur while in a few weeks people might sell it for 10pl with the scrambler 'fixed'...

the "design" doesn't show on puppy. All puppies are white.

My last puppy was an overly skinny brow spotted kubrow with some back on his face. You could see those features straight on the puppy. I don't know about the Lotus Stamp, but as far as the fur goes, i'm plenty sure it will be featureless with only enough spots to not be a pristine white (And somehow both those imprints had NO spots on them, how the hell did he ended up with spots?!)

Not true Ketec look at mine.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/577902802993435911/2457B5D25E16AF92CD082B2FE04F0DA655D817F0/

Also RNG is RNG and you chose to pay the plat even if you think it was over priced. Sorry you weren't lucky with your pup but that's just how it is. Also if you've been playing Warframe for at least one update, you'd know that everything drops in price after the hype level goes down. So in a way it is your fault for paying the amount of plat you did to whoever sold it to you.

There are 2 bad parts about this... Number one, i can't trash this Kubrow at all. There is no way to get rid of Kubrows so if you have a really ugly piece of Kubrow then you're stuck with it.

And the second one will be having to deal with all the timers to hatch another one that might actually have some goddamn features on it without being the most boring dog on the planet. And THOSE things, THOSE i can blame on DE squarely on their self-serving audience-screwing foreheads!

There are 2 bad parts about this... Number one, i can't trash this Kubrow at all. There is no way to get rid of Kubrows so if you have a really ugly piece of Kubrow then you're stuck with it.

And the second one will be having to deal with all the timers to hatch another one that might actually have some goddamn features on it without being the most boring dog on the planet. And THOSE things, THOSE i can blame on DE squarely on their self-serving audience-screwing foreheads!

why don't you just wait for its DNA integrity hit zero?

why don't you just wait for its DNA integrity hit zero?

Does absolutely nothing, it will just hit 0 and sit there eating S#&$ while occupying one of your Stasis Slots like a turd you can't clean. Not only that, it doesn't decay unless you have it selected, eating even MORE GODDAMN TIME so i won't even try to actually do it.

I agree with you on getting rid of Kubrows and yes some things need tweaking, like maybe maturity being 24 hours instead of 48, but overall DE has been more then fair with us and is constantly tweaking U14 to our feedback. Instead of being negative and stupidly complaining about this topic, go to the feedback forum and try to be helpful.

I agree with you on getting rid of Kubrows and yes some things need tweaking, like maybe maturity being 24 hours instead of 48, but overall DE has been more then fair with us and is constantly tweaking U14 to our feedback. Instead of being negative and stupidly complaining about this topic, go to the feedback forum and try to be helpful.

"fair" is far from the word i'd use for describing anything involving the Kubrow... I gave DE the benefit of the doubt, i did the whole "breeding" thing as actual dog breeding, that's why i decided to purchase expensive Imprints in the chance of at least ONE THING to come out.

I was completely shafted by DE after the faith i put in them. And i can't even do anything similar to them...

Actually that's completely logical. You Kubrow miraculously happened to get the recessive genes of both Kubrows. It sucks but hey, blame the Punnette Square..

They said "Recessive Genes" weren't going to be a thing anymore! And i don't think DE are about to even frigging apologize, and even if they do i'll STILL have to deal with this failure and just be SOL.

I may experiment a little bit around with that imprinting bullcrap to help out some of my friends... if they are looking for a particular trait and in case I'm lucky enough to get some of them...

But I'll probably only be doing that once DE fixes most of the too random stuff happening. It's mostly useless currently because even if you're using imprints you still get way too random sh*t going on as far as I've read on the forums and various other places.

The slogan of "design the Kubrow of your dreams" is pretty much a load of bullsh*t because of the random factors involved even in imprinting and that there's no official spreadsheet on what exactly happens if you take the imprints of specific Kubrows and what happens if you mix them together and whatnot. Currently it's like a mad science experiment and as if you've to study genetics to know what's going on. No one really knows all the details. They should have explained the mechanic in-depth within the codex or release a guideline with examples on the Forum.

So I'll probably rank my Kubrows to 30, then wait for DE to fix the DNA Imprinting a little bit to deliver more reliable/predictable results, then scan my Kubrows for the imprints, give them to my friends (if I got what they need) and then wait for DE to implement a Quest to release it to the wild and put it into the fridge until then. I've no intention on playing Warframe Tamagotchi anyways. :s

I dont even care about Kubrow looks, as i am going to use them only for mastery. Sentinels master race.

My thought.

#CarrierMasterRace

Edited by MeduSalem

That's the whole point of this post!

Yeah. maybe if they can guarantee that my Kubrow won't get to look like S#&$ if i use some awesome Kubrow Imprints i'll bother with the whole Kubrow thing again, but until that point arrives probably sometime around U16, THEN we should bother with this whole Scam.

Until then, Kubrow Imprinting is just that, a damn Scam!

Edited by ReiganCross

Ok, i somehow managed to get a Kubrow full white with a Lotus symbol on the face with a decent build. The Imprint itself was over-priced by the way, but that isn't DE's fault, that the fault of this playerbase that i hate so much.

Anyways, i combined that imprint with the imprint of a black Kubrow with blond strippes all over his body. This one slightly less over-priced because the guy i bought it from didn't knew that some loser out there would actually shell out 80p for a Kubrow Imprint (Seriously guys, i'v seen people asking for 200p for an Imprint... Some just straight offer 100p for any imprint with the lotus symbol... This is ludicrous)

But that ain't the worst part... What i got out of this is a completely featureless Kubrow. The RNG scrambler somehow managed to choose only the most boring features of both the Imprints i threw at him. And considering that he'd either have a stripped face or a lotus face then i don't know how the game somehow managed to screw me with a completely non-featured face.

Now, i know that this is kind of premature since i'v only seen the puppy so far and maybe i'll only be able to see the Lotus Symbol once the adult form comes around (Although it's only by this time that i'll see the build of the Kubrow and might, again, be completely screwed again.) But the fact that i cannot see any realistic sort of feature right now?... That's already enough for me to feel scammed out of the thing...

And no, i'm not doing this as feedback, DE is very familiar with frustrating us with RNG in order to get more Plat out of us so it's pretty much pointless to throw this at them as feedback. Who i'm telling that to is to you, dreadful playerbase, that spend so much on goddamn Kubrow Prints.

The whole Imprinting thing is made of bullS#&$, this game will always somehow find a way to screw you over. That is all.

In all honesty mate first off your post comes across about how upset you are about spending plat and not getting what you want really. Going on a rant about how much you spent then saying you hate the playerbase.....wtf? If you didn't wanna spend the plat don't spend it, or if its overpriced don't buy it? Its simple! Ultimately its your choice if you purchase it off another player or not, don't come on the forums complaining about it the playerbase when it was YOUR choice. Like was previously said the pricing will come down in time. Taking your frustration out on us and DE isn't exactly going to solve anything.

We all know its RNG based, second of all they took the DNA scramblers out for now (perhaps because its broken or needs work) which should illude you to the fact that maybe the DNA system/combining system needs some work done on it (we're still new into the U14 update there's alot to be tweaked). Alternatively what you could have done was wait a while after the update and all the various hotfixes straight up then try and combine the two later down the track (being that you paid so much for them).

You should post your concerns in the feedback section purely asking about the combining system to perhaps get some feedback on how it works? It might help in the future with your Kubrow combining and even see some tweaking of the system overall? We are beta testers after all.

In all honesty mate first off your post comes across about how upset you are about spending plat and not getting what you want really.

That is entirely the reason i started this, i make no secret of that. Yes i am very upset that i'v spent around 80 plat total and a whole day of finding nice Prints to come off with an utterly S#&$ty Kubrow i'm basically bound to (because starving it to death takes too @(*()$ long for it to be viable.)

Going on a rant about how much you spent then saying you hate the playerbase.....wtf? If you didn't wanna spend the plat don't spend it, or if its overpriced don't buy it? Its simple! Ultimately its your choice if you purchase it off another player or not, don't come on the forums complaining about it the playerbase when it was YOUR choice. Like was previously said the pricing will come down in time. Taking your frustration out on us and DE isn't exactly going to solve anything.

Calling caviat emptor or however that expression goes is pretty useless on today's market. We're talking about a market made on the internet, it's full of bastards waiting to exploit you at every turn without the slightest fear of punishment . So yes, i will reserve the right to hate the playerbase as much as i damn well please. (For the record though, i hate any playerbase that is based on the internet, so don't take it personally.)

We all know its RNG based, second of all they took the DNA scramblers out for now (perhaps because its broken or needs work) which should illude you to the fact that maybe the DNA system/combining system needs some work done on it (we're still new into the U14 update there's alot to be tweaked). Alternatively what you could have done was wait a while after the update and all the various hotfixes straight up then try and combine the two later down the track (being that you paid so much for them).

DE took the scrambler down because there was a 58~ page topic about it being the thing that would set DE closer to PWE business practices and generated a backlash so huge in the playerbase that we collectively raged at DE so hard they couldn't simply do the standard process of saying "we'll look at it." and then just hope we'd forget about it. It ISN'T because the DNA combining system was bugged (Although i would believe them if they say it was. Even if i'm not entirely sure if believing DE on anything is a good idea.)

And i entirely agree that i should have waited, but now i'm pretty much FORCED to wait until this damn bland kubrow dies so i can have access to the Stasis slot again to try running another Kubrow and maybe the next one won't be as bland as this one, an entirely even MORE enraging possibility.

There's also the deal that you can only acquire Kubrow Prints from other players rather then actively farm for a good pattern, making you need to interact with again with this playerbase that i'v already stated my thoughts about.

You should post your concerns in the feedback section purely asking about the combining system to perhaps get some feedback on how it works? It might help in the future with your Kubrow combining and even see some tweaking of the system overall? We are beta testers after all.

Not only do i not believe in the process of Feedback as soon as Steve openly dismissed the biggest feedback we threw at him live on a Devstream by completely dodging the actual issue of Mod 2.0, i also believe that DE doesn't care at all either i got screwed by RNG or not, so there is absolutely nothing to Feedback. DE is happy that i'm unsatisfied  with something, that's their job, it's their design to create a dissatisfaction that can be solves trough a purchase, that is the crux of Free to Play model. Yes i resent them for it, but i'm entirely aware that this is precisely what they want for their business, so i'm doing this post for the player interested in doing what i did, not to let DE know. DE knows, DE just doesn't cares.

Edited by ReiganCross

It's funny how you spend money on shortcuts to get something that's free. Then when it backfires on you you cry about it. Sounds like someone needs a warm bottle, and a diaper change. I've had offers from people to buy mine. They asked me stuff about it, but I didn't answer. They then said they were going to add me so they could get the genes. They did. But I'm going to decline. You want a good looking Kubrow?, then make it yourselves. Don't be stupid like some people here and pay way too much actual money when you could get it for free. Don't be so lazy like this guy >>>the OP.

Edited by IIPREDATORII