Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Imprint Scam

ReiganCross

It's funny how you spend money on shortcuts to get something that's free. Then when it backfires on you you cry about it. Sounds like someone needs a warm bottle, and a diaper change. I've had offers from people to buy mine. They asked me stuff about it, but I didn't answer. They then said they were going to add me so they could get the genes. They did. But I'm going to decline. You want a good looking Kubrow?, then make it yourselves. Don't be stupid like some people here and pay way too much actual money when you could get it for free. Don't be so lazy like this guy OP.

That is actually sound advice there... Since the whole Imprinting business is worthless and a scam, actually hatching a fully random egg is infinitely a better idea. (It's only the most time consuming mess DE ever produced.)

Oh, you're a disrespectful bastard but you're entirely correct, the only good way to have a nice Kubrow is by breeding one entirely at random. There is no "money" way of doing it right.

I always enjoy being adressed in the opening lines of a new post as one of those you hate so much..

Hear this?,...Thats the worlds smallest Violin, playing just for you....

Don't care if you liked it, don't want your pity. Just want to warn you that Imprint is a bad idea.

The truth hurts doesn't it OP? You get called out on things like being a baby about this, and how stupid it was to pay way too much for something that's free, and totally randomized.And you call me a disrespectful bastard, and on top of that blame DE, and other Tenno? Whatever. Yes I am actually a bastard, but disrespectful I am not. I'm just telling it like it is. This is a boo hoo thread, nothing more. It's your own fault for wasting your money on something free, and new to all of us. Also it's your own fault for wasting money on something that obviously isn't finished.

Man. I'm going to laugh my arse off when I see a post about you letting your pricey kubrow get killed. Better keep a keen eye on your pooch. Hahaha.

As a reference for the future, to the OP and everyone else, don't spend money on stuff that is known to be buggy and random just wait until it's sorted out, and I might feel sorry for the people who did get robbed of their plat because of how the imprints work if it weren't for the fact that imprints are pretty much something for vanity. If you want to spend money on something that is for looks reconsider  doing it unless it's guaranteed to get what you want or if your willing to go home broke.

I got ahold of 2 large Raska imprints, one was white and the other was a huge mish mash of brown dark brown ect, you think i would at least get 1 spot BUT NOPE, FULL WHITE.

I mean comeon, it's not like i spent 30p on that brown one or anything...

I don't think ive ever spent so much plat on anything in this game before, Kubrow are such a scam... :( and i hate to say that

Edited by jennibear

The problem of imprinting currently is that no one is fully sure what the dominant traits are. Which of the traits supercede another one.

Someone of the DE Staff should make a sticky thread with all the traits available and which of them are dominant and which are not. And if some are co-dominant and build a new trait when mixed. Also some examples of breeding results from their side to explain the whole thing would be nice.

People throw Plat into the blender and most of them don't even know what will be the outcome. So in my opinion it's just a lack of official guidelines and explanation to the puppyblender. Without that people will just become angry/disappointed about the results because most of them aren't studied biologists and don't have the time nor resources to do heavy experimenting on a game mechanic when it should be cleary explained how it works.

They also should add written stats to the imprints so you are actually able to read what the traits are without looking at the Kubrow. This is especially needed for trading to prevent people from scaming each other over traits. That way you can review the imprint while trading with a mouse-over. Always demanding pictures to go with an imprint is just a sore and I don't think that people will do that for very long until they start to manipulate the screenshots with photoshop as well to change the Kubrow names and what not.

Like for example:

Kubro Type:
Build:
Pattern:
Color:

and so on.

Edited by MeduSalem

I had a similar thing happen to me. I've been riding the kubrow hype train for awhile  and I spent, well far to much obtaining 2 imprints of big @$$ beefy raksa's with decent color schemes and fur patterns. I throw them both into the machine and the space dog that pops out is medium height instead of tall, with a slim build instead of beefy, and a plain white coat with neither stripes, or matte fur pattern, and to add final insult to injury it wasn't even a raksa.

To anyone who reads this DON"T USE IMPRINTS. PLEASE. save yourself the effort and inevitable frustration with a system that doesn't work as intended or at all as far as I can figure. 

One would assume the Dominant genes that would be kept would be the rare ones right? Hardly makes sense from actual genetics but this is a game about space ninja monsters so whatever. All I know is the rarer something is, the less likely you are to get it, even with the system specifically designed to render that point moot. 

Hopefully whatever they replace the scrambler with allows you to lock certain traits in place or something. I've never been burned so hard by this game so far and I've been playing for a long time now. Here's hoping DE fixes this once they've dealt with all the other game crippling bugs this update has introduced. As it stands I'm so mad I'm just gonna play other stuff for a bit. So if it was their intention to drive people away, well they've unfortunately succeeded. 

Edited by Vyet

the "design" doesn't show on puppy. All puppies are white.

design can show as light colored marks.

if you would care to look closely this image, you can see my puppy's stripes.

1xqayLu.png

One would assume the Dominant genes that would be kept would be the rare ones right? Hardly makes sense from actual genetics but this is a game about space ninja monsters so whatever. All I know is the rarer something is, the less likely you are to get it, even with the system specifically designed to render that point moot. 

that wouldnt make sense at all, but if a kubrow displays a "rare" (recessive gene) the imprint would onyl have that gene and not the dominant, so it wouldnt make sense to use an imprint and get a kubrow without the gene/trait

Edited by Miracl3

Ok, i somehow managed to get a Kubrow full white with a Lotus symbol on the face with a decent build. The Imprint itself was over-priced by the way, but that isn't DE's fault, that the fault of this playerbase that i hate so much.

Actually, it IS DE's fault. Customization is out of the question, everything is RNG. So players are FORCED to milk this system. If they have great looking imprints, they are FORCED to sell it for a lot, so that in the future they can spend that plat and purchase a good looking kubrow's imprint.