Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows Can Die Permanently

FuryEnder

Question

If you use DNA stabilizers and just go ask for a long time, the kubrows can and will die. Here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2b9xhc/will_the_kubrow_die_in_incubator_if_afk/cj3bjrj

Read the first comment, it shows a line from Lotus telling you your pet has died due to a breakdown in its DNA sequence. So yes, that is one way of getting rid of your kubrow. Starve it to death like the heartless killers you are.

Happy Update 14!

The problem with that method is that to starve a Kubrow it will need to be out of Stasis which eats more time...

And what about me wanting to be away for several months until i can play this game while not wanting to maim a dev or two? I'll come back and Lotus will just say that my old Kubrow was dead because i couldn't be asked to Stasis him?

It sounds to me like a feature made ONLY to &!$$ off the playerbase. Want to get actively rid of your Kubrow? Wait for about a week before it starves (And better not swap him during the whole process)... Want to leave the game for a while because you're currently loathing Warframe Dev team? Well, though luck, we've killed your favourite Kubrow (As in, the one you actually used to equip for battle.)

Edited by ReiganCross

I for one am glad I can get rid of them at all, so I can grind the individual classes for MR.

I'll come back and Lotus will just say that my old Kubrow was dead because i couldn't be asked to Stasis him?

Yes, because aside from serving as containers for your inactive Kubrows, that is its main purpose. If you go away for a while, stasis your mutt or face the consequences.

Edited by blackgu4rd

So if im offline the kubrow will keep losing hp?

Yep.  If it's not in stasis, it will lose 20% HP per day.

Leave it alone for a week or so and, apparently, it'll become malnourished and die.

Edited by Katakuna

Yes, because aside from serving as containers for your inactive Kubrows, that is its main purpose. If you go away for a while, stasis your mutt or face the consequences.

That is bullS#&$ design. If i'd put something like that in the game i'd at least put an automatic Stasis lockdown that would give you an 1hr to feed him before it hits -100% and it dies (And give an option when putting him out of that Stasis to just sell him, and he better be able to feed while getting out of stasis)... And offcurse i'd have set a "sell Kubrow" option as well by the point Kubrow becomes a feature!

I had hoped that the whole Kubrow thing would function more like a Sentinel, but they just seem like a total pain in the &#! that'll just die on you forever anyway.

Then you can breed up a new one (yaaay) and maybe never use him at all because he'll just freakin' die.

I love toys I never play with because they're definitely going to break.

That is bullS#&$ design. If i'd put something like that in the game i'd at least put an automatic Stasis lockdown that would give you an 1hr to feed him before it hits -100% and it dies (And give an option when putting him out of that Stasis to just sell him, and he better be able to feed while getting out of stasis)... And offcurse i'd have set a "sell Kubrow" option as well by the point Kubrow becomes a feature!

Whoa there, asterisk-mouth! This is the first iteration of the system, and it will be improved. Go upvote some of the feedback threads that deal with this kind of issues, and maybe comment there as well, as it'll have more visibility than a thread in GD.

honestly i feel like itd be cool if theyd implement this thing someone else suggested it was basically an adoption center for kubrows so if you didnt want you kubrow you could send it up for adoption and people could get one of their own without having to go through the tedious farming for eggs seems like a win/win for me

Edited by Mudkiz

Whoa there, asterisk-mouth! This is the first iteration of the system, and it will be improved. Go upvote some of the feedback threads that deal with this kind of issues, and maybe comment there as well, as it'll have more visibility than a thread in GD.

People have every right to be annoyed by this as Kubrows are not made very wisely. Since day one they had flaws and as time goes by people discover more design flaws about them.

It is like whole bag of bad decisions that is brought upon poor canines.

Since day one they had flaws and as time goes by people discover more design flaws about them.

Meanwhile it's been months and the initial Status mods are still at 2.5%/rank, XP gain got hit with the nerf bat twice, Hall of Mirrors, a 25 power ability is still one of the most OP things in the game an entire week later, PvP has been broken and not fixed/balanced before introducing DS PvP, Acrid is still pitiful - which brings up the discussion of how MR ties to weapon effectiveness, and the list goes on. 

Take a number.

Edited by blackgu4rd

Meanwhile it's been months and the initial Status mods are still at 2.5%/rank, XP gain got hit with the nerf bat twice, Hall of Mirrors,  a 25 power ability is still one of the most OP things in the game an entire week later, PvP has been broken and not fixed/balanced before introducing DS PvP, Acrid is still pitiful - which brings up the discussion of how MR ties to weapon effectiveness, and the list goes on. 

Take a number.

Reason why i am annoyed with this update is all of this. DE will never learn from their previous mistakes and they will just keep adding junk content over more juck content.

I am even willing to bet my precious rank 3 Ammo Drum that we will have another UI rework in a month or two.

People have every right to be annoyed by this as Kubrows are not made very wisely. Since day one they had flaws and as time goes by people discover more design flaws about them.

It is like whole bag of bad decisions that is brought upon poor canines.

It's not bad decision, I suspect DE does this to see how idiotic the player base is and how much S#&$ they can get away with plat spending strategies like the kubrow design.

And DE will fix it when it can be asked...

When they can get their priorities straight. I don't mind new, buggy, somewhat badly design content - it's to be expected. I mind that issues keep piling up with every new update. A lot of what they do seems to lack any kind of foresight, and some ignoring even hindsight.