Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows Can Die Permanently

FuryEnder

Question

If you use DNA stabilizers and just go ask for a long time, the kubrows can and will die. Here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2b9xhc/will_the_kubrow_die_in_incubator_if_afk/cj3bjrj

Read the first comment, it shows a line from Lotus telling you your pet has died due to a breakdown in its DNA sequence. So yes, that is one way of getting rid of your kubrow. Starve it to death like the heartless killers you are.

Happy Update 14!

The worst part is that STEVE complained about being sleepy because of PS4 build...

Steve himself shouldn't be complaining about it, Steve shouldn't be working on it, he shouldn't even be looking at it! I was told that you had hired extra Staff to deal with PS4 and Xbone, that means that you would focus on making this thing on the PC and not re-allocate resources from the PC version (Namely, the original dev of the original game) to work on a damn port!

So not only they won't fix all that because they can't be asked, but the dude spearheading this whole thing is spreading himself across what will amount to 3 Platforms! Not even FF-14 did this, and they're backed by obscene amounts of subscription money!

When they can get their priorities straight. I don't mind new, buggy, somewhat badly design content - it's to be expected. I mind that issues keep piling up with every new update. A lot of what they do seems to lack any kind of foresight, and some ignoring even hindsight. 

You are absolutely right that each update adds more stuff with more problems. I've seen many people say that DE should stop adding content and fix the bugs that have been around since Warframe went open beta. But I'm guessing that doesn't generate the money for DE that new content does ;)

I want to provide non-troll feedback but I honestly don't know what to say.  This thread has confused me a little.

If it's related to kubrows then this thread would be fine, however if it's a bunch of constructive criticism, you're better off making a thread in the feedback category. The devs will look there for feedback before looking in the GD. ;)

honestly i feel like itd be cool if theyd implement this thing someone else suggested it was basically an adoption center for kubrows so if you didnt want you kubrow you could send it up for adoption and people could get one of their own without having to go through the tedious farming for eggs seems like a win/win for me

As long as they can't be renamed so I proliferate a collection of kubrows named after DE staff.

Edited by jawnt

I got better idea, why not make one Dojo room a Kennel? So people can put their unwanted Kubrows there and once placed you cannot take them back. Something like resources.

Now that you mention it, this feels like what Specters should have been in the first place.  Loyal dogs kept by the clan to supplement the mechanical defenses for solar rails.

Pokéball Tenno clones with no apparent mind of their own and nightmarish animal abuse abominations in general are pretty weird though.  I'm beginning to wonder if it all being so off-putting is intentional at this point.

Edited by ArcusVeles

Still have something else to try out but maybe someone else can figure it out ahead of time.  If your kubrow is in stasis during the daily reset, when you pull it out, does it take the dna damage?  So can you avoid it losing health by putting it in stasis every day and pulling it later.  I know that this becomes a ridiculous 3 hour chore every day, but is it possible?

Still have something else to try out but maybe someone else can figure it out ahead of time.  If your kubrow is in stasis during the daily reset, when you pull it out, does it take the dna damage?  So can you avoid it losing health by putting it in stasis every day and pulling it later.  I know that this becomes a ridiculous 3 hour chore every day, but is it possible?

It works if you don't mind putting up with the 3 hour cooldown every day.

I for one am glad I can get rid of them at all, so I can grind the individual classes for MR.

Yes, because aside from serving as containers for your inactive Kubrows, that is its main purpose. If you go away for a while, stasis your mutt or face the consequences.

Then punish the player by making them use the DNA stabilizers to bring it back up to 100%.  Killing off the thing due to situations that might be out of a player's control is a horrible idea and clearly not thought out well.

What if a tornado hits my area and I lose power for a week?  Well gee, my bestest buddy in Warframe that I spent 250K credits on already is dead!  That sure is good game design!  Next time I hear a tornado siren, I'll be sure to log into Warframe to stasis my Kubrow instead of, y'know, getting to shelter.

Edit:Keep in mind I have doubts this is actually a thing and I'm thinking/hoping it's just leftover code from a feature they decided to not implement.

Edited by UFOLoche

Then punish the player by making them use the DNA stabilizers to bring it back up to 100%.  Killing off the thing due to situations that might be out of a player's control is a horrible idea and clearly not thought out well.

What if a tornado hits my area and I lose power for a week?  Well gee, my bestest buddy in Warframe that I spent 250K credits on already is dead!  That sure is good game design!  Next time I hear a tornado siren, I'll be sure to log into Warframe to stasis my Kubrow instead of, y'know, getting to shelter.

As is already stated it is poorly thought out concept.

If had my Kubrow last week when my Motherboard died, i would have been out for 3 days because i was building new PC. And in that time my Kubrow would lose 60 % of health.

Bad concept is bad, no matter how we look at it.

As is already stated it is poorly thought out concept.

If had my Kubrow last week when my Motherboard died, i would have been out for 3 days because i was building new PC. And in that time my Kubrow would lose 60 % of health.

Bad concept is bad, no matter how we look at it.

I agree that it's poorly thought out, but 100K compared to the loss of a pet, grinding, spending another 150K, and then the amount of time to even get another one, I'd rather just take the 100K.

As Jontron would say "Aw, I got stabbed with a sword, but that guy got stabbed with TWO swords, hey, my life's not so bad!"

Everyone is talking about their kubrow dying. It's REALLY SIMPLE to keep them alive. Like EXTREMELY simple. 100k credits every 2 weeks, logging in once every 2 days to heal them or put them in stasis if you wont be playing for a long period of time.

Yes Kubrow have some flaws, but it has nothing to do with DNA stabilizers, more like the fact they are made of glass at low levels and unmodded and the loyalty bar is extremely punishing towards anyone trying to level one.

Everyone is talking about their kubrow dying. It's REALLY SIMPLE to keep them alive. Like EXTREMELY simple. 100k credits every 2 weeks, logging in once every 2 days to heal them or put them in stasis if you wont be playing for a long period of time.

Yes Kubrow have some flaws, but it has nothing to do with DNA stabilizers, more like the fact they are made of glass at low levels and unmodded and the loyalty bar is extremely punishing towards anyone trying to level one.

Problem is that i got two Sahasa Kubrows and i dont want last one to be in my inventory. I want to get rid of it. And i want to know what the fastest way to do so.

Keeping them alive isnt the issue, getting them die is the problem.

The problem with that method is that to starve a Kubrow it will need to be out of Stasis which eats more time...

And what about me wanting to be away for several months until i can play this game while not wanting to maim a dev or two? I'll come back and Lotus will just say that my old Kubrow was dead because i couldn't be asked to Stasis him?

It sounds to me like a feature made ONLY to &!$$ off the playerbase. Want to get actively rid of your Kubrow? Wait for about a week before it starves (And better not swap him during the whole process)... Want to leave the game for a while because you're currently loathing Warframe Dev team? Well, though luck, we've killed your favourite Kubrow (As in, the one you actually used to equip for battle.)

Exactly. I'm heading for vacation in a day and I'll be on and off warframe for a few hours at a time. What if i want to hop on for an hour, but I had put my kubrow in stasis so it wouldn't lose health? What if i go 3 days without playing because I'm tired out from the day's activities, and I come back to play for an hour and my Kubrow is already dead because I didn't put it in statis?

Its utter bullS#&$. Reward the player for logging in, don't punish the player because it doesn't login.

Especially if you Forma-ed and put a Catalyst into that Kubrow, and i don't even know how the hell does that makes sense since the Catalyst and Forma go in the goddamn Colar, the SINGLE colar i have with me... But that's an issue for another topic...

The worst part is that STEVE complained about being sleepy because of PS4 build...

Steve himself shouldn't be complaining about it, Steve shouldn't be working on it, he shouldn't even be looking at it! I was told that you had hired extra Staff to deal with PS4 and Xbone, that means that you would focus on making this thing on the PC and not re-allocate resources from the PC version (Namely, the original dev of the original game) to work on a damn port!

So not only they won't fix all that because they can't be asked, but the dude spearheading this whole thing is spreading himself across what will amount to 3 Platforms! Not even FF-14 did this, and they're backed by obscene amounts of subscription money!

I did notice this, and was slightly upset that he was working on the PS4 build.