Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Must Thank De For Actually Slowly Improving Ai.

Shehriazad

In group play this isn't as apparent, but in U14 I did quite a bit of stuff solo for a while now (Mainly Lephantis and Earth Exterminations) and the game feels far better now.

Consoles being hackable just to reset stages was a first step a while ago... but now? My Sentinel won't go batS#&$ insane on enemies that haven't spotted me...I can actually go and sneak around and my Sentinel will sit in place until I'm actually spotted or attack myself!

Furthermore the enemy is less psychic now. I can actually go from room to room even after being spotted...if no alarm is active(or I slaughtered them before anything could be activated) they will not know that the other rooms have been slaughtered....which before just happened a lot.

If they fight against Kubrows my Sentinel still goes aggressive mode...but the Grineer don't actually spot me unless I get too close and my Sentinel attacks.

And the last thing would be the infested....those silly jumpy guys actually doing a cartwheel as soon as I aim at them crack me up every time.

Thanks DE for not only adding stronger dumb enemies...but actually working on making the AI of things acceptable.

Edited by Shehriazad

I love that Leapers cartwheel now, lol.

I hope that some of the grineer get similar behaviors eventually, especially the melee ones.

Also I've noticed that MOAs have been getting some new animations.

This happened before U14, but I remember at one point an MOA did this sick backflip off of a walkway to get at me faster.

Enemies will still stop shooting and casually jog 5 rooms away to find cover while you are charging them like a bat out of hell; this behaviour frustrates me to no end, what self respecting....anyone really, would turn their backs to an enemy that is right in front of them?

As long as this isn't fixed, the AI is still as S#&$ty as it has been forever.

Enemies will still stop shooting and casually jog 5 rooms away to find cover while you are charging them like a bat out of hell; this behaviour frustrates me to no end, what self respecting....anyone really, would turn their backs to an enemy that is right in front of them?

Replaceable clone soldiers who don't want to be cut down by angry space murderers?

Also, one flaw =/= the whole thing being broken. Overall this update has been a significant improvement to enemy behavior, especially for the infested. 

Replaceable clone soldiers who don't want to be cut down by angry space murderers?

Don't try to justify it, it's really really dumb.

They stop shooting, turn around, and casually jog away, sometimes exiting the room entirely, they don't back away while shooting or actually run/sprint away to cover. No, they turn around, go "hey what's over there?" and completely cavalier go check out whatever it was caught their attention.

I know their AI is telling them to seek cover, but the way they do it, where they want to go to do it, and when they get told to do it is ridiculously stupid.

Don't try to justify it, it's really really dumb.

They stop shooting, turn around, and casually jog away, sometimes exiting the room entirely, they don't back away while shooting or actually run/sprint away to cover. No, they turn around, go "hey what's over there?" and completely cavalier go check out whatever it was caught their attention.

I know their AI is telling them to seek cover, but the way they do it, where they want to go to do it, and when they get told to do it is ridiculously stupid.

Serious question: have you ever played gears of war? Because that was a common AI bug even there. Really, it's something I can overlook considering that multi-million dollar studios can't even get it right, and considering that's a relatively rare occurrence and most enemies are pretty good at getting within murder range. Not to mention heavy units seem to have some excellent new behaviors that distract from derpy grunts. 

The problem is sadly less than rare when you are trying to melee everything, and with auto targeting enabled it's even more of a pain because the game slows your speed down so it can lock you on an enemy, and this speed is pretty much equal to the pace they are running away which makes it impossible to hit them unless you break free of the lock with a slide.

So to paint you a picture, an angry space murderer is hacking away at their back, barely missing them each hit, yet this soldier can't be bothered to either speed the F*** up, dodge or (blind)fire backwards. Oh and even when you do hit them, as long as they don't die they will keep runing, pretending nothing was ever attacking them.
It looks dumb, and feels dumb.

And yes I've played gears, and the problem there was less apparant because of how cover centric that game is and the enemies actually know how to sprint.

They run in circles

They take cover right in front of you facing the wrong way