Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Continuity On Ash?

Zephyrkills

Question

19 answers to this question

Ash's Smokescreen ability isn't really built for durability, only lasting 8 seconds at max rank. Combine that with only a 30% increase and you only have 10.4 seconds of invisibility time, which still isn't much.  Ash's smokescreen is more suited for a disappear and deal heavy damage to nearby enemies, or quickly sneak past a guarded post, not for long periods of You can't see me time, which Loki is more suited for.

It's not affected by duration anymore, as Blade Storm creates clones instead of Ash just flopping onto everyone.

I suggest maxing the mod and getting Intensify [Power Strength] + Stretch [Range] for maximum effectiveness. 

Quick question: Where did you get Blade Storm out of that? The OP was asking about Smokescreen.

*EDIT* Sorry about double post, forgot to edit onto the one above

Edited by Dalimir

actually with Narrow Minded, Continuity, and Constitution you can get a really decent amount for a smoke screen build.

EDIT: and yes-- It isn't affected anymore?  As of U14?- can a PC player confirm?-- actually I have to check now.

Edited by (PS4)Crackle2012

Tested solo

15 sec: Maxed Smoke Screen + Maxed Continuity + Maxed Constitution + rank 8 Narrow Minded + rank 3 Fleeting Expertise

3 sec: Maxed Smoke Screen + Maxed Fleeting Expertise

Pretty sure Smoke Screen is still affected by duration mods.

That's weird Continuity doesn't affect your Smoke Screen, Zephyrkills.

First thing that comes to mind is check if Continuity doesn't affect Smoke Screen no matter whether you're host or client.

Some abilities break in certain ways if you're client.

Edited by Yopee

Tested solo

15 sec: Maxed Smoke Screen + Maxed Continuity + Maxed Constitution + rank 8 Narrow Minded + rank 3 Fleeting Expertise

3 sec: Maxed Smoke Screen + Maxed Fleeting Expertise

Pretty sure Smoke Screen is still affected by duration mods.

That's weird Continuity doesn't affect your Smoke Screen, Zephyrkills.

First thing that comes to mind is check if Continuity doesn't affect Smoke Screen no matter whether you're host or client.

Some abilities break in certain ways if you're client.

I've tried multiple times. It's very weird.

Smoke Screen is affected by Duration, else I won't be able to make my stunlock build one my ash.  But since it is a small increase, it might seem unnoticeable during battle, the 2 seconds are there and may save your life even.

Smoke Screen is affected by Duration, else I won't be able to make my stunlock build one my ash.  But since it is a small increase, it might seem unnoticeable during battle, the 2 seconds are there and may save your life even.

I don't see me making a stunlock build on ash. That's what I'd make on XCal. I really wanted to use Ash's smoke screen as a substitute for Loki's teleport. However my maxed Continuity doesn't affect it.

I really wanted to use Ash's smoke screen as a substitute for Loki's teleport. However my maxed Continuity doesn't affect it.

Okay, it's stupid question time. 

1) Are you talking about Teleport, or Smoke Screen? 'Cause Continuity shouldn't affect Teleport.

2) What are you expecting Continuity to do? It will increase only the duration of the invisibility (number over the symbol in bottom right when you use it). It will not increase the duration or range of the stun/stagger.

So what duration number are you seeing over the ability when you activate it, and are you using Fleeting Expertise?

Okay, it's stupid question time. 

1) Are you talking about Teleport, or Smoke Screen? 'Cause Continuity shouldn't affect Teleport.

2) What are you expecting Continuity to do? It will increase only the duration of the invisibility (number over the symbol in bottom right when you use it). It will not increase the duration or range of the stun/stagger.

So what duration number are you seeing over the ability when you activate it, and are you using Fleeting Expertise?

To answer question #1 I'm talking about smoke screen. To answer #2 I'm expecting my Ash's smoke screen invisibility to last longer since it only lasts 2 seconds.

Edited by Zephyrkills

I'm expecting my Ash's smoke screen invisibility to last longer since it only lasts 2 seconds.

Even without Continuity and maxxed FE it should last at least 3.2 seconds. If you're really getting only 2 seconds out of it, it's broken, and you need to submit a support ticket. Be sure to take a SS of the timer right after you activate the ability and show them (us?) the duration remaining.

Even without Continuity and maxxed FE it should last at least 3.2 seconds. If you're really getting only 2 seconds out of it, it's broken, and you need to submit a support ticket. Be sure to take a SS of the timer right after you activate the ability and show them (us?) the duration remaining.

Only exception I can think of is if your Smoke Screen is unranked, Zephyrkills. Then maybe you don't notice a big difference with and without Continuity or FE.