Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dread And Boltor Prime. Corrosive, Viral And Radiation.

(PSN)Keiji_Haku

Question

So i have two questions. First, i have two forma on my boltor prime and this build here http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Boltor_prime/t_30_24322030_131-1-5-132-3-5-133-2-5-137-0-10-138-6-5-141-5-5-149-7-5-150-4-8_137-7-131-5-133-6-132-8-150-7-141-11-138-6-149-9/en/2-0-44/0 requires 2 more. Now I have been experiencing red crits on my dread and it makes me giggle so i was thinking of using the dread over my boltor prime. Was kinda wondering what others would go with.

Second I don't like corrosive. I don't really want to explain why, but i would like to know if people really use it a lot or if they prefer something else.

to be honest i feel like i would prefer viral or radiation.

....or maybe electricity....love the zap boom.....

Edited by (PS4)Keiji_Haku

11 answers to this question

my favorite Damage Types would be Gas + Electricity. AoE DoT and stuns.

my favorite dream Damage Types would be Gas, Electricity, Toxin, Fire, Ice, and Radiation at the same time though.

but that's never going to happen.

so that puts the higher ups on the list at - Gas, Electricity, Toxin, Ice, I/P/S, Radiation, and Fire. in no particular order.

Gas, Toxin, and Fire because of DoT's, IPS because each type has it's situational usefulness depending on what i need at any given time, Ice because slowing and Icesplosions, and Radiation for Confusion.

Edited by taiiat

If your feeling lazy use your boltor prime, if you can handle sniping ppl in the face with a bow use the dread. They both are able to compete in endless missions it just depends on how much effort you want to give in killing the enemies.

Corrosive damage is just about the ONLY way to deal respectable damage to high level Corrupted Gunners. They just have far too much armor for anything else to do much (corrosive ignores 75% of that armor)

Dread with Viral is very effective at really high levels when using 4x CP auras, tho.

Corrosive damage is just about the ONLY way to deal respectable damage to high level Corrupted Gunners. They just have far too much armor for anything else to do much (corrosive ignores 75% of that armor)

Dread with Viral is very effective at really high levels when using 4x CP auras, tho.

Where is the source for it ignoring. The wiki says you get a 75% damage bonus when fighting armor.

Where is the source for it ignoring. The wiki says you get a 75% damage bonus when fighting armor.

It receives that bonus and ignores that amount of Ferrite armor as well. Testing was fairly simple, when using 4x CP auras both Corrosive and Viral deal the same damage, so we know that the damage amp that Corrosive gets to Ferrite over Viral is from an armor ignore. Backcalculating concluded that the armor ignore was equivalent to the damage amplification and that holds true for the damage done by Toxin and Cold as well (to the respective armor type, ofc)

This was all done back just after Damage 2.0 was released, I have *no* idea why the wiki was never updated. I don't contribute to it myself.

It receives that bonus and ignores that amount of Ferrite armor as well. Testing was fairly simple, when using 4x CP auras both Corrosive and Viral deal the same damage, so we know that the damage amp that Corrosive gets to Ferrite over Viral is from an armor ignore. Backcalculating concluded that the armor ignore was equivalent to the damage amplification and that holds true for the damage done by Toxin and Cold as well (to the respective armor type, ofc)

This was all done back just after Damage 2.0 was released, I have *no* idea why the wiki was never updated. I don't contribute to it myself.

This is a case of different mechanics.

Ferrite and Alloy armors do not act as life bars, but as armor modifiers to health. That means, when you shoot an armored target, part of the damage is absorbed by the armor and the rest damages life, but the armor is not destroyed.

Using Corrosive you get a +75% to your damage before armor applies and a 75% decrease in the efficiency of the armor absortion (someone made the testing in the wiki, http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Ferrite_Armor )

So you are correct, but your trial does not proof that. Since your are using 4xCP, enemy armor is 0, so you cannot extrapolate data about armor ignores, as there is no armor to ignore. You were using either the 75% modifier to Cloned Flesh from Viral, with no armor modifiers, or the 75% modifier to damage of Corrosive to "Cloned Flesh behind the Ferrite armor".

Since your are using 4xCP, enemy armor is 0, so you cannot extrapolate data about armor ignores, as there is no armor to ignore.

You are correct, in fact, I was mistaken about the testing procedures we went through months ago. Corrosive damage will deal less than Viral against unarmored targets (4x CP) because the Ferrite modifier no longer applies.

I was thinking that we noticed that armor was affecting the bonus Corrosive was receiving in some way, I'm thinking now we noticed the discrepancy between Corrosive and Viral was less as we added 1/2/3 CP auras.

Regardless of how you conclude it's a modifier to armor, it's calculated to be a 'partial armor ignore' or 'decrease in efficiency of armor absorption' equal to the amplification modifier.

Edited by Darzk