The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anime Watcher? List Animes You Watched (Or Currently Watching) Here!

hijinks_the_turtle

Heya guys!  This is a thread to post what animes you watched (or watching), opinions on them, or even recommending animes for people!  Hawken forums had it, so I'm gonna start one here to see what anime peeps watch!  

Today I watched some RWBY!  Turns out the first episode of the second season is out today!  It's really good, no spoilers for you peeps!  ;D  I also found Hamatora R2 to be pretty good so far, can't wait for the next ep.  Two pretty neat mech animes came out (Argevollen and Aldnoah Zero)!  Both are currently doing better than what I thought they would! ^~^

Reread/watched Elfen Lied (tied with SAO/Accel World/Guilty Crown for my favorite)

Watching (and reading the light novels) of Sword art online I and II

Starting Fate Stay series (Fate stay zero/night/etc)

Just finished Mirai Nikki (aka Future diary)

Reading Big Order, Bleach, and fairy tail

Put Chrono Crusade on hold for a bit, kinda bored me.

Waiting on No Game No Life and Log Horizon to get a season 2

That's roughly the last month for me I think.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

I won't list anime I have watched (as that list is WAY too long), but the ones that I am currently watching are:

-Tokyo Ghoul

-Aldnoah.Zero

-Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

-Haikyuu

-Zankyou no Terror

-Akame ga Kill

-The new season of Sword Art Online

-I am also waiting for No Game No Life to get a season 2

My too watch list is also pretty huge. I don't really have any anime recommendations as I usually tell people to read the manga instead.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

I prefer manga for various reasons, but the anime(plural or whatever) I've enjoyed are Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo(Mr. Wantanabe man, Mr. Wantanabe...), and FMA:Brotherhood. Those are all fairly common, but I really do stick mostly to manga, I just prefer it more.

I will always recommend Akira.

Read the volumes and you get so much more, but yeah, Akira is god-damned amazing.

I think it would be easier for me to link the whole list than type each individual one.  But I can name a couple personal favorites, like Bakemonogatari, Black Lagoon, Darker Than Black, Code Geass, and Hellsing Ultimate.

Haven't been watching to much recent anime, unfortunately.  Been focusing on studying the language.  I have quite the backlog to go through, when I allow myself free time.

I think it would be easier for me to link the whole list than type each individual one.  But I can name a couple personal favorites, like Bakemonogatari, Black Lagoon, Darker Than Black, Code Geass, and Hellsing Ultimate.

Haven't been watching to much recent anime, unfortunately.  Been focusing on studying the language.  I have quite the backlog to go through, when I allow myself free time.

I guess I'll go ahead and create a list of my own.

True, sorry I got it mixed up. xD  Though it's still like one, so it counts.

No. It doesn't. Neither does Avatar or Korra. They are inspired by the style. Not anime.

If you want proof, search Anidb.net or myanimelist.net. If it comes up, it's anime. If not, it's not. Simple.

Has anyone watched Tokyo ESP?  I *think* it's by the guys who made Ga Rei Zero (good anime btw)!

No. It doesn't. Neither does Avatar or Korra. They are inspired by the style. Not anime.
If you want proof, search Anidb.net or myanimelist.net. If it comes up, it's anime. If not, it's not. Simple.

Hm, okay!  Still related to the topic for being 'anime-esque'.

Edited by hijinks_the_turtle

Right. ON topic, I'd recommend personal favorites, but I'm weird and you'd all laugh.
So screw it.
Maburaho, Clannad, Karin, InuBoku, Yosuga No Sora, AnoNatsu, AnoHana, Maid-sama, Vampire Bund, Canaan, Otogizoushi.
Clannad will kill your feels. All of them. But most of those are passed over by people who watch what stays in the public eye.

Clannad, AnoHana.

Clannad will kill your feels. All of them. But most of those are passed over by people who watch what stays in the public eye.

Sad to say, I only know these two! What are those other ones?

Watched and thoroughly enjoyed:

No Game No Life - Dam great anime if you asked me.

Knights of Sidonia

Samurai Champloo

Outlaw Star

Stein: Gates

YES! Another Stein;Gate lover! Samurai Champloo and No Game No Life are also both awesome! Edited by hijinks_the_turtle

Maburaho, Clannad, Karin, InuBoku, Yosuga No Sora, AnoNatsu, AnoHana, Maid-sama, Vampire Bund, Canaan, Otogizoushi.

Sad to say, I only know these two!  What are those other ones?

Maburaho is just something close to my heart. Basically three women after one guy, magic, blah blah. Karin's a shoujo anime, involves vampires to a degree, and's just a good love story. InuBoku's got the queen of tsunshun: Shirakiin Ririchiyo, and is again a love story. Yosuga No Sora is R+, but involves several love stories and is based on a visual novel (like Clannad is). AnoNatsu is the counterpart to AnoHana and Toradora! in that it's by the same studio, and all three are great stories. Maid-sama, love story. Vampire Bund, love story with supernatural stuff. Canaan, an action anime with a good message and memorable characters. Otogizoushi, another dear to my heart, historical in style, and excellent. I can only recommend Maburaho and Karin in English, though. The others, if they are dubbed, are dubbed badly.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is an all time favourite of mine.

GIGA ... DRILL ... BREAKAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Other animes I enjoyed, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Kuroko no Basuke (No idea why it's so good but it is), Persona 4 and the golden anime, Kill la Kill, and Gatchaman Crowds.

I just finished attack on titan (which is now my fav, was amazing)

Just started sword art online, seems decent.

Also watched mirai nikki and fullmetal alchemist. All have been great too. Could recommend them all.

Edited by Praxeti

I just finished attack on titan (which is now my fav, was amazing)

Just started sword art online, seems decent.

Also watched mirai nikki and fullmetal alchemist. All have been great too. Could recommend them all.

Oh god future diary.  That was seriously messed up.  Though, it was a really really good suspense anime.

Happy to see many peeps talk about some great animes!  Here's two animes that deserve more recognition!  Eden of The East and Broken Blade.  Anyone see Psycho Pass?  That's a really awesome crime thriller!

Among the recent ones I really enjoyed Kill La Kill (just ridiculously fun) and Sidonia no Kishi (mecha done right).

I'm in the mood for some okkvlt/horror stuff now though. Can anyone recommend something in that vein? The ones I've watched that I hold in high regard: xxxHolic, Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin, Shiki, Bakemonogatari, Another, Ayakashi, Mononoke.