Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deathmark Targets

LysanderasD

Question

I'm not a new player, but I have been fortunate (unfortunate?) enough to not have a lot of experience with the assassins. I'd like clarification from players who might know.

I was under the impression that assassins will disregard frames who aren't of sufficient rank (something like six?), even if they're flagged as targets. Let me paint the picture for you.

Late night game. Just finished building Mirage, want to take her for a spin. I've got a friend levelling his Huras Kubrow on Earth, so I figure, hey, why not, I'll probably be safe and just for the heck of it I'll bring my own Raksa Kubrow so he can level too.

We're about halfway through the enemy counter when the G3 decide to crash the party. I debated quitting the session, but figured, you know, abandoning friends, not cool, and hey, they won't target me and I can run to the end and and extract (we'd agreed we weren't ready to fight them).

Now my computer's on the low side of Warframe-capable, so sometimes, especially on Earth when stressful things happen, my framerate tends to take a hit. I manage to make it nearly all the way to extraction before I get stomped by a heavy gunner who came around the corner. I had enough time to see her, but my framerate chose that moment to hang horribly and when it caught up I was on the floor, bleeding out. This I admit was my own fault for bringing a level 0 frame to Earth, true; I didn't think House would stop to revive me because he was running from the 3 and I was fine with that, too. I was less fine with the fact that I'd basically wasted my affection restores for the day on something beyond my control, but hey, I can make up the lost ground...

Then to add salt to the wound, Shik Tal mocks me and clamps a bolt on my frame as I'm watching my kubrow bleed out helplessly next to me.

So... a level 0 frame bolted on her first mission, and (because I'm petty and resentful) wasted kubrow affection. That's a great way to end the night.

But to reiterate, TL;DR, my question is this: is there a minimum level at which assassins will not target frames, even if the player is marked for death, or was I just a victim of circumstance and the G3 bolted me because I was downed by something else?

edit: fixing late night typos

Edited by LysanderasD

2 answers to this question

I believe it's Mastery Rank and not frame rank. The assassins will not or should not, don't remember which, attack players under Mastery Rank 5. If you are anywhere above that then if you have a death mark from them, they will attack you. But I could be mistaken.

I believe it's Mastery Rank and not frame rank. The assassins will not or should not, don't remember which, attack players under Mastery Rank 5. If you are anywhere above that then if you have a death mark from them, they will attack you. But I could be mistaken.

No, it is frame rank, and yes it is 5.

They will not target you means that when the dice roll at the start of the mission goes to see if you will have one of the assassins come for you, one of the checks is if your frame is above level 5.  If it is not then you are not a target.  IF they do happen to spawn in on another player, once they are in the mission everyone is fair game, no real change to their behavior based on your frame at that point.  It is all about the initial call.