Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow In-Game Ui Feedback [Much Needed Imo]

ImortalTJones

I'd like to point out a few things I feel warframe could use for kubrows in-game UI, specifically the aspect of them getting downed. 

As of right now they are VERY hard to locate if you're in the heat of a big fight and he dies, you have almost no idea where they died, specially if it's dark. The random highlight that we see on them through walls doesn't work that well when the are downed, other difficulties include problems finding them if they teleport or run very fast to an enemy or locker and then die, you have no idea where they went. I propose a few ideas that would help greatly rectify this. 

In the included screenshot example I made below, It would be handy to have a message that pops up in a decent size red text in the middle of your screen, right when he gets downed "Your kubrow is downed!" or something similar, Other ease of use additions can include a Minimap marker on his location where he is bleeding-out, A flashing red glow on their name plate and health bar when they are very low on health and then downed would also help a lot.

INm3NRt.png

Or the Kubrows could just, not have such a short bleedout phase(seriously), so that you don't have to literally baby it the entire time paranoid if you take your eyes off of it for one second it will die.  It could also not have serious consequences for dying, and maybe not cost 100k to upkeep, and who knows how many hours farming for all the mods.

Kubrows just suck.  They are a huge waste of time and resources, and boil down to nothing but work, work, work.

Or the Kubrows could just, not have such a short bleedout phase(seriously), so that you don't have to literally baby it the entire time paranoid if you take your eyes off of it for one second it will die.  It could also not have serious consequences for dying, and maybe not cost 100k to upkeep, and who knows how many hours farming for all the mods.

Kubrows just suck.  They are a huge waste of time and resources, and boil down to nothing but work, work, work.

They may suck for YOU. But for me they are a fun to be with and quite useful when taking large groups of enemies.

Yes, after months of working on them DE didn't even include the mininum features that would make them user friendly.

The whole system is shady and full of mysteries because nobody answered questions as simple as "what happens when DNA integrity reaches 0?" and if you accept all those misteries and use them anyway they lack the required ui features like a mini map marker.

I like kubrows they are 100000000 times more charming than sentinels but they just reduce the fun i have by lots, because i don't want my kubrow to die so if i take it out i feel the constant need of monitoring it instead of just relaxing and engaging in the mission objective.

It's dissapointing, i would have prefered to wait more time for a full release and not a rushed incomplete system, i didn't even get to try the scrambler either because my quests were bugged like 3 days and by the time i had a kubrow the scrambler had been taken out, so i'm stuck with two white kubrows in stasis, because they are more hassle than fun. 

I can't wait for DE to give us proper kubrow ui during missions so i can have fun with my space dog.

Install a max rank loyal card, it's 21 sec bleedout, when they get fully modded they are very strong, my kubrow right now only has a 60% armor link on with my valkyr and hes at 660 armor.

Install a max rank loyal card, it's 21 sec bleedout, when they get fully modded they are very strong, my kubrow right now only has a 60% armor link on with my valkyr and hes at 660 armor.

Not all of us have the time to farm Earth over and over and over again in the fraction of a chance that the game decides to grace you with the mod you want. 

Not to mention that the mods have nothing to do with essential UI elements. More then enough times I've found myself chasing after a marker because I think someone marked a rare material or mod only to see it's being used only to keep track of their own dog. When my pup goes down, I'm more concerned with myself not dying. Something, ANYTHING to notify me about my kubrow going down is essential. 

Edited by Lakais

Not all of us have the time to farm Earth over and over and over again in the fraction of a chance that the game decides to grace you with the mod you want. 

Not to mention that the mods have nothing to do with essential UI elements. More then enough times I've found myself chasing after a marker because I think someone marked a rare material or mod only to see it's being used only to keep track of their own dog. When my pup goes down, I'm more concerned with myself not dying. Something, ANYTHING to notify me about my kubrow going down is essential. 

Oh give me a break, Loyal drops like every run. So don't give me that "not all of us have the time" crap, Also you're farming level 5s so there's no excuse for lack of time there. And I'd think I'd know about the UI issues, after all I made the post about it.

Edited by ImortalTJones