Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Players Who Use Only His Utlimate.

Aratir

And that made me sad, in the sense that no one uses Smite to its fullest. 

Honestly, as an old Oberon newb, I couldn't stand the aiming function of Smite.  It was too slow for me, and Hallowed Ground felt too limited.  Reckoning was really the only move on Oberon that I could use efficiently(I sold Oberon at 13 though and haven't remade him sense.)

Honestly, as an old Oberon newb, I couldn't stand the aiming function of Smite.  It was too slow for me, and Hallowed Ground felt too limited.  Reckoning was really the only move on Oberon that I could use efficiently(I sold Oberon at 13 though and haven't remade him sense.)

I can use it to stall any enemy pinning down team members for a bit to give them breathing space, for it. 

Or prevent myself from being killed when my equipped weapon ran out of ammo and the enemy will tear me apart. 

And the initial projectile speed is good enough. 

And that made me sad, in the sense that no one uses Smite to its fullest. 

wut fullest?

smith is broken atm, and dont even work as intended (no stager with projectils)

and even if it was workin , hallowed ground and smith are barely usefull

Should rename hallowed ground to litle garden (look like it heals ennemies allmost)

Edited by Tsoe

wut fullest?

smith is broken atm, and dont even work as intended (no stager with projectils)

It does. Tried it with PvE and PvP, and when hitting an enemy, it staggers. 

Then again, I am the type of player who will use everything to my advantage (combat pragmatist), so there is that. 

Edited by Renegade343

I don't really have a problem with Oberon. He is sturdy, renewal makes him hard to kill and his ulti hits like a truck. 

I think the thing that people I play oberon with find more annoying is the macro I have set up that says "DOTH THOU EVEN HOIST?!" every time I hit his ult.

He could use a bit of work though.

Then again, I am the type of player who will use everything to my advantage (combat pragmatist), so there is that. 

I like you, that's exactly what i look at with every frame and gun I play with, oberon is very useful in capable hands, its kinda silly how incapable most people who make complaints on the forums seem to be.

I like you, that's exactly what i look at with every frame and gun I play with, oberon is very useful in capable hands, its kinda silly how incapable most people who make complaints on the forums seem to be.

Although the Renewal projectile does feel a bit slow at times, I have to admit. 

The initial enemy you target with smite will stagger, but the projectiles that shoot out from the initial enemy are supposed to stagger other enemies around the initial.  It does not work as intended.

I play Oberon in PVE and Conclaves.  I sort of go through phases between maxmizing heal, hallowed ground, or smite for the lolz.

Never reckoning.  I might bring reckoning along for when I get knocked down in a big crowd, but never spam.  For shame!

Edited by Auramau

The initial enemy you target with smite will stagger, but the projectiles that shoot out from the initial enemy are supposed to stagger other enemies around the initial.  It does not work as intended.

I use it just to shut down a single enemy that I think would be the largest threat.

If DE(L) decides to fix it back again, I will most likely just adapt. 

Although the Renewal projectile does feel a bit slow at times, I have to admit. 

It probably is, but I haven't had enough of an issue with it that I think it warrants a complaint for re-balancing, I do admit though I play other frames much more than Oberon, hes not really my style, so i might not have enough use of his Renewal to make a good judgement on that.

I play Oberon in PVE and Conclaves.  I sort of go through phases between maxmizing heal, hallowed ground, or smite for the lolz.

Never reckoning.  I might bring reckoning along for when I get knocked down in a big crowd, but never spam.  For shame!

Using Smite in the new PvP is amazing. 

Especially when you trained yourself to aim at moving enemies. You get quite a good hit chance with it. 

Using Smite in the new PvP is amazing. 

Especially when you trained yourself to aim at moving enemies. You get quite a good hit chance with it. 

I prefer to just use a gun... Unless you're talking about a maximized, late-game smite.  That S#&$ shreds.

I prefer to just use a gun... Unless you're talking about a maximized, late-game smite.  That S#&$ shreds.

Like the new Dark Sector PvP. 

I have it unlocked first, and I use it to stagger enemy players to make them wide open to my barrage of Karak/Burston/Latron/Furis bullets.