Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick, Easy Damage Fix

Max7238

This game seems to have an issue with invincible enemies. While having high defense is understandable, getting pelted with bullets, darts, smashed with a hammer, etc., you SHOULD feel something.

I'm basically saying that the minimum damage per hit should be hardcapped at 1, not allowed to go to 0.

Why?
I've had cases of bosses phasing into walls and not attacking, but they were invincible (Lech Kril). So I punched and punched and punched with my Kogake (off-hand), and stacked Corrosive until I had thousands of hits and his armor was finally gone. I thought I'd be out of the dark, that I could kill him if I just removed his armor. But no. Still 0 damage. So I ran away, far back until the game was forced to rerender him. Luckily, this solved the problem and he was just outside where he was stuck and able to attack once more. I was able to kill him easily after that.
There's also the new case of the Infested Ancients making players deal 0 damage. This should also be impossible, as no matter how fast organic matter can regenerate, it could never regenerate fast enough to heal the damage from thousands of bullets, flames, electricity, and so on so fast without wearing out.

So, how about it? Solves a lot of issues without solving a lot of issues.

Kril is invincible unto you blast off his cryo module. As for infested ancients, focus healers first(all in the room) some of them is source of aura that spreaded on others. Anyway, angstrum, penta or ogris even bows with thunderbolts melts them no matter how much aura they have. I think that blue zeros should no display at all.

they also removed the HP cap on enemies...  so things can have stupid health now.

having things take 1 damage means you can exploit the system

I personally think some of the boss mechanics need changing, having things be simply immune for phases is just a cheap way of extending the fight.

instead they could use a system like Ironskin, where Lech Kril could put up a 50k ironskin between phases.

but the 0 0 0 0 0 feedback tells the player they are doing something wrong and wasting ammo.

Edited by Tatersail

I think the bigger problem is bosses with invincibility phases. Even worse when the phase ends up taking up most of the fight. Waiting for a weak spot to open doesn't take skill. Waiting is not a skill. Fights just feel like they take more effort because they take more time, but that time is just spent waiting. Nothing should be invincible. Weak spots should be just that, spots that take more damage. Not the only spot that takes damage. As for ancients, I'm only personally noticing 0's above the ancient healers themselves, which I'm guessing is what's being shown since they are healing from the damage you are doing, and just doesn't display damage healed. You're still doing damage, just the system can't deal with negative damage (again, just guessing.)

In short, I agree. Nothing should take no damage ever. As many problems as Diablo 3 may or may not have, the game got exponentially better with all the bosses reworked so that none had invincibility phases. Invincibility phases are the worst. Especially in a fast paced game like Warframe.

I think the bigger problem is bosses with invincibility phases. Even worse when the phase ends up taking up most of the fight. Waiting for a weak spot to open doesn't take skill. Waiting is not a skill. Fights just feel like they take more effort because they take more time, but that time is just spent waiting. Nothing should be invincible. Weak spots should be just that, spots that take more damage. Not the only spot that takes damage. As for ancients, I'm only personally noticing 0's above the ancient healers themselves, which I'm guessing is what's being shown since they are healing from the damage you are doing, and just doesn't display damage healed. You're still doing damage, just the system can't deal with negative damage (again, just guessing.)

In short, I agree. Nothing should take no damage ever. As many problems as Diablo 3 may or may not have, the game got exponentially better with all the bosses reworked so that none had invincibility phases. Invincibility phases are the worst. Especially in a fast paced game like Warframe.

I'm sensing some Sequelitis in there....

I'm sensing some Sequelitis in there....

There is wisdom in those words. Waiting is not a skill. When you're a lightning quick space ninja (and possibly pirate, too) running and jumping off walls and ziplines, having to just sit and wait for a boss to open their weak spot (if they aren't bugged and ever open it up, or in a spot where you can actually hit it, or you better be using a hitscan weapon if you aren't hosting because lol collision) isn't very fun, and quickly becomes time consuming. I like the fact they went back to make the bosses something other than a named bullet sponge, but using invincibility phases in a fast game like this is one of the worst mechanics I can think to add to a boss and I'm probably just looping my points I apologize I'm tired. ):