Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Experimental Ods Solo Build

Abenoki

Question

So Tonight I've been tinkering with some builds for doing long ODS Solo runs. This is the build Im toying with ATM and figured Id explain it and get thoughts / opinions

http://goo.gl/yjKab4

So with this build I sacrifice IS and Power Strength for Efficiency, fast shield recharge, faster knockdown recovery, and slightly less knockdown chance.

Things I've noticed

1. Ancient Pull actually isnt that big a problem, Im already up and shooting while getting pulled and they're dead by the time I get there

2. The little infested dont get past my shield 

3. Stomp becomes your defensive mechanism, before you're going to use the pod you stomp and should have plenty of time to do so without interruptions.

4. While not as strong as may be preferred for Roar, you still get a decent 50% boost to DMG which while not making Stomp that great does help on your weapons.

Still havent gotten past the 30min mark as by that time pods arent spawning fast enough and I dont have enough enemies spawning consistently.

Edited by Echoa

4 answers to this question

Why would you get IS off? 

Im convinced its impossible to get past 30 min solo, heck, you'd be lucky to reach 20 with ridiculously low spawns and LS drops now.

Try Pluto ds surv, better map with more spawns and higher level too.

Why would you get IS off?

Im convinced its impossible to get past 30 min solo, heck, you'd be lucky to reach 20 with ridiculously low spawns and LS drops now.

Try Pluto ds surv, better map with more spawns and higher level too.

Just trying something different is all c: trying stuff that doesn't really on IS.

IS is only useful to a certain point, to which it just becomes an energy sink. My main build use IS with just short of max dmg absorb.

I would agree that Pluto is probably better if doing it for.Infested but I want to try and do it in ODS :P

Edited by Echoa

My main build use IS with just short of max dmg absorb.

That's... inefficient. Try this out for survivability - 75% efficiency 157% power strength, Vitality, and RAGE. Every time you take health damage you'll have enough energy to reactivate Iron Skin. Coupled with Rejuv you're basically immortal until REALLY high levels (oneshots), allowing you to concentrate on making kills. You can drop in a 25 energy Stomp to hold groups still or make headshots at higher levels too. 

The problem with solo ODS is it's very rough on LS because of poor enemy pathing. Ideally you want to be focusing on killing as much as possible, not worrying about staying alive. I've soloed to 60 with a Nekros, for example, by not needing to activate LS for the first ~20 mins or so due to desecrate spam. This was pre-patch where they added all the leaders spawn scaling tho. Now it would be a matter of staying alive as much as LS spawns, for which Rhino or Trinity would work rather well.

That's... inefficient. Try this out for survivability - 75% efficiency 157% power strength, Vitality, and RAGE. Every time you take health damage you'll have enough energy to reactivate Iron Skin. Coupled with Rejuv you're basically immortal until REALLY high levels (oneshots), allowing you to concentrate on making kills. You can drop in a 25 energy Stomp to hold groups still or make headshots at higher levels too.

The problem with solo ODS is it's very rough on LS because of poor enemy pathing. Ideally you want to be focusing on killing as much as possible, not worrying about staying alive. I've soloed to 60 with a Nekros, for example, by not needing to activate LS for the first ~20 mins or so due to desecrate spam. This was pre-patch where they added all the leaders spawn scaling tho. Now it would be a matter of staying alive as much as LS spawns, for which Rhino or Trinity would work rather well.

ik you've told me twice before haha, but my build works for me and how I use it (not saying i wont/ havent). My main build uses Rage in it already :) Yes, I'm noticing that pathing is a real issue there. I also thought they removed the room with all the branches spanning over the empty space but I guess not :/

I'm just exploring options besides IS because as much as I love to spam it..well I really don't lol. I'm having fun with this one because my shields recharge in the in between waves of infested. Now I can go from 32 to max shields in 10 seconds or less.

I didnt re-forma or anything so no harm in playing around. 

Edited by Echoa