Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Not Everyone Has Millions Of Credits

0Pinger

So when I get a new mod, I have literally nothing to level them up with, good plan.

Are you really new to the game? If so then you'd have to farm credits and mods, its a nature of a game like this. You cant have everything at the start, you need to farm to buy weapons and pay for upgrades.  But once you get a bit ahead and know what you are doing, you'll be swimming in credits. Its probably harder to get cores than credits to level up all the mods (but then you just need to get to t4s to get loads of r5 cores). And you'll have hundreds of common drop mods. like Slashdash and Well of life and w/e else, that you will never use.

Few months back, before darksectors, credits were much harder to come by (unless you farmed void), now its not a problem at all. 

Edited by Monolake

Higher level dark sectors basically print credits, there is no need to lower the credit prices on anything. 

If you can't afford things early on, its because you have a 'young' account.  Develop your account and progress in the game like everyone else does or has.  Making money in any game isn't easy early on. 

Credits are so freaking easy to get now compared to times in this games development I can't see how anyone can complain. 

Also if you are using the restores that you buy the BPs for from the market.... well thats just stupid, they are crap.  If you are going to use restores get the clan tech ones they restore larger amounts of energy/ammo/health etc.

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

Depending upon your kubrow you only need to use it once every 3-4 days.  Or even less often... soo... yea.

Kubrows are NOT a new-player Companion...  Look at the price, IT also requries Argon crystals, AND a fairly decent difficulty [not 'that' hard but not newbie level] quest.  So, GEE I guess 'everything' should be accessable from the start, hmm?  

Also... If you cannot maintain the upkeep for your Doge, put him/her in stasis and there are no issues, sure you wont be able to have him/her along with you, but animals even in real life are expensive. :/

Kubrow stability decreases by 20% every 24 hours. You would have to use a stabilizer every 2 days to not waste any stabilizers and have kubrows at 100%. 100k would last me 12 days before it starts dying. Now I only hop on Warframe every now and so, I would have a difficult time having enough credits for my kubrow and to have it perform at 100%. 

Kubrows are NOT for new-playesr? Their quests drop on Jackal, the second boss a new player will encounter. And we all know the crafting requirements for Warframe items aren't very sensible, look at all the nanospores and alloy plates people have laying around in their inventory. "A companion that strong should be effortless to maintain, hmm?" No, but it shouldn't require being a dedicated player to maintain, besides the kubrows aren't that strong, especially early on and to a new player with no kubrow mods, sentinels are more useful. And I'm pretty sure kubrows aren't meant for end game players who have nothing else to spend their credits on. 

The point of having a kubrow is to play with it. Not to put it in stasis. And good thing this is a game and not real life right? 

Ahem. 12 days you mean ?

I don't know, I was just making a point of the stabilizers costing a lot.

Look, I'm calling a spade a spade.  That is lazy talk, and if you support it I bet you would support the game just giving you free credits.  Let's remove the cost of fusing mods, lets remove the cost to make warframes or weapons OR even the time, yes.  Let's make this Fast and easy frame.  :)

Ok because balancing pricing definitely means making everything free. 

Edited by DesuEx

Kubrow stability decreases by 20% every 24 hours. You would have to use a stabilizer every 2 days to not waste any stabilizers and have kubrows at 100%. 100k would last me 12 days before it starts dying. Now I only hop on Warframe every now and so, I would have a difficult time having enough credits for my kubrow and to have it perform at 100%. 

Kubrows are NOT for new-playesr? Their quests drop on Jackal, the second boss a new player will encounter. And we all know the crafting requirements for Warframe items aren't very sensible. "A companion that strong should be effortless to maintain, hmm?" No, but it shouldn't require being a dedicated player to maintain, besides the kubrows aren't that strong, especially early on and to a new player with no kubrow mods. And I'm pretty sure kubrows aren't meant for end game players who have nothing else to spend their credits on. 

The point of having a kubrow is to play with it. Not to put it in stasis. And good thing this is a game and not real life right? 

I don't know, I was just making a point of the stabilizers costing a lot.

Ok because balancing pricing definitely means making everything free. 

Edited:  I mean not for people who aren't spending a decent amount of time on this game, again, how hard is it to Taxi to a Void mission at the least a few times?  How hard is it to do some of the alerts? You cannot generate 100k+ plat week?  I'm not biased by Credit boosters but I KNOW that it isn't that hard, and if you arn't goign to play the game for that long, put the Kubrow in stasis.

Edited by Sibarian

This whole thread is just...wow.

This is about somebody thinking they should have the same access to certain things as people who play much more than they do. This is just a big selfish parade of "I want". Oh, there should be no additional reward for players who play more often? There should be no incentive to farm for credits? 

There's stuff higher-level, more dedicated players should have access to that other players do not. Period. End of story. Because frankly, if you're here complaining about this, you just want nothing to aspire to or work toward in this game. Can you not even perceive how entitled you sound? "Not everyone can afford this, but I want it anyway."

Maybe if you spent more time playing the game and less time complaining that you didn't have things on the forums, the problem would solve itself.

Edited:  I mean not for people who aren't spending a decent amount of time on this game, again, how hard is it to Taxi to a Void mission at the least a few times?  How hard is it to do some of the alerts? You cannot generate 100k+ plat week?  I'm not biased by Credit boosters but I KNOW that it isn't that hard, and if you arn't goign to play the game for that long, put the Kubrow in stasis.

Taxi void missions a few times JUST for kubrows, wowzers. This game isn't a pet simulator where I would have to play void missions just to keep my kubrow alive. And I'm not arguing about not playing the game for long periods of time, I'm talking about playing it casually. As in to hop in the game to play missions that I want and mess around, not to hop on and spend an hour to taxi void missions to keep my kubrow alive. 

This whole thread is just...wow.

This is about somebody thinking they should have the same access to certain things as people who play much more than they do. This is just a big selfish parade of "I want". Oh, there should be no additional reward for players who play more often? There should be no incentive to farm for credits? 

There's stuff higher-level, more dedicated players should have access to that other players do not. Period. End of story. Because frankly, if you're here complaining about this, you just want nothing to aspire to or work toward in this game. Can you not even perceive how entitled you sound? "Not everyone can afford this, but I want it anyway."

Maybe if you spent more time playing the game and less time complaining that you didn't have things on the forums, the problem would solve itself.

Yeah okay, because restricting major game features to only dedicated players is a good idea. I've been playing this game for over a year, it's only natural that I would get bored of it and would like to play the game more sparingly, but of course I can't do that without worrying about my kubrow dying. 

Yeah okay, because restricting major game features to only dedicated players is a good idea. I've been playing this game for over a year, it's only natural that I would get bored of it and would like to play the game more sparingly, but of course I can't do that without worrying about my kubrow dying. 

Are we pretending that Stasis doesn't exist? If you don't play enough to maintain your Kubrow, then...you shouldn't keep him out. Also, should I name all of the successful games that have exactly exclusive content for dedicated players? Or are you going to pretend that the Kubrow is somehow "different", in an undefinable way? That it's a game "feature"? So is T4, but if you don't farm for keys or look for a squad, you can't access it.  Or are we just bending words to fit however best suits your "I deserve a Kubrow without maintaining it" argument?

"I want to have an athletic body but it's only natural I would get bored with it. I mean, I want to exercise more sparingly, but of course I can't do that without losing muscle tone. Thanks a lot, stupid body."

Are we pretending that Stasis doesn't exist? If you don't play enough to maintain your Kubrow, then...you shouldn't keep him out. Also, should I name all of the successful games that have exactly exclusive content for dedicated players? Or are you going to pretend that the Kubrow is somehow "different", in an undefinable way? That it's a game "feature"? So is T4, but if you don't farm for keys or look for a squad, you can't access it.  Or are we just bending words to fit however best suits your "I deserve a Kubrow without maintaining it" argument?

"I want to have an athletic body but it's only natural I would get bored with it. I mean, I want to exercise more sparingly, but of course I can't do that without losing muscle tone. Thanks a lot, stupid body."

The way stasis seems to act is to keep kubrows for long periods of time without worrying about it, like if you're going on vacation or out of town, I say this because there's the three hour thawing period before you can use it again. Are you saying I should wait three hours to use my kubrow just because I play infrequently? Please give me some examples of successful games with content locked to dedicated players.

'That it's a game "feature"?'

What does this even mean, of course kubrow is a feature of the game, a companion system different from sentinels where you have to maintain it to get the (albeit mediocre) benefits combat wise.

'So is T4, but if you don't farm for keys or look for a squad, you can't access it.' 

First of all, T4 doesn't require me to be a dedicated player. I can just play once and a while, and sooner or later I'll reach a point where I can obtain T4 keys easily. I don't have to be a "dedicated player" to access it. Same thing with end game raids in other games.

'Or are we just bending words to fit however best suits your "I deserve a Kubrow without maintaining it" argument?'

The only person bending words is you, I did not say without maintaining it, I said to make it easier to maintain. Sorry but you're grasping at straws. 

Edited by DesuEx

The way stasis seems to act is to keep kubrows for long periods of time without worrying about it, like if you're going on vacation or out of town, I say this because there's the three hour thawing period before you can use it again. Are you saying I should wait three hours to use my kubrow just because I play infrequently? Please give me some examples of successful games with content locked to dedicated players.

Wow I didn't think you would go for that. Did you not even think, a little bit? Like, World of Warcraft. A big, fat, easy example of success with tiered content. How about any game with collectibles? Online shooters with exp unlocks for abilities and gear, there are plenty to pick from. GTA Online, unlocking weapons and vehicles at much higher levels. Mass Effect games unlocked a lot of additional content with dedication to being thorough. 

Honestly I have a hard time picking because there are so many examples of games where players are rewarded for their dedication. Because that's pretty much a core component to game design. Reward dedication. Put more in, get more out. 

Your whole argument is "I don't want people to have things I can't have". 

Wow I didn't think you would go for that. Did you not even think, a little bit? Like, World of Warcraft. A big, fat, easy example of success with tiered content. How about any game with collectibles? Online shooters with exp unlocks for abilities and gear, there are plenty to pick from. GTA Online, unlocking weapons and vehicles at much higher levels. Mass Effect games unlocked a lot of additional content with dedication to being thorough. 

Honestly I have a hard time picking because there are so many examples of games where players are rewarded for their dedication. Because that's pretty much a core component to game design. Reward dedication. Put more in, get more out. 

Your whole argument is "I don't want people to have things I can't have". 

Thanks for taking the bait by missing my entire point, good job. I don't have to play constantly to get good gears on those games; that comes from playing for long periods of time. GTA Online for example, you can just casually play it, and the unlockables will start accumulating, it doesn't require you to play constantly.

World of Warcraft is trash, grindy and behind heavy RNG wall for equipment, sure it was successful, but it's also a game with crappy mechanics? Sounds familiar? . And you don't lose your gear for NOT playing. Something that you fail to realize with this Kubrow situation. Online shooters usually follow a weapon renting model, the only thing you really keep is your levels to use more weapons, this doesn't have anything to do with kubrows in Warframe. Mass Effect, I've played it on my spare time, not constantly, and yet I've unlocked mostly everything. It did not require me to be a "dedicated" player who plays it every day. 

'Honestly I have a hard time picking because there are so many examples of games where players are rewarded for their dedication. Because that's pretty much a core component to game design. Reward dedication. Put more in, get more out.'

Yeah, I understand that, except kubrows are crap, what you put in is not equal to what you get out. What you put in is dedicating a reserve of your credits and playtime to maintaining the kubrow, and what you get out is a weak pet who will still require mod farming and functioning to be functional in battle along with the lack of customization options. 

'Your whole argument is "I don't want people to have things I can't have".'

No, my whole argument is that the DNA integrity mechanic is flawed and should be fixed to be more lenient on casual players. 

Edited by DesuEx

6ea564c9d0.PNG

Do you want to know what the secret is to having credits?

1d884fb275.jpg

I could afford to use the Kubrow and keep it alive easily. But I don't. Why? Because it's something I don't need. 

The penalties to any cheap deaths are way too high for Kubrows, (I mean if G3 can spawn on me when my Conclave Rating is 1008 and still oneshot my 81%+ Power Strength Iron Skin, 1050 shield, and 660HP, imagine the cheese with the dumb AI of the Kubrow) the upkeep is unjustifiably high for new players, and it is wholly not that useful. Either DE should come out and say Kubrows are not meant for the non veteran players, or they should make it so that non veteran players can reasonably keep them alive. But until they change decaying health and combat effectiveness, I will not touch these dogs, because they are clearly intended as credit and time sinks.

TL;DR if you have credit problems don't mess with the credit sink dogs.

Edited by Arabaxus

You missed my entire point, good job. I don't have to play constantly to get good gears on those games; that comes from playing for long periods of time. GTA Online for example, you can just casually play it, and the unlockables will start accumulating, it doesn't require you to play constantly.

World of Warcraft is trash, grindy and behind heavy RNG wall for equipment. And you don't lose your gear for NOT playing. Something that you fail to realize with this Kubrow situation. Online shooters usually follow a weapon renting model, the only thing you really keep is your levels to use more weapons, this doesn't have anything to do with kubrows in Warframe. Mass Effect, I've played it on my spare time, not constantly, and yet I've unlocked mostly everything. It did not require me to be a "dedicated" player who plays it every day. 

'Honestly I have a hard time picking because there are so many examples of games where players are rewarded for their dedication. Because that's pretty much a core component to game design. Reward dedication. Put more in, get more out.'

Yeah, I understand that, except kubrows are crap, what you put in is not equal to what you get out. What you put in is dedicating a reserve of your credits and playtime to maintaining the kubrow, and what you get out is a weak pet who will still require mod farming and functioning to be functional in battle along with the lack of customization options. 

Nope.

You said show you a game that rewards dedicated players. I showed you several. You decided to add some other "but no this" conditions afterward. You're moving goalposts. 

You don't have a point. You just want something without farming for it.

Tower Captures/Exterminates/Mobile Defenses are a great source of argon/xp/credits

Every time I start getting low I touch into the reserves of my keys or just throw myself into recruiting for a little while.

Nope.

You said show you a game that rewards dedicated players. I showed you several. You decided to add some other "but no this" conditions afterward. You're moving goalposts. 

You don't have a point. You just want something without farming for it.

I don't know what you're talking about, the dedicated player I'm referring to is someone who dedicates every day to playing a game, not someone who has long hours into a game, that's something everyone can do. And are you kidding, I already farmed to get the kubrow eggs and components to craft the reactor, now I have to farm just to keep it? There's a limit to farming. 

6ea564c9d0.PNG

Do you want to know what the secret is to having credits?

1d884fb275.jpg

I could afford to use the Kubrow and keep it alive easily. But I don't. Why? Because it's something I don't need. 

The penalties to any cheap deaths are way too high for Kubrows, (I mean if G3 can spawn on me when my Conclave Rating is 1008 and still oneshot my 81%+ Power Strength Iron Skin, 1050 shield, and 660HP, imagine the cheese with the dumb AI of the Kubrow) the upkeep is unjustifiably high for new players, and it is wholly not that useful. Either DE should come out and say Kubrows are not meant for the non veteran players, or they should make it so that non veteran players can reasonably keep them alive. But until they change decaying health and combat effectiveness, I will not touch these dogs, because they are clearly intended as credit and time sinks.

TL;DR if you have credit problems don't mess with the credit sink dogs.

The wonders of the feedback section in the forum serves to alleviate issues that players may disagree with in game design. AKA kubrows costing a crapton of credits and time to keep fully functional. 

Edited by DesuEx

I don't know what you're talking about, the dedicated player I'm referring to is someone who dedicates every day to playing a game, not someone who has long hours into a game, that's something everyone can do. And are you kidding, I already farmed to get the kubrow eggs and components to craft the reactor, now I have to farm just to keep it? There's a limit to farming. 

I think it's about time you stopped using words that you don't know the definition to. Like "dedicated", that's one.

Oh, wait. I think I'm assuming you had the wrong definition, when you are probably just trying to stretch that definition to change what was said. Moving goalposts again. Right.

I've already said, right? If you stopped making bad arguments on the forums and played the game, credits wouldn't be an issue.

in his defense ive found that having at least one ammo and energy restore can save your life while doing solo

I rock out the 10x restore BP, because it's much much easier. Keeping 30+ of each handy because running out of things in a mission is pretty bad.

I think it's about time you stopped using words that you don't know the definition to. Like "dedicated", that's one.

Oh, wait. I think I'm assuming you had the wrong definition, when you are probably just trying to stretch that definition to change what was said. Moving goalposts again. Right.

I've already said, right? If you stopped making bad arguments on the forums and played the game, credits wouldn't be an issue.

Where are you even going with this? I was saying you're the one who has the wrong definition of "dedicated". Making up an argument out of thin air is a poor excuse of a counterargument.

Why don't you take a look at the dictionary, in fact I can do it for you. 

"(of a thing) exclusively allocated to or intended for a particular service or purpose"

If I were a dedicated player who plays every day, I would have no issues with the upkeep of kubrows since the credits I gain would be a side thing to my normal farming, but I'm not. I play this game sparingly now, and by doing so I cannot gain enough credits without dedicating a significant part of my current playtime just to keep the kubrow in top shape, that shouldn't be happening. I want to be able to take a break and play other games or do other things, but that punishes me by having the kubrow in a three hour cool down period after releasing it from stasis.

I do still play, the game, just not as much as I used to.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/71248000318249267/D5565418372B0981D073391BB25D5AE777BBA789/

I've already said enough, anymore would just be me answering the same questions.

Edited by DesuEx

I am not sure as to why people are so against price balancing, putting up slanders by saying "You're just lazy" and pretty much missing the point. Why wouldn't a Kubrow be able to be accessed by all players? There are things that can be implemented to keep its performance higher than average if you take time to do so, however there should not be a credit sink just to keep it on average functionality. Is there something wrong for having the Stabilizer at 20-40k credits, to what ever the 1-5k credit rewards new players earn early on? New players don't exactly have access to Sechura or the sort, and most of the time even if they can, they would be suiciding themselves in it most of the time. (Trust me, i tried in my early days, T3 Void was not nice.)