Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows Are Cheaper Than You Think

Noxonion

It's just a nuisance. We aren't picking up Kubrick poop so that's good but what's the logic in diminishing Health?

Is my pet dying with cancer?

Is it because we are in deep space and my pet could be aging faster?

I just hatched it, why the hell does it have health problems?

I need Kubrow insurance >_>

It is a strategy for someone in [DE] he thought it was a good idea to have you worried every day. So you are more often connected to the game. 

Yes, it is Machiavellian.

Kubrows are not for Newbies, they are Endgame pets. 

That's the silliest thing I've ever heard since making Vigor a common mod.

Since you need Aragon to get them (the only place to get Aragon successfully is T4) that proves the fact that they are Endgame and not for Newbies.

For one, Argon*. For two, Argon can be found in T1, T2, T3, and T4, and you don't even have to go to the Void to get Argon, I've found it on the new Mercury segments, Ultor (2 in one run), Wendell, and Sechura.

They are sooo easy to take care of that i get so furious when people actually complain about them being to hard to take care of. X-x

I'm 100% sure for a midgame player, getting 100k every two weeks while simultaneously trying to get weapons for mastery is not easy.

It is a strategy for someone in [DE] he thought it was a good idea to have you worried every day. So you are more often connected to the game.

Yes, it is Machiavellian.

Truly Machiavellian.

Tho tbh, I haven't been on for a few days.. I guess I care more about my dog then my kubrow. So sad...... Sooooo.... What I should be doing lol

The way to "keep you playing" method with kubrows is a little disencouraging. Not by a long shot, but still something to worry about when your gone and have to now maintain something at a small expense. Just like when you take off for vacation and leave your dog, except he's still being watch with someone you leftor paid housekeeping in which case you don't have in Warframe. Well, I take that back, I guess Ordis watches him in stasis... >_>

A Nuisance. It's not totally a big deal, I just don't like the fact that;

-if my kubrow keeps dying(degrading health) when I'm not logged in for a long time , he'll be locked away in stasis when I come back.

-If I take him out to mission and he keeps dying he'll be taken away and put in stasis.

Making it Hard to rank him up at that point and taking away the experience in using the beast because its being paused for Loyalty.

Edited by Magnagar

I wish after -100% Ordis would call. "Master, I see you neither liked this dangerous kubrow. Now instead of pooping it was rotting on my ship so i launched it to space. I got it recorded for your amusement" Finally getting dublicates deleted ^^

This would be awesome and totally in-character for Ordis LOL.

Perhaps the fact that we even have to invest time into our pets where before it was a one time thing makes people uncomfortable eh?

considering kubrows require maintenance, they should theoretically be much, much superior to sentinels, and therefore reequire sacrifice  and time to keep. I don't liek it,but I live with it, because theres really not much else about it to say.

the only post I agree with.

due to the fact they require more maintenence than anything else in the entire game, they should be godlike creatures, not useless meat sacks that are hard to make and keep.

they should be cheaper since nothing is special about them at all .but a few abilities, woopee! they are all the same colour size shape..generic template...realy disappointed  after my 3rd one .worse is spent lots plat on this ..pit ,and u cant get rid of  them ..nothing unique .So far sentinel is more usefull and  cheaper.

Now, I've seen people that complain about Kubrows being too expensive to maintain, but are they really?

1. The Healing needles (forgot their name, lol) heal your Kubrow 40% health. Every day my Kubrow loses 20%, which means he loses 140% every week. Every bundle has 6 Needles. 6*40%= 240%. That means, with every pack, I can sustain my Kubrow for about two weeks.

And getting 100,000 credits every two weeks isn't that difficult. You just farm Sechura or Void missions.

2. Kubrows don't lose that much Loyalty. Of course, if you bring an Unranked Sahasa into a T4 defense, don't be surprised if your Kubrow dies. All you need is Pack Leader, Link Mods and you'll be fine.

So are they really that expensive to have?

You forgot the income of NEW players...

While the calculations are true, it is due to the fact that the credit sink (DNA Stabilisers) makes players feel that they are slightly forced to buy to maintain the Kubrow. If it was Loyalty that decreases to -100% when not caring for it (and DNA Integrity to 0% only), then at least players will not lose progress when they fail to care for it, and the credit sink may be a bit more tolerable. 

It's pretty obvious Veterans(Not all of them) are selfish and and mean. They want the Kubrows all to themselves and don't care about new players nor do they want them to have Kubrows.

Sharing is caring...

Yes, because we only care about ourselves.  Mhmm, maybe it is because most of us actually like Kubrows the way they are and don't want Easymode.  Maybe they can create a Kubrow Jr breed for the new players with half the stats and broken mods, or something.

Yes, because we only care about ourselves.  Mhmm, maybe it is because most of us actually like Kubrows the way they are and don't want Easymode.  Maybe they can create a Kubrow Jr breed for the new players with half the stats and broken mods, or something.

Seems most people rather not spend 100K every other week especially the new players.

One pack costs 5 defence missions on sedna to 5 waves, aka about 20 minutes. Even better is that when you rank your kubrow with mods that are damage dealing, you just stand on a box and he kills everything. My kubrow earnt me honestly around 500K in a week of occasional play. I bought him 30 dna as a treat. After they are ranked, they honestly maintain themselves in terms of credits.  

One pack costs 5 defence missions on sedna to 5 waves, aka about 20 minutes. Even better is that when you rank your kubrow with mods that are damage dealing, you just stand on a box and he kills everything. My kubrow earnt me honestly around 500K in a week of occasional play. I bought him 30 dna as a treat. After they are ranked, they honestly maintain themselves in terms of credits.  

But you are forcing you to maintain them!  They must be free! >:[  Think of the people who JUST started, they obviously are going to be able to get a Argon crystal, so they OBVIOUSLY deserve this.  :3

No, they are cheap to maintain, you can earn those 100k credits in a hour or so, plus/minus, and you have to do that once every 10 days or two weeks, depending how fast your kubrow's DNA degrades.

And if you don't plan on using your kubrow, just stasis them and you don't have to even use needles on them anymore at all.

Edited by Glasglow

It really isn't that difficult to farm for credits to maintain the Kubrow, we've a lot of ways to do so.

-Dark sectors. 
-Void
-Invasions
-Alerts

But

Since.. new players are being mentioned quite a lot here, I don't blame most people for saying 'Well what about the new players?', or new players actually complaining about the amount of credits to sustain a Kubrow. The location of the Kubrow quest is right next to Mercury.. complaints should be expected. It needs to be changed to a different planet -_- 

Edited by Verre

It really isn't that difficult to farm for credits to maintain the Kubrow, we've a lot of ways to do so.

-Dark sectors. 

-Void

-Invasions

-Alerts

But

Since.. new players are being mentioned quite a lot here, I don't blame most people for saying 'Well what about the new players?', or new players actually complaining about the amount of credits to sustain a Kubrow. The location of the Kubrow quest is right next to Mercury.. complaints should be expected. It needs to be changed to a different planet -_- 

Some new player experience.

OK i have come up with a solution to make casuals happy and Hardcores happy.

DNA degration just effects buffs.

There hp will not go under 100% but you will have to use a DNA to give it +100%.

We could do the same to Loyalty, if you don't login every day your Kubrow will go down to 100% loyalty (20% a day is lost) but won't go under 100% loyalty.

So, unless you maintain your Kubrow they won't be OP like people who do maintain them, but they will still be usable.

There is a system that is passable, even though i would prefer if the DE just didn't touch the system....

Edit: or another idea, Kubrow quest is activated by killing Ambulas instead of Jackle. By then Newbies will have unlocked Sechuras. 

Or give Kubrows mastery rank of 6.

Those are some other ideas.

Edited by Feallike

- Or the stabilizers can restore up to 55% health and does it automatically and placed into an emergency stasis when health is critical. Cost lowered to 55K. Number of stabilizers lowered to 5.

- Stasis recover time removed. Stasis cooldown timer added. 5 minute window given for any stasis activity to avoid having to wait long for change of heart or accidents.

- Loyalty loss upon death lowered to 10%. Can raise loyalty upto 5 times per day. Loyalty raise lowered to 15%.

There, the first two should definitely be done.

Edited by SirAuron

Edit: or another idea, Kubrow quest is activated by killing Ambulas instead of Jackle. By then Newbies will have unlocked Sechuras. 

Or give Kubrows mastery rank of 6.

Those are some other ideas.

Prime example of selfish and mean veterans that want the muts all to themselves. Me me me me me me me me me me is all that is seen here.

Edited by SirAuron