Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows Are Cheaper Than You Think

Noxonion

The only issue I have with them atm is their Loyalty. You can just do 3 missions a day with them and that is only if they do not die. This is quite annoying. Remove the Loyalty degredation for bringing them to a mission and only make them lose some if they die (and didn't get rescued before bleedout).

Oh and in regards to that earlier post...

Kubrows are not for Newbies, they are Endgame pets. 

Since you need Aragon to get them (the only place to get Aragon successfully is T4) that proves the fact that they are Endgame and not for Newbies.

They are sooo easy to take care of that i get so furious when people actually complain about them being to hard to take care of. X-x

Never read anything that could've been more wrong. Even if we don't consider that infested invasions now drop these regulary (and phorid always), then even before you could get 3+ Argon per T1 def mission. Argon isn't an endgame ressource if you know where to look for it.

Edited by ScribbleClash

Companions are meant to be emotional bonds that provide a deeper connection to the game. This means it is best to start that connection early. However, this connection must grow with the player right to the very end, meaning that the companion will eventually scale up to late game. 
Credits too constant, a high credit cost disallows any form of early game connection with Kubrows. It doesn't matter too much, or too little. It is wrong to charge credits for them because credits don't accurately portray effort and dedication. Running regular missions of similar difficulty to a dark sector, more than double the time it takes to farm those 100k credits. The effort is equal, but the pay out in terms of Kubrow upkeep is way less. 

Edited by LukeAura

Don't make real life comparisons if you cannot think of good arguments.

I need a "good argument" to make the point that you shouldn't have something you can't afford to maintain? Hell, you don't have any argument. Just "More dedicated players have resources I don't have and it's not fair". 

What is your "good argument", hm? Calling veteran players "selfish and mean"? Is that your stunning argument?

While I do not have an issue with 100k at this stage of the game. 

Let's not confuse the issues about cheap or expensive though.

It is very strange to introduce a degrading health mechanic on a companion when our other companion the sentinels do not require one. For consistency sake remove it all together on all companions or put it on all companions.

From a new player experience stand point, I would vote for total removal of the degrading health mechanic.  

I need a "good argument" to make the point that you shouldn't have something you can't afford to maintain? Hell, you don't have any argument. Just "More dedicated players have resources I don't have and it's not fair". 

What is your "good argument", hm? Calling veteran players "selfish and mean"? Is that your stunning argument?

The purpose of a companion is the emotional connection to more deeply tie the player to the game. Thus the Emotional Connection is best established  early and given time to grow and develop. This means a price higher than what new players can reasonably afford is absolutely wrong.

And  saying 'don't buy something you can't afford' isn't actually an argument on the purpose of this cost, only telling people to deal with it.

A credit cost has no tie to the Kubrow, nor does encourage healthy gameplay. It needs to be scrapped.

Edited by LukeAura

I need a "good argument" to make the point that you shouldn't have something you can't afford to maintain? - They all should let their kubrows rot and die then. I suppose not using and giving no feedback helps the game grow and to hell with new players.

Hell, you don't have any argument.  - Learn to read.

Just "More dedicated players have resources I don't have and it's not fair".  <-- This is the argument of all new players...

What is your "good argument", hm? Calling veteran players "selfish and mean"? Is that your stunning argument? - It seems you did not read any other post. No point in talking to you...

Edited by SirAuron

The purpose of a companion is the emotional connection

And..stop.

That's your assumption. And everything you describe after it contradicts that. So clearly your assumption is wrong. Do you even have anything in support of your assumption?

A Kubrow is something new to farm for and work on, level and equip, tweak and groom. Just because you feel entitled to a Kubrow doesn't mean you are. A Kubrow is a luxury companion, as evidenced by the cost of obtaining, maintaining, optimizing, and modding one. Sentinels didn't get removed from the game, and they didn't suddenly become less effective.

It costs something like 700,000 credits to max out just one Link Stat module. And that's just one mod. So why are you taking on a Kubrow that you can't afford to maintain, much less gear properly? 

I need a "good argument" to make the point that you shouldn't have something you can't afford to maintain? - They all should let their kubrows rot and die then. I suppose not using and giving no feedback helps the game grow and to hell with new players.

Hell, you don't have any argument.  - Learn to read.

Just "More dedicated players have resources I don't have and it's not fair".  <-- This is the argument of all new players...

What is your "good argument", hm? Calling veteran players "selfish and mean"? Is that your stunning argument? - It seems you did not read any other post. No point in talking to you...

Are you pretending your feedback is to "help the game grow"? Really? Is your compelling argument to that effect that there should be less incentive to play the game? That there should be nothing that is difficult to obtain or maintain for more dedicated players? Nothing for newer players to aspire toward as a goal later in the game? Which of those is your rationale, again?

Do tell how this is for the better of the game, and not just for you.

And..stop.

That's your assumption. And everything you describe after it contradicts that. So clearly your assumption is wrong. Do you even have anything in support of your assumption?

A) U14 has been all about immersion. Therefore, Kubrows probably are too. 

B) It makes Kubrows unique instead of a variation of Sentinel that is stronger, but more restrictive and more costly. Kubrows have never been needed before, they only thing they actually can bring to the table is the Emotional Connection.

C) DE damn well said so in a livestream.

D) Saying a companion/pet doesn't make an emotional bond is like saying a real pet doesn't make an emotional bond. 

And nothing I say after that is contradictory, unless you'd like to prove it. 

A Kubrow is something new to farm for and work on, level and equip, tweak and groom. Just because you feel entitled to a Kubrow doesn't mean you are. A Kubrow is a luxury companion, as evidenced by the cost of obtaining, maintaining, optimizing, and modding one. Sentinels didn't get removed from the game, and they didn't suddenly become less effective.

As an emotional connection, they're still new, still need to be levelled, equipped, tweaked, and groomed. None of that invalidates what I've said.

'Every Tenno deserves a Kubrow'. ~ Lotus, so yeah I am entitled to one. Chief in power says so. 

Kubrows should be available early, and scale to late. This includes with luxury customizations and more powerful mods. 

My basic cream and grey patched Kubrow is not a Luxury companion, someone elses Orokin White with gold claws is though. 

All it needs is a form of maintenance that isn't reliant on a static value like 100k credits every twelve days. So there you go, Luxury companion, and basic companion all in one. A continuous upkeep does not solely define Luxury, many more things can takes its place while making Kubrows more accessible to newer players and more casual players. 

And Sentinels don't create the same emotional connection.

And if they aren't based on their connection to the player, then that's a worse implementation of them than being based around an emotional connection. And thus, their purpose should be changed any ways. It's not what they are that matters, it's what they should be. They should be a companion that is low on maintenance, but the effort is in taking a lot longer to make them powerful and getting them more customizations, gradually rewarding them out over the entirety of the game. Not by farming 2 places, one for mods, the other for credits.

And now I realize you are arguing something entirely different and over all pointless. My assumption is not on what a Kubrow is, but what it should be. You are trying to argue what a Kubrow is, which doesn't matter at all because that won't bring out the best in them. Prove that a luxury and late game only pet is better than one that starts basic and early but scales up to late and luxury given enough player investment. That is our argument here and the one you must address if you wish to contribute meaningfully to the discussion.

Edited by LukeAura

Are you pretending your feedback is to "help the game grow"? - This was refering to everyone's feedback on everything...

Really? Is your compelling argument to that effect that there should be less incentive to play the game? - So the answer to make people play more is raising pets...Ri...ght. get your priorities straight...

That there should be nothing that is difficult to obtain or maintain for more dedicated players? Nothing for newer players to aspire toward as a goal later in the game? Which of those is your rationale, again?

Do tell how this is for the better of the game, and not just for you. - It's better for new players.

You want pets to be difficult to be obtained? The answer to endgame woes? Something to strive for? Sounds like you've lost yo mind. When people asked for endgame content, this was not it.

Edited by SirAuron