Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Color Customization Fix (Planned For Hotfix 14.0.9)

[DE]Steve

Yeah, these colors don't look good. And it's because now, the color actually don't match what they look like in the color picker. I don't think this gamma correction actually corrects the colors. They don't look right now. It'd be great if you could reapply this bug for the Warframes. And I say that only because the colors for the Warframes actually looked right (as in, they match their corresponding colors in the color pickers) before this update.

What the F***. This is horrible. You shoulda just fixed the damn dogs' colors. Instead, you ruined TONS of people's setups. Who cares if it was broken? It was something that was built on by every player. People didn't hate it, it was just how it was until you pulled the rug from under their feet.

People BOUGHT these colorpacks, looking for specific colors. I, for one, recommended Fire to everyone because it had the closest color to the light Prime gold. And it's gone. Ruined. It's severely over saturated now. Everything is. There is no desaturated colors.

Are you gonna fix the color packs? Or start giving out classic versions of every color pack for free?

Or you gonna do what PWE would want, and charge everyone for the colors they bought before?

PLEASE revert the saturation changes or lessen them...everything is far too dark now. Dark colors are indistinguishable from black would be the worst issue. The damage of the change is incredibly apparent on the Silva & Aegis, since there is now a hideously obvious edge around the entire energy section, as opposed to it smoothly fading as it used to.

Sorry Steve, but after this long I don't think this change is needed. The frames are TOO vibrant and dark colors are almost black. I'd take the old colors anyday. First the desaturated and non-glowing weapon trails and effects, now this? I'm not sure, but this is not cool... I can't recreate any of my old palettes. Please revert the change, or make it a toggleable option in the palette menu.

I second the idea of getting Twilight Gamma, Smoke Gamma, Fire Gamma, etc. because these are just, eugh.

Edited by DarkD3filer

The Gamma colors are literally no different than the classic color pack. There is no variation in saturation for the blacks- the black is just pure, pure black instead of a darker grey. I used to be annoyed that deep blacks weren't in the game. Now that they've replaced the desaturated hues, it feels like its too much.

Here is my Valkyr, as an admittedly extreme example. I wanted her armor to be darker than her normal colors, but still have a dark blue accent to stay close to the original colors. Image here., and a second image here.

Here is what the update did to this color scheme. Notice how crazy dark the colors are compared to the previous images. Switching to the Gamma palette did literally nothing to get the colors back the way they were. Please consider rolling back this particular change until an alternative solution can be worked out to get deeper colors in-game.

The Gamma colors are literally no different than the classic color pack. There is no variation in saturation for the blacks- the black is just pure, pure black instead of a darker grey. I used to be annoyed that deep blacks weren't in the game. Now that they've replaced the desaturated hues, it feels like its too much.

Here is my Valkyr, as an admittedly extreme example. I wanted her armor to be darker than her normal colors, but still have a dark blue accent to stay close to the original colors. Image here., and a second image here.

Here is what the update did to this color scheme. Notice how crazy dark the colors are compared to the previous images. Switching to the Gamma palette did literally nothing to get the colors back the way they were. Please consider rolling back this particular change until an alternative solution can be worked out to get deeper colors in-game.

I have to agree. Every color looks too dark and too saturated now, and they don't match their colors in the color pack. It really does look worse for me. The kubrow colors are fine. It's the frame and sentinel colors that are the problem. Honestly, the colors were fine for me before this hotfix. Maybe it was just my computer, but the colors actually matched for me.

And the Gamma pack does NOT look like the pre-hotfix colors, at least not for me. Instead of having these new packs, allow us to turn of this gamma correction (I never turn it on for any game that has the setting, and yes, some games have that setting) for our frames and sentinels.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Honestly I'm gonna parrot other opinions here and request we have an option to either use a saturated palette or a desaturated one. As soon as the first Infested color pack hit people started looking like obnoxious plastic action figures with garish color schemes. Desaturated colors keeps everything from sticking out so sorely and helps it look more believable.

Edited by Chaosrain

I do not like these new saturations. Certain shades in the past have a reflective index under certain lighting conditions. Now it's all matte. Sunshine yellow is now mustard yellow, mandarin orange is now pumpkin. Worst hit is the fire colour palette. Gold colours used to compliment gold trim on prime weapons and warframes are now tan or mud colours. Energy colours don't feel vibrant too when looking at the tetra's doom emblem (use to feel pulsing and energetic, now feels like an LED)

I loved the lesser shades for the reason that most maps are poorly lit with uneven spotlighting like Grineer Galleon. The lesser colours make them stand out in such conditions when screenshot-ting. Now? It feels like drapes in the corners.

Now my favorite shades of green in the Grineer set no longer exist. My whole reason for purchasing that. It can't be replicated with this ridiculous "Gamma" palette you've given me.

How about taking these color palettes back and giving me back the Platinum I spent, since the colors I liked and paid for are no longer there?

I'm tempted to use the words "Bait and switch". Good intentions or not, it is what it is.

Edited by DavidSPD

Very nice :D.

May I also suggest an option to switch between saturated and unsaturated versions of the default colors (accidentaly clicked default on valkyr and ended up with the washed out version XD )

tenno palette now become the worse colour palette in warframe(most of it are white and grey) DE really need to do something with it or make a new palette to replace tenno

Edited by jacky246