Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Color Customization Fix (Planned For Hotfix 14.0.9)

[DE]Steve

Okay, such fixes are what makes this game number one. It's already a good game but I rarely see such high-level improvements in other games - especially f2p ones.

I still am the nitpicky bast*rd that will go around whining the forums in the future (knowing myself...) but for this baby, I raise my hat before you.

Edited by K_Shiro

I created a new thread that highlights the problem with the color changes for Warframes (and Sentinels). The colors do not look like they should.

Two comparison pics just illustrate the point (I made a new thread, but on second thought, it probably would have been appropriate to post this here):

e5c20c.jpg

hScGFH.png

The top image is what it looked like pre-hotfix, and what it should look like. The bottom image shows that same color placed adjacent to the post-hotfix color. It illustrates the problem where the new color is too dark and too saturated. I've demonstrated the problem with only the striped pattern on Excalibur Prime, but the same applies to all the colors in the top pic. They all are now too dark and too saturated.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Sweetness, thanks DE

However :) About 5 hours ago I put my fugly grey-ish kubrow into stasis so I could breed another, for giggles. So unless you let me pull him out while the other breeds I wont see the change there for like 3 more days lol. 

This guy, always complaining.........

Looks awesome though, thank you.

Chris

Aside from some of the kubrows getting shafted color-wise(most of them got improved) I'm digging the fix and enjoy the fix. Could do with a few more "desaturated" palettes to balance with the literal rainbow of saturate colors we've got otherwise

The kubrows were the only things that needed to be changed. This hotfix ruined the Warframe/Sentinel colors. Pre-hotfix, they actually matched with what was in the color packs. Now, they don't. If they wanted to tweak the saturated color pack, or add new over-saturated colors, then they should've just done that. The fact that the default colors remain unchanged proves that there was no bug with the Warframe/Sentinel colors, as then the shader problems would've affected those colors as well.

I feel the need to say, if you think the colors now are not the same as in the palettes, dayum, go check your eyes son.

Also: people do not seem to understand, this is not just a "change", is a correction of color code, maybe they need to tweak a few, but instead of OHGOSHREMOVETHIS hysteria posts, just suggest checking the palettes you think are wrongcoloured.

Edited by Rhinestone

I hate new colours. They are too bright. Now I should re-paint all my frames 'cause they look like clowns. Remove these changes. -_-

Too bright? Are you using color correction or something? All mine are too dark and oversaturated.

Thanks for removing the entire reason why I actually bought the Tenno Palette in the first place. You actually removed black from the palette, not added saturation/color.

Original Volt with black and dark green from the Tenno Palette.

New Volt with the same color selections, but instead of actually having color added, color was washed out, he's now just dark grey and an ugly shade of light green.

Is there a way I can get a refund of plat I apparently blew on a redundant color palette with many shades I already own thanks to the saturated palette (which Tenno now largely copies clean off), or actually get the colors back that I originally paid for.

Let me repeat, I spent 75 plat on a color palette. I expect to get what I paid for originally, and not get scammed.

Edited by Wyzilla

I feel the need to say, if you think the colors now are not the same as in the palettes, dayum, go check your eyes son.

Also: people do not seem to understand, this is not just a "change", is a correction of color code, maybe they need to tweak a few, but instead of OHGOSHREMOVETHIS hysteria posts, just suggest checking the palettes you think are wrongcoloured.

Thank you. They applied a blanket change to all colors when only a few colors weren't showing right. I don't think there was any bug with the majority of the colors, only with the Kubrows (the reason all of them appeared white). I've submitted a ticket because the color are seriously way too dark. As I've been trying to explain to people, and the same as you've said, the colors now don't match the ones in the palettes. Yes, anyone who doesn't recognize this needs to get their eyes checked.

Awful "fix". Before it you have the lighter tones wrong, now you broke darker ones. Nothing is changed, besides the need every player to recolor EVERYTHING in their arsenal. Better fix real bugs next time.

Thank you. They applied a blanket change to all colors when only a few colors weren't showing right. I don't think there was any bug with the majority of the colors, only with the Kubrows (the reason all of them appeared white). I've submitted a ticket because the color are seriously way too dark. As I've been trying to explain to people, and the same as you've said, the colors now don't match the ones in the palettes. Yes, anyone who doesn't recognize this needs to get their eyes checked.

And I want a bloody refund for DE just making one of the palettes completely redundant and worthless. To get the old colors I used to use, I'd have to buy THREE palettes.

Bloody hell DE, I want a refund on my purchases or this to get fixed. I just got back from a Warframe vacation and got 1k platinum, and now I feel like leaving again looking at all these new changes. I'm starting to like the new UI (despite the chat bugs -_-) and see it as a welcome improvement that we get ships now... but seriously. You just totaled 75 plat I could have spent on things like Forma or even another Warframe. Now I have a redundant palette. Wonderful.

I also feel bad for people who bough the original starter palette, only for gamma to be released for free, which is the exact same thing.

Awful "fix". Before it you have the lighter tones wrong, now you broke darker ones. Nothing is changed, besides the need every player to recolor EVERYTHING in their arsenal. Better fix real bugs next time.

No, they broke every color. The colors were fine before. They were exactly what you saw in the color packs.

And I want a bloody refund for DE just making one of the palettes completely redundant and worthless. To get the old colors I used to use, I'd have to buy THREE palettes.

Bloody hell DE, I want a refund on my purchases or this to get fixed. I just got back from a Warframe vacation and got 1k platinum, and now I feel like leaving again looking at all these new changes. I'm starting to like the new UI (despite the chat bugs -_-) and see it as a welcome improvement that we get ships now... but seriously. You just totaled 75 plat I could have spent on things like Forma or even another Warframe. Now I have a redundant palette. Wonderful.

I also feel bad for people who bough the original starter palette, only for gamma to be released for free, which is the exact same thing.

You can try to get those colors back, but you won't. Not unless DE resets this for the Warframes and Sentinels.

No, they broke every color. The colors were fine before. They were exactly what you saw in the color packs.

Before they didn't have real red, for example. It looked more like cherry than red because too bright. Now they reversed the problem, everything too dark and you can't differentiate between brown, dark blue and black itself.