Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Warframes' Abillities

Leetium

Now, i have made a Thread about this already before, but i didnt really get much backlash about it, so i would like to ask again on that kind of Topic to Receive some Feedback from you guys or maybe even a Dev.

I - as a Veteran Player think that the Warframes from the Orokin Era aren't too Special if you ask me. Sure, strap a golden Heatsink to a Crab and call it "Frost Prime", but the Small Stat Increase and the Looks is all what Seperates them from the Normal ones.

I PROPOSE: PRIME 2.0!

All of the Abillities should be Reworked to the as Orokin-themed as the Frames itself are, atop of them maybe even having the edge over the regular Attacks, which should undertone The PRIME as a Superior form of its Normal Counterpart.

Loki Prime's Decoy shouldn't be that Lame-@$$ poorly animated Fuzzy Television-set in shape of a Loki, Instead being a Starteling Ominous-glowing Orb with rounded bits of gold encircling it.

Rhino Prime's Stomp would reveal the Orokin Emblem In the Cracks of the Torn Ground beneath his Feet.

Ember Prime's Fires stay for a while and shall burn more fierce, leaving scorchmarks and glows like the Voidstorms in all shades of color...

When Frost Prime Frosts something Solid it could Summon a small cloud of LN2 (Liquid Nitrogen) Causing all who go through it to take damage and freeze solid into a Gold-icey statue.

Or a Future Vauban Prime throwing Nervos Mines like Captain Vor.

Referencepoint: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Nervos_Mine

Those are just Ideas what they could do for I find things like these would make the Warframes worth their Title.

What do you think, guys? should the Abillities of the Prime Warframes be changed for Aesthetic, Damage, both or none?

Edited by Leetium

Aesthetic only. Making the primes any significant amount better than their normal counterparts would render those frames obsolete, which wouldn't be cool.

So far they have gone the route of making them statistically better aswell. Loki's extra energy comes to my mind. Id like to see the Prime versions of frames get their due reward and become better then their basic versions. After all we do have to work alot harder for the primes then the basic versions.

So far they have gone the route of making them statistically better aswell. Loki's extra energy comes to my mind. Id like to see the Prime versions of frames get their due reward and become better then their basic versions. After all we do have to work alot harder for the primes then the basic versions.

They're only ever-so-slightly better than their normal counterparts. I like playing Loki but I don't like how Loki prime looks, I'd rather not be punished for that. They need to find a way to make the primes worth the grind but also not so good that they eclipse normal frames. 

I must admit you caught me red-handed there, i have a friend who got Loki Prime and was amazed that he phased my Vauban's Amount of Energy.

That is true, maybe it should be all Aesthetics.

Maybe if they'd become so strong that it would be considered a little unfair, that they should become FAR RARER to obtain...

we are speaking in dimensions like trying to fist-battle Lephantis alone.

Edited by Leetium

I personally like this idea. It may not be so practible because of how long designing a warframe takes, but i still feel that the abilities need to match the prime aspects of the warframe.

Lets take this to the level of lore, Vor had said that tenno is energy, and that the warframe is like a glass, that focuses the energy and determines what kind of powers tenno can use.

Prime versions are so to say, the original orokin era versions of what we now have, so to say, orokin era glass.

So you have todays glass, and orokin era glass, from appearance they are drastically different, but strangly focus the exact same way.

More simply put, does glass from 1000 years ago focus exactly the same as glass from today? I'd say NO!

They did make the right choice by making rhino primes iron skin gold, but all prime warframes should have PRIME abilities. It may take a long time, but for the accuracy of the game and lore, i feel it must be done, even if that means no major updates for a long time.

Personally I'd rather they not shelf everything to make prime abilities. It would be nice for continuity purposes, but fixes/content are more important. 

Of course, of course you should be deploying new content with possible bugs after fixing existing ones, no arguing here.

Let Update 14 get rolled out all correctly and we could go and see what DE could do for us then.

Of course, of course you should be deploying new content with possible bugs after fixing existing ones, no arguing here.

Let Update 14 get rolled out all correctly and we could go and see what DE could do for us then.

They already gave Loki prime a lato prime for his decoy, so we know they feels the same way about prime abilities. 

Damage does not need a backup but we could give the attacks different properties, like the idea with the pool of LN2 that could cause as much damage as the entire attack normally does, just that its put to deal AoE for a certain amount of time. it would only boost its efficency.