July 25Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics July 25th  

2,103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Totally forgot to talk about Ordis. 
I like that he talks and I feel right now he isn't saying too much or too little. It's mostly what he is saying I think people have a problem with. 
Questing for a Kubrow Egg, and then Ordis mocking us for doing so, doesn't exactly win him brownie points on day one. 
A brief description of the planet we are on the first time we show up there and then a chance for him to say it again on subsequent visits would be very useful for getting players a feel of what's going on in this sector and what goal they're working towards here.

MK1 weapons

They should be in market but they should be really cheap. As a weapon for new players they should be affordable for them.

Next thing is that they dont have to have max lvl 30, cause new players in majority will get new weapons alot sooner than those MK1 weapons. It's simple i see that i can have better weapon i buy it / make it. Max lvl 15 or 20 is enough i think. Personally i changed mk-1 braton at lvl 8, skana at 13 and lato at 2 so as a weapon for new players lvl 30 is pointless. People will sell it sooner to make place for other weapons.

Ordis

Some chit-chat  is ok. But it would be better if he could talk about some actual needs like "Your kubrows seems to need more attention" or smth like that. It could also inform players about new alerts saying "Operator, you have received new alert well paid" or "you have received new alert with additional item as reward". It would make more sense of his AI rather than bragging about Kubrow taking care of its needs on ship ;).

Informing player about new events in the world / ship could be a repair module mission like someon suggested at the beginning.

Hello.

The Ordis feature is ok, however, like any other computer, it should have a silent mode option. Even C3PO could be switched off. Ship AI is a useful tool when in need of guidance for installing something on your ship, but a nuisance when making comments on top of my chat, trading, mod fusion, weapon/warframe upgrading activities, or simply enjoying the view from my cockpit in the loneliness of space. Now even the Lotus invades the privacy of my ship/lobby.

Just a thought.

I voted "Other" for 

What’s your opinion on the new UI?

Because I like the overlay I'm just annoyed at the "wiggle" for lack of a better term. That and my frame is constantly blocking the left side of the UI. If not for these two bits I'd be fine with the new UI.

I put other for damage that bypasses shields and for PVP. Here is why:

First and foremost, different frames have different builds. 2 perfect examples is Mag and Valkyr. Two opposites in the spectrum. Mag is more shields than health so most if not all people would put Redirection on her. Valkyr has very little shields but hefty health and so most people will put Vitality. It's pretty easily seen which one would die first against opponents that have health damage without adding anymore mods into this. Mind you, I've already placed in a players skills and additional mods into consideration but to be honest, it doesn't matter. It still gives a hefty disadvantage for one side versus another. If we want things to be balanced (especially in PVP), this would be an ongoing issue.  People of course will abuse this advantage to win their matches.

There is a healthy or easy way to replenish shields but health is very dependent on other factors such as mods and health balls or a healing frame. With this in mind, there is no easy way to make toxic or bleed damage work even in smaller numbers of damage could still be potentially lethal to those frames that don't have plenty of health to begin with. I honestly think there shouldn't be a factor that bypasses one layer of protection in this kind of game.

Granted, I don't PVP anymore in any and all MMO's but I am a veteran in both (real life) war and (in-game) war (WoW vanilla up till Cata). Having such an advantage will only frustrate those people with frames that are built around shields versus health and it will continue to alienate them from such aspects in the game. The only thing I don't like about PVP is that there has to be a balance and with the balance, most things get either nerf'd with a bat or they remove the good stuff because it is unfair. To make things simplistic in a sense, you could have a different set of rules for those outside of PVP and the ones inside them. Another way is to remove the mechanics and balance the sheet so those abilities/weapons could still be viable.

Generally speaking, this is why I quit playing PVP games. Too many changes and mostly the fact that PVP often times affects PVE aspects of my games. Of course, this is only my opinion and treat it as such.

Edited by Vryn

Bypassing Shields:

Toxin is really the only issue. And I only see that against mobs with high proc.  Flying infested buggers.  And I make a special point of shooting them down whenever I see them now.  That said, I have a hard time understanding why a transport/support model has the highest kill count in our little pve group.

Ordis:

Doesn't really bother me. Though I wish he would talk about more things or talk less often.  

UI:

Nearly forgot, I am not a fan of the current planets.  They don't stand out from one another very well.  Earth is easy. After that, they look very similar.  I don't like that I have to hit escape to vote on a mission. I'm not a big fan of having multiple clicks to get to my friends list either.  The MODS UI is the worst though.  Why on earth can I not do everything from one screen?  Why must I have four different menus to sell, transmute, view, and fuse? Not only that, why can't I fuse from within a warframe?  Primary weapon would benefit from being able to sort by weapon (rifle, shotgun, etc).  Secondary doesn't appear to have any specific types so need.  

Edit: Added UI

Edited by Treemarker

Bypassing shields in PVP?

NO! It is too OP, especially when it's a Black-energy Loki with a viral/toxin Acrid behind our defences.

Take it away, or at least nerf it badly for ONLY PVP.

Pve, on the other hand, is fine.

Edited by Agent_Maine

specifically on the topic of damage bypassing shields. i voted for "make it more rare". in particular, they need to be completely removed from slash procs. it's fine slash procs doing DoT but they should not bypass shields. and even if slash procs only ever do "chip damage", they eventually whittle you down, even if it's 1 damage at a time. so reducing damage bypassing shield doesnt help the situation.

on a sidenote, it's funny because i did more than one detailed post of this topic when damage 2.0 first came out more than half a year ago, it was even acknowledged by the dev team as an issue, yet nothing has been done.

ordis's talking  is fine it's the dumb grener saying that  passage visa crap followed by stupid loud breathing. and the corpus are chatty too.

and then there's my kubrow snorting while im trying to equip stuff . it sounds like it's sufficating like alot.

Edited by strickman101

Feels strange that the UI vote was so binary and such.

I like some aspects of the ui, as do many others.

But there are other parts that are atrocious.

Feels kinda unfortunate that this isn't accurately going to reflect the real opinions about the UI as half the forums are just going OMG SHIP.

Planet navigation and node navigation is bad currently

Mod navigation is bad due to constant UI sway and warframe blocking elements of the UI

Warframe consistently blocks elements of the UI

UI moves far to much to have ease of use. Motion sickness kicks in.

Color choices in the UI make me wonder did someone hire out from apple.

Bloom, lots of it, sometimes for no reasons.

Less clarity on information regarding nodes within the planet.

Interesting poll. It seems like a good way to get some feedback from the players, though maybe this needs to be advertised in game to get the widest audience. Anyways, on to my explanation of some of my poll choices as requested by the poll (P.S. It’s a long explanation).

First, the least controversial of the 3 “other” options I picked is Ordis’ chatter. I like Ordis. The first thing that came to my mind was TF2’s Ap-sap, and how Portal’s Wheatley-voiced Sapper would, in their words, “provide hours of lively, one-sided conversation”. While the player is not dodging enemy fire while Ordis is talking (with the exception of the tutorial), the feeling of having a defective AI gives the ship a bit more atmosphere than if it was completely silent with the occasional notice from the Lotus. That being said, I noticed that while I was doing the Howl of the Kubrow quest and took a small break in the middle of the quest line to do other things, that Ordis had gotten very quiet. I think some more speech in the middle of quest lines, and just a wider variety of things for Ordis to say in general would help keep the space craft a bit more livelier and reduce the annoyance of hearing Ordis mutter the same thing 4 times in a row.

Alright, for the more hotly contested topics I put “other” on, were both the questions on damage that bypasses shields. Whew boy. This is a big topic. Actually, it’s a big topic complicated by a bunch of little factors that make this a really complex issue. First, we have player’s opinion on difficulty. Some players have said they enjoy the challenge, and others say that this is simply too difficult to handle. From this we will weave a web of other factors to consider here. Different people have different tolerances of difficulty. Also, we have the differences between Solo and Multiplayer gameplay going on here (as the Wiki puts it, balance does not apply in Solo mode). Then, we have to consider that not all Warframes are well-suited towards damage that bypasses shields. Combine this with the fact that people usually hold favorite Warframes and the players who have favorite Warframes ill-suited towards this kind of damage, don’t usually hold a great opinion on this topic (Example: I like Loki. But Loki is fragile, and the bypass damage kills me a lot more often. Radial disarm is a costly 100 energy to use for a couple of Mutalist Ospreys that I’ll inevitably find many more of. I could use Rhino, use Iron Skin and just shove off the damage, but Loki is more geared towards my tastes in a Warframe. Therefore, the Mutalist Osprey is the bane of my existence and I hate any damage that bypasses shields.) See what I mean? Since I’m tackling the Mutalist Osprey by name, I’ll point out a few more issues with just that enemy itself.

1. AoE Toxin attack.

2. It flies while everything else is on the ground.

3. It’s got a lot of health for a small hitbox.

4. It moves really fast when it’s attacking, and unlike Oxium Ospreys it doesn’t explode after the attack (Personally, if they exploded after that attack, I’d feel better about having to prioritize between killing the small thing that will eventually kill me, and the chargers that have snuck on me that will more likely than not, immediately kill me.

5. The combination potentials it gives the Infested really make it a deadly target.

Okay, rant’s done for the Osprey.

Focusing back to the original topic of general shield bypass damage, we have the factors of all the Pros and Cons of using Shields vs using Health. Shields recharge at a relatively fast rate. Health has Armor which is damage reduction. Now before we go on, Armor is a big thing especially with Valkyr, which I’ve been told can get 66% damage reduction. Shields don’t get damage reduction. You can get higher capacity of shields, but wait! Health can too! The only thing Shields can compare with is recharge rate and the fact that only shields can recharge. Except, not quite. Health can regenerate as well. We have the Rejuvenation aura mod, and Oberon’s renewal. In terms of shield-exclusive abilities, we have Mag’s Shield Polarize. Let’s not forget Oberon can use Reckoning to get Health orbs and we also have the Physique Aura mod that boosts health capacity as well. In fact, there is not a single aura mod that assists in friendly shields. In terms of cons, we have that Shields get Cryo damage which cuts shields in half. Nightmare mode can eliminate shields. And finally, Toxin/Slash damage bypasses shields. There is a small reconciliation though, shields have fewer weaknesses than Health does, though the ones that do hit usually hit pretty hard (Magnetic, naturally specialized against shields and shields only). Health has its issues with the increased weaknesses and low to none rate of recharge on Health. Overall, however, and this is my main point of the whole 2nd part: Shields generally feel underwhelming or weak when compared to Health. I think we need to improve the balance between Shield tanking and Health tanking before the whole issue of Shield Bypass damage will be fully resolved.

I just wanna give some feedback and suggestions for improvement on the Silva and Aegis.

When this thread first popped up my initial vote went towards decreasing the amount of stamina used by the weapon when blocking or attacking, plus a buff to its damage, but I also feel that the weapon should have another unique feature. An auto shield bash right after you stop blocking, now of coarse I would expect some complaints along the lines of "The forced bashing animation after blocking would leave you open to attack for the duration of the animation (hopefully affected by melee speed mods)". So my proposed fix to that would be to allow you to move while the bashing animation plays and/or allow it to be cancelled by sprinting, rolling, jumping, attacking, etc.

I'm really hoping a special feature can be added to this weapon, because I hate to see such an amazing design go to waste.

Edit: Another idea I meant to add to this, when blocking if you charge forward at an enemy it would also perform a shield bash to an enemy in front/slightly to the side of you, costing a bit of stamina if successful.

Edited by A.I.Cactus

Could you make DNA Stabilizers a wee bit cheaper? Like, when I mean a "wee" bit, I mean "A LOT" cheaper. I love my Kubrow (Name's Poochyena), but holy crap! I'm not gonna shell out 100,000 credits for 6 treats that will run out in a week. Make a craftable blueprint for it or something, reduce that exorbitant price to something that is reasonable and isn't gonna take me 3 hours to earn! Make these puppies an asset, not a liability! 

Im on the inbetween with Ordis. I dont mind how often he talks now that the quest bugs have been mostly sorted out and he isnt repeating the same thing over and over again but his rampancy and the way he talks can get annoying. I seriously wish we could take Darvo up on his recomendation to replace him by having the ability to choose another AI or buy blueprints and craft other AI's for our ship in the foundry.

Ordis: Talk frenquency is fine he needs more lines... but worse is the "Police Radio"..

UI: Is ok. i just dont like the new Planet/Navigation map at all.

a) No clear progresson though the system anymore, i really liked the connected nodes/molecule tree though a planetary system.

b) misses the note how many teams are active in a given node, it really helped to see it it makes sense to que for a given mission.

Silva/Aegis: Both: More important more damage-it just need to be competitive, wich it sadly isnt.. very sad, as the weapon is genuely cool.. (hope we get more Sword&Board weapons in the future)... but parrying with a shield should be a lot easier then with a blade.. so it should cost a lot less stamina, to parry.

Edited by Merlinhawk

"How do you feel about Ordis’ chatty demeanor?"

Personally, I like him.

At times.

However we need an option to shut him up. He yammers on about the same thing over and over. He would be fine if he had a much larger pool of things to talk about.

Maybe the Grineer?

What does he think of Lotus?

Is he going to hate on the color scheme of your current frame?

Will he blame a malfunction on the kubrow?

I'm sure you guys plan to do more recordings for Ordis but, an option to hear him would be nice.

What is your opinion on damage that bypasses shields?

I'm perfectly fine with them, as long as they are punishment for mistakes.

I liked the pre-nerf Mutalist Ospreys. Players who were constantly running took no damage, players who were too bad at moving paid the price of their mistake, cash. Fair.

But slash procs are a punishment for bad luck. Since Grineers use spray'n'pray weapons, there are always a few lost bullets, even while dodging, taking cover, etc. Ok, you could argue that the mistake is to not P4W from another room... Why not...

How do you feel about Ordis’ chatty demeanor?

I like it. But the Grineer radio is a bit too much frequent.

What’s your opinion on the new UI?

Somehow, I like it, but the ease of use (mainly mods and navigation to a lesser extent) has been greatly reduced.

With a thousand mods, it was already a mess before, but now it's barely usable.

Edited by Mazikeen

What is your opinion on damage that bypasses shields?

My opinion on Toxin damage is that it should be 1. non-lethal 2. temporary.
As in, on its own it won't outright kill Warframes, 1HP is as low as it will be able to go, and health lost due to Toxin attack will slowly regenerate after a certain delay.

As with damage from bleeding, I'd suggest to let it deal any significant (permanent and lethal) damage only when the victim moves, with correlation between DPS and victim's movement speed, without letting it go over its current potency.

I'm not saying it needs to lock players in place, as it would be a terrible idea given how fast-paced the game is. I'm only saying that players should have an ability to mitigate damage from bleeding, which is dealt far too often when fighting against enemies armed with hit-scan weaponry.

Edited by Artarrwen

Some great ideas in this thread so far. I dropped the ball (haha, dog joke) by not including some kubrow threads, but there seems to be a pretty strong consensus that the DNA stabilizers are an issue. 

There's some hot discussion on the matter in general feedback section. I made a thread with some suggestions myself that a lot of people seem to approve of > https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/275843-not-another-loyaltydna-kubrow-topic/

Some great ideas in this thread so far. I dropped the ball (haha, dog joke) by not including some kubrow threads, but there seems to be a pretty strong consensus that the DNA stabilizers are an issue. 

They are not an issue.

Kubrows are just not starter items.

Late game getting that cash is no problem.

People just dont want to spend the time, which they would normally spend anyway, getting money specifically for that.

I also say that they are not an issue, at all.

If by the time you obtain a Kubrow you can't make 100k credits last over twelve days, then you literally aren't even playing this game.