July 25Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics July 25th  

2,103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't care about PvP, it doesn't deserve feedback, should be thrown out of the game.

New UI is terrible and redundant.

Stamina should not be changed, removing it makes that coptering bs even more spammy than it is now. I'll talk stamina when coptering has been removed as a form of travel.

Sure. Just one problem: The end is on Earth. Like, the entire quest takes you to Earth, Jupiter, and T1 void. That's it.

And this means what?

The requirements for the Kubrow are shown to you and you can clearly see that they cost a lot of money.

What does the place it happens have to do with the content?

No one is able to pop into a Knightmare people are they run through the game for the first time.

This thing is taking place on Earth because of lore reasons, this is the only place the dogs are at.

I guess the next time they should worry about the impression some people may get instead of lore or the other obvious stuff.

I guess they could have put this thing in Pluto were we free Kubrow that the evil Corpus are going to kill cause they dont look pretty.

Damage:

The bleed proc through shields has been and still is a huge issue for me. If my shields are up, I should not be taking weapon damage. That's the whole point of having shields. If enemy weapons are just going to go through my shields, why do I even have them!? Toxin damage, I'm iffy on. We learn the first time we shoot out a window that warframes don't have their own air supplies, but even that whittles our shields down first. It's the bleeding out, when I've still got hundreds of shield points left that gets me. Are the Tenno getting their shields from the same place Wile E. Coyote gets his roadrunner traps?

UI:

In general, I like the like the new UI, but it's really not as functional as the old one. It takes more clicks to do things, and there are things only accessible through the esc. menu. I found the old node system easier to navigate, than having to spin the planet to see all the locations. I'd really like if that huge honking communications console could be used for more than just the market.

I fail to see the point of having separate menus for fusing, transmuting, browsing, and selling mods. Can we just have all those options available at the side of a single, unified mod menu, like we used to have?

Also need to have an inventory menu somewhere on the ship. Maybe, the same machine as the mods?

Cake/Pie:

Cake, as long as it's not a lie.

Trek/Wars:

Trek, before the reboot. (I like the reboot too, just not as much) But, I still have plenty of love for all three Star Wars movies. (We do not discuss the prequels) That said, "You can't take the sky from me." ;)

My 'Other' responses

MK1 Weapons

During the tutorial the player can chop and change at the table. If you pick up the Braton you can fire it, 'too generic'. Strun, 'I'm not a shotgunner', Paris, 'well this feels powerful'

So they do have some degree of choice there.

Few alternatives

1. Scrap them all as OP says, remove mastery earnt from them (this will &!$$ some people off)

2. Keep them but pull them from the market. So long as players have access to one of them, they are all on equal ground.

3. Pull them from the market and remove mastery being earnt from the mk1's. making them a starter choice but encourage players to move up into the stronger versions and earn mastery.

4. Put them all on the market and let the people who want to grind them up grind them up and make them very cheap to allow new players to experiment without giving up too many credits at the beginning (since they might not understand the value of them)

This isn't all of the possibilities just a few off the top of my head

(I do have multiple ideas, but no set opinion for how this should be done)

Toxic Damage

AT THE VERY LEAST, I would like to see status bars added. That way when you are exposed to something like toxic, you get a bar that pops up and when it fills completely, you are afflected with the status ailment. That way you have a warning and time to get the hell out of the way. It makes the system less numbers-based, more skill-based, less cheap, and just more fun in general.

I am all for this. My most hated thing about toxic is that it is unpredictable when it will affect you, and if it does can kill a frame in 8 ticks.

(sometimes I have stayed in a cloud for 3 seconds with no problem, other times I die simply from looking at is for an instant)

A flat out damage nerf isn't the problem. It is how the status effect activates.

Perhaps if it slowly accumulated over time, the more you are exposed. Jump through a cloud in the doorway will only deal 3% damage where as moving around in it will go gradually deal more and more damage, and only do 2-3 more ticks when you escape.

Ordis

I love Ordis's dialogue during missions but outside of that it's getting annoying.

After listening to the same generic dialogue over and over in the ship while I was gearing up my warframe, I got quite sick of him and really wanted to fix his AI (or mute him at the very least)

But Starting this new account and hearing him during the starter mission, especially talking to/about darvo had me laughing at it all over again.

Simply a way to keep him quiet when doing day to day things or only speaking for specific events (such as an inbox message, I loved that line) As well as letting him perk up during a quest lines and interacting with other characters.

Fixing him would be nice too, however I feel that I will miss out of amazing dialogue in the future if I do this.

Edited by cam-o-flage20

How do you feel about the MK-1 weapons being added to the market?

Don't care.  How about not letting founders buy them?

What is your opinion on damage that bypasses shields?

Don't have a huge problem with it.  It probably should be more rare though.

Do you think damage should be able to bypass shields in PvP?

Yes, but there should be trade offs.  Like less damage overall and/or have it be dealt over a much longer DOT. 

How do you feel about Ordis’ chatty demeanor?

Make it stop ;.;

Or at least let us stop it.

What’s your opinion on the current state of Silva & Aegis?

Needs more damage and less stamina.  The shield feels like an after thought.

What’s your opinion on the new UI?

If by UI you mean player ship, no offense, but it's buggy eye candy.

Trying to fix this poll. Cake or Pie?

Cake

Poll seems to be broken again... Star Wars or Star Trek?

Star trek

Edited by Aggh

Oh yeah, this is relevant here! https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/258077-buffing-starter-weapons-post-u14-edit/

Buff starter weapons so that they have better status chance to offset their low damage! Helps new players AND older player who are levelling them.

EDIT: I don't mean a massive buff, a proc-heavy with low base damage still means low proc damage.

And the threshold is to make them able to be levelled to 30 without being a massive slog. And a weapon that inflicts a small bleed, staggers, or weakens an enemy could give players a small opportunity to press on, regroup, or retreat.

Edited by Shion963

Oh yeah, this is relevant here! https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/258077-buffing-starter-weapons-post-u14-edit/

Buff starter weapons so that they have better status chance to offset their low damage! Helps new players AND older player who are levelling them.

And defeats the purpose of 'weaker' counterparts.

Building new weapons are meant to be upgrades. Some directly better in every sense

for bypassing shield damage It Should be only used by bosses and if not that it should be only used by one enemy in each faction Like Bombard from Grineer, And Toxic Ancient From Infested and MOAs in Corpus or you could only be used by Eximus Enemies to bypass shields for damage but should be nerfed a little bit it seems like it does not even matter if i have great health and shields when that happens im dead instantly if i dont have armor higher than 155 which in most cases are every frame except what 6 including the primes without primes 4 of them have 155 plus armor we need a increase on our armor I think every frame besides Valkyr Should get a 30% plus armor increase maybe and the ones that have 15 armor they dont even pack any damage anymore like they use too so its like you nerfed them and didnt buff they armor and health and shields i think if you lower any damage output on frames you should be buffing they health armor and shields maybe by 10% or 25% You can call it Armor 2.0 or you can utilize the armor thats for show and have each piece give a 10% increase on armor and when all pieces match you get a slightly higher armor base percentage than if you have multiple pieces of different armor pieces.

I voted other on the PvP possible damage through shields because it is a mix of yes and no. Why? I don't want the PvP to turn into tanking all the damage with rhino for he has the top ranked armor and his health and shields upgraded on top of that good luck taking him down. It really does promote "cookie cutter" builds that feel cheap and make me not want to touch PvP. I want all the Warframes to feel somewhat equal when it comes to PvP because seeing several different and effective builds is nice rather than tank it all.

You guys are still missing the point in regards to hot topics; and this "new" implementation is simply a way to railroad conversations towards your desired outcomes. I'll give an example:

1. It’s fine the way it is. Don’t touch it! (326 votes [20.71%])

2. It needs a nerf. Make the damage weaker. (347 votes [22.05%])

3. It needs a buff. Make the damage stronger. (32 votes [2.03%])

4. It should be more rare. Reduce the amount of enemies that use it. (658 votes [41.80%])

5. It should be more common. Increase the amount of enemies that use it. (26 votes [1.65%])

6. bullet_star_rated.png Other. (post an explanation below) (66 votes [4.19%])

7. No opinion on this topic

Where is the "I don't think this mechanic should exist" option?

And, while we're on the topic of unrepresented questions... where's the issue about me having to pay 18,000 credits every week or so for the privilege of having a Kubrow? Do you guys REALLY want to start down the path of having a "maintenance" mechanic, which only serves to kill your in-game currency and promote greed? You already have prime access- take this crap out, before it infects the whole game.

Edited by Th3Dean

Silva & Aegis

The only real Poll I had an opinion on. I personally feel as if the weapon had great potential to fill a very unique role, but instead found its way into a basic elemental weapon role instead. I haven't gotten around to skimming the topics on the forum for the weapon but I do think the weapon should have had an innate bonus for blocking. yeah more damage is whatever and reduced stamina on block is awesome, but wouldn't it be sweet if it shot flames outward in a small cone whenever you blocked an incoming melee attack making your opponent think twice about his/her choice of engagement. something flavorful like that is what I feel the Silva & Aegis should symbolize. Powerful defense that punishes those who get too close.

Alright, since the Kubrow topic is gaining some momentum, I suppose I'll toss my opinion in the boiling pot.

Regardless, of how many credits the DNA stabilizers cost, we have to consider the fact that credits are used for pretty much everything. Yeah, 100k credits might not be a big deal to some of you guys, but that doesn't mean it isn't a lot for everyone else. Someone else might be more convinced to spend 100k credits on something more permanent, like some Warframes, or weapons. Credits move fast in this game. As a friend told me, it doesn't matter how many credits you have, you always need more. It's not hard to find things to invest those credits into. We add to this fact that the DNA stabilizers are not a 1 time deal, but are a recurring payment makes it a major financial factor to consider when placed against everything else that costs credits.

Just a thought.

Edited by shadoWarbird

My opinion the stabilizers. 

You basically make them Pet sim pets, or action game pets in terms of that upkeep. 
An action game pet keeps the lifelike qualities that differentiate Kubrows from sentinels, but is low maintenance as well. No upkeep costs any more than petting or praising it every now and then. And if there is an upkeep, it is only to go above a baseline, it doesn't have the potential to detract from the pet. This is the preferred route for Warframe. No maintenance, or maintenance that only serves to go above a baseline, not detract from the pets capabilities.

Pet sim pets have an upkeep, but that upkeep is a resource almost exclusive to the pet, or the pet is capable of generating income on its own. Only if Kubrows are truly meant to be a pet sim within warframe, then they should follow protocol set by other pet sims. They generate their own revenue or they have a resource exclusive to their upkeep.

Mk-1 weapons on the market?

I could care less. I despise bows, don't care about the others. Good for newbies to try out different weapons.

Damage bypassing shields?
Right now the procs that punch through shields have no real counter. Anti-Toxin definitely doesn't work as advertised, and there's no bleed damage reduction mods. (A max rank Anti-Toxin only reduces damage to 82% of the base damage.)

Damage punch through shields during PVP?

Shields should full stop all incoming damage until shield breaks.

Silvia and Aegis need a general buff. 

It's kinda silly to get the most out of the weapon you need to do a full channeling damage build AND use a max strength Ember build to make it viable. At the VERY least, make it actually decrease stamina damage from blocking by a significant amount.

Ordis is fine and he's well voiced, I just don't want to keep hearing him after a certain point of time spent in the ship.

There definitely should be an option to mute the ship entirely.  We're not actually able to talk back to him and give him orders, ya know, which is a thing we'd actually be able to do if we were Tenno on this yappy ship.  We'd be able to instruct him to not initiate communication on his own and just respond to input.

Basically, even if he was the most charming and well-voiced character ever, he'd get old at some point, and that point happens faster for some folks than it does others.

Edited by (PS4)Hooligantuan

I feel this should BOTH be nerfed damage-wise and made more rare. Challenge is one thing, but the yield from shield-piercing damage is often so intense that I (or more often my pet) is just suddenly dead, from having been at full HP. It's just not fun. There are already plenty of reasons to diversify builds with damage 2.0 out, plus the fact that at higher levels enemies do enough damage to chew through shields fairly rapidly anyway (while spawning in on all sides, throwing grenades, pulling you with scorpion wire into a lane of fire, the list goes on), so you still need mods that increase health anyway for when your cover is suddenly / frequently blown and you're taking fire from all sides and have to frantically scramble to reach new cover when your shields have been torn right off. 

How about the decrease in frequency in which fusion cores drop now? Pre-U14 I would walk away from a game with 5-6 R3 cores per game, now it seems I can scarcely find one. Why did they all have to migrate to T4 survival and evolve into R10 super-cores?