Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow & Scavenge Interactivity Suggestion

crivers

NOTE: This isn't a bug per se it's more of a way to tell if the Kubrow tried to open a locked locker or not.

So I've been playing with my Raska Kubrow for a bit with a maxed out Scavenge mod* and on several occasions tried to several lockers that were red, the Kubrow did not attempt to pry one of them open. I've walked across them several times to see if he could pry one open and I wouldn't have known if his chance to open one was gone or not. It wasn't till I passed the same lockers later on in the game and he was finally able to open at least some of them. Compared to Master Thief, you can tell that you failed to open the locked locker just by standing in front of it and it doesn't open. I will say that this could have been me making the mistake or a bug itself.

My point is that maybe there should be an interaction to call the Kubrow and have it try to open the locker(s), and a separate animation for it failing to open the locker(s). This could be something like hacking a MOA spawner to get a friendly MOA to help out except you whistle at the Kubrow to come pry it open.

*Scavenge: Kubrow has a 15% chance to open locked lockers, similar to Master Thief, and at maxed it gives them a 90% to open locked lockers.

I didnt have your issues but i had issues with 2 Kubrows trying to open same locker, even if there is 5 or 6 of them around. And Kubrow that tries to open same locker 0.0001 second to late gets stuck.

Kubrows should have some direct players controls, like the frame powers. Press 5 to attack, 6 to scavange etc. Their percepts should be bound to some keys.

I didnt have your issues but i had issues with 2 Kubrows trying to open same locker, even if there is 5 or 6 of them around. And Kubrow that tries to open same locker 0.0001 second to late gets stuck.

Kubrows should have some direct players controls, like the frame powers. Press 5 to attack, 6 to scavange etc. Their percepts should be bound to some keys.

Maybe something like press 5 and there is a waypoint for the kubrow to do whatever ability is bound to 5

I tested out scavenge again and it seems like to be a navigational issue or something. Sometimes if the kubrow is right next to the locker it doesn't bother to open it but after running past it a couple more times it now decides to open it from a further position. Standing on top of the lockers sometimes help