Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should We Just Trade Our Serrations To New Players....for Free?

TheGuy08

Just an idea do not rip me a new one. Had a player in Sechura at rank 6 say,"Finally I got Serration." That seems a little ridiculous to me, I we know about the damaged mod but that seems insane to get to that rank and not even have serration. Right now I have 10 unranked serrations I probably will not rank and sell just sitting. I probably would mind giving them away but at the same time some of us may scam each other out of them. So maybe we should try to organize a way ot just give new player serration simply for QoL reasons?

Thoughts welcome.

I think each mastery rank should come with a set of mods. Undamaged serration could come at mastery rank 2 for example.

This is a very good idea, as it is now, the mod system is absolutely discouraging to new players.

A new guy joined my clan and it took us ages to get him Serration.  The worst thing was everytime someone else in the clan suggested trading it to him we had to explain that he couldn't trade yet because he hadn't completed the first mastery test because you have to use your primary and he didn't have Serration!  Catch 22.

I don't get why the new prologue can not give the new players regular mods instead of broken ones, it makes no sense.

I agree. Imho it doesn't seem like it would break the business model to just give it to players as they go along.

A new guy joined my clan and it took us ages to get him Serration.  The worst thing was everytime someone else in the clan suggested trading it to him we had to explain that he couldn't trade yet because he hadn't completed the first mastery test because you have to use your primary and he didn't have Serration!  Catch 22.

Very true the new tutorial should help with that but it really is an issue.

you say that like its a bad thing.

I think it is but the main problem with mod farming is the fact that the enemy drop tables look like they were created by monkeys facepalming on keyboards if we actually had reasonable drop tables I would not mind the grind as much.

I don't get why the new prologue can not give the new players regular mods instead of broken ones, it makes no sense.

A) It gives them something else to get later.

B) They are as good or better within the ranks available.

For example, Damaged Serration has a base cost of 2 meaning it can be put into a weapon at rank 2 without a Catalyst.  For a new player who can't take their weapon to a Dark Sector and gain 7 ranks in one mission this is actually quite important.  The damage per mod point ratio of Damaged Serration is also better than that of Uncommon Serration.  For 5 points (max cost for Damaged) you get 40% for Damaged compared to 30% for Uncommon.

Well, up to about m-rank 3 I had never found a serration, the first one I ever got was traded to me for free

(because the guy got mad and swore at me when he misread what I was trying to trade, then felt suuuuuper bad and was like yo "want a serration for free")... xD

...and I'm m-rank 7 now and I haven't found A SINGLE intensify even after farming alad V ungodly amounts of times, so I ended up buying one for like 6 plat.

so erm. yeh. in conclusion? RNG GOD HATES everybody CERTAIN PEOPLE. I keep spare rare mods, I guess if a new player ever asked I'd have no qualms about giving it to them for free.