Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 14.0.9

[DE]Rebecca

Then change them. I mean really it isn't hard.

I went through every single one of my warframes. Some look perfectly fine - even better than before - while others' colors looked too dark or too off. Guess what I did? I picked the same color, only not as dark or not as vibrant. Bam, everything looks perfect again.

Each and every one of the color pickers have multiple gradients for their colors. Just change the gradient you picked and you're fine.

"really it isn't hard."

the A B and C option of every Warframe and weapon in my arsenal is Arctic, Jungle and Desert camouflage, to suit the planetside tilesets. Each set utilizes lots of previously desaturated or faint colours to better blend in with the surroundings, since any highly-saturated colours stick out too much.

I've been through every colour palette (which I own all of), and there are NO adequate replacements to fit the same colours. The faintest of pale-blues from the Easter pack used to look almost white, like ice, and now they are pretty much a rich, sky-blue colour, which stands out like a flashing neon sign.

When you increase the saturation of every single colour, the least-saturated colours don't have a replacement option, so just keep that in mind before you tell people they should just "change the gradient"

The change in colours is absolutely horrible. The every darkest colour in every palette is now unusable because it's just pitch-black and look bad in every way, new Gamma palette is not "good old colours", it's just same Classis unsaturated palette with same ugly pitch-black colours. I'm really disappointed in this update

My Kubrow went from pure white to blue and brown!!!!! Its horrible!!!

Mine from pure white to green-grey with brown paws...

I mean, the pawes weren't even darker before, what the hell is this change about ?

I want my Kubrow back to pure white ._.

The new loading and transition sequences are really cool, but can you do something about the framerate chugging when loading into a mission with other players? I run WF off an SSD and am multithreading, too, so I doubt it's because it's streaming data to RAM. That is usually done very quickly.

It seemed worst with .9 so far, that is why I am mentioning it here.

It can last from a second to two, which is annoying and sometimes a bit worrying, but I had a complete lock-up Warframe once in .9, without any system- or GPU-overheat*, which required killing the process from the task-manager.

Not really sure if it is necessary to have the display output chug and stutter just because network communication is going on not as fluently as it could (even though a lot of especially console games do that with loading data into RAM). We all have multiple core systems by now and I have multithreading on, so I'd have guessed that communication and graphic processing runs independently.

Netcode overall could be a bit better, too, as half the vault runs I did disintegrated for one reason or another either during load-up or even before going into the transition cutscene (some must also have been the Team Menu - mission accept button etc - bugging out for the host, I heard that happening a lot lately).

Thankfully, I haven't had an endless 'Please wait...' prompt when joining a team that apparently just dissolved anymore. Either you fixed that or I just got lucky lately. That one, too, needed to kill the process and a restart to be fixed.

Also:

I found 5 eggs before 14.0.9, so about one every 12 hours of grinding Earth solo with my Nekros.

Today, I found one every hour, six so far (with a little break) since .9 hit.

Either I am incredibly (pointlessly) lucky, or you boosted the drop-rate.

Thanks, that's nice, as in a bit more reasonable.

*I monitor gpu-heat, -usage and network traffic on the second screen.

Dear DE,

Thank you for royally @(*()$ up the colour designs I worked very hard to perfect and was in love with. Now all my frames are a putrid overly-dark and/or saturated muck that seems unfixable because none of my colours I used before are as saturated and these colours now, and NO, the single low-gamma colour pack does NOT help.

Why couldn't it be made an option? Why isn't there a slider adjustment for this? Why do we HAVE to switch to the new high-gamma colours? It wrecked all of my frames.

Sincerely,

Saso

Ineed this update did "royally @(*()$ up the colour designs". And yeah, WHY can't we just have control over the color saturation? Why can't we have a choice of washed out colors? I paid for my color pallettes and put effort in my color customisation, and I expect so many others. We want to be able to have the means to recreate all the colors that were lost due to this patch. I am sure you can easily find some way to compromise allowing us to have an option to tweak the color saturation and keep the new tweak at the same time. Give us a silder or something. ;_; I cant bear to even log in any more every time I see the so called "Rainbow Vomit" everywhere. I enjoy the game more when the characters look nicer and the way we want them to look.

I wouldn't mind, though, if somehow you were able to list the new default colors (that are NOT part of the Tenno pallete) somehwere. Mainly because I wanted to match (again) the Noru Prime Syandana on Excalibur Prime, but I can't find the right tone among them... (and defaults are not makred on the pallets, sadly).

So I need to fix colors for most of my frames now. At least my Nekros won't look pink anymore!

Congradulations, DE. You just successfully broke Warframe. Players can no longer enter parties or games. ^^

Seriously, ive asked every player I know, nobody can enter a game or party.

I can enter squads/parties and in squad chat with the other squad members.

The game just DOESN'T ALLOW ME TO PLAY WITH THEM OR LEAVE THE SQUAD.

That's a BIG hotfix.

Could we get the colors back the way they were before? Or at least an option to have them back? Because right now, Warframe is Clownframe. It's all either too bright or too dark or waaayyy too saturated. Took me an hour to get my frames to look less fugly...^^'

Plox DE roll back the color change... Pretty please.^^'

DE pls fix those colors they look so darker and ugly i cant even look at any of my frames i love their pre-hotfix colors :(

That's why they gave you the gamma color pack so you can use the washed out versons; Long story short, get over it they arn't going back, because this is how they want the game to be. And it's their game so how they want it, superceeds how we want it.

Are you guys seriously trying to drive away more players? If I didn't invest a dime in this game, I would've been thinking about that by now.

I understand that you had to define the color contrast of the Kubrows (even though I don't know how mine ended up from cream and slate to @(*()$ BLACK and POO BROWN. Seriously, it looks like a love child of a German Shep and a Hyena), but why the hell do you have to change the Warframe's palettes too?! THEY WERE PERFECTLY FINE! Some of us do love subtlety, you know. Thanks a lot for this, DE. Now, I have a handful of color packs (which I purchased) that I absolutely have no use for.

Edit:

And don't even think that stupid free palette would make up for it. No thanks. I'd rather have the platinum I spent or go back to the way it was.

Edited by iTsMeTiTsMcGee

This has probably been mentioned before here( I know it's been said in countless other threads), but there is still no way to get rid of kubrows. Unless one doesn't have a heart and commits the cruel cruel cruel cruel cruel cruel cruel act of letting them starve to death. Seriously though, if we can sell everything else in the game, (frames/sentinels/parts) why not Kuborws? I know a lot of people ended up with two of the same type of kubrow and want to get rid of one of them. And I agree with others that there should be a way to easily get rid of your pets, because i'm not going to buy a bunch of stasis slots when I realistically only need 4(one for each type of kubrow).

Where's that "desaturated" color pack we're meant to receive to compensate with the ugly bleeding colors ? And what about the 75 plats palettes I bought that are now useless ?

Sorry but after 18 months playing with certain color gamut these actually burn my eyes. Now my Warframe looks like GI joe action figures, that's not what I supported the game for...

You're on a sloppy path UbiSoft and EA already took before you DE... 

Waiting for 14.0.9.1 the color patch to play again.

Edited by kebra

Everyone here is complaining about the colours. That's something minor, you know what needs to be addressed? The fact that some of my friends, along with myself, and who knows how many other people, are crashing in pretty much EVERY MISSION THEY HAVE PLAYED since this hotfix.

This needs to be addressed ASAP, I can't even do 5 waves of a freaking defense mission anymore, god knows how I even managed to finish the reactor alert.

EDIT: Let's not forget, if I manage to complete a mission and there are alerts up, there's a fairly good chance that they won't show up on my navigation console.

DE, I know update 14 has brought a lot of issues, and you're trying to keep on top of bugs, but these NEED to be addressed.

Edited by LunarSatan