Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Want My Color Set Fixed. You Ruined The Tenno Set.

Zantos54

I think what a lot of people supporting this fail to realize on the side of those displeased with this change is that many of us, prepatch, previewed the packs on our warframes and bought said packs for the colors that we saw at that point in time. And now that they are not what we saw at that point in time, we're damn pi$$ed about it.

Well even when I bought color packs pre patch they weren't the same thing I payed for. On some of them (infested) the swatches were radically different. 

Well even when I bought color packs pre patch they weren't the same thing I payed for. On some of them (infested) the swatches were radically different. 

I'm not entirely certain if you caught my point. I previewed the color packs pre-patch, said "hey, I like how these colors are in these packs," and bought them. That is what I payed for, and I payed for it because what I saw is what I wanted. And now it is not.

Edited by BizarreFetalChimpanzee

FYI: colours were broken. You had different colour on the palette and different on your frame. It needed a fix.

Even if they were "broken" it seems like the artists had to design the frames with the resulting color; if you look at some of the default color schemes, they're too dark now.

Edit: Had to check again; looks like I might've changed some colors because I set the colors to default and they're fine now.

Edited by Someguy316

FYI: colours were broken. You had different colour on the palette and different on your frame. It needed a fix.

I, for one, didn't buy the palettes for how the colours looked in those 10*10 px squares, but how they looked on my frame. And if they looked different - well, there was about half a screen between the palette and the coloured part, with all kinds of stuff and colours in between. The only way I could tell was, if I had taken a screenshot and moved those two parts next to each other in Gimp or whatever.

Something DE might wanna consider is re-releasing all the old color palettes so people can adjust colors accordingly based on the new correction. A lot of people are missing out on holiday colors that are a good replacement for colors they liked before.

The marked things are not bugs. That is a FX to remind you, you died with that frame already.

Usually this animates and gets even worse, when your revives get close to 0.

what? im not sure what your talking about, my rank fasing in and out or my frame glowing after revive... >  >?

There really needs to be a way to take back upvotes :)  I accidentally hit upvote on Kurrumitsumi's post a couple above mine because I misread it. lol.

Sorry Kurrumitsumi, to me the Tenno pack looks completely different than the one I bought - both on the frames and in the palette. 

ha ha! its too late! the upvote is mine!!!

well your fix changed  all the colors - color that where bought for there specif  look and a lot of us spent a lot of time  getting it just right .

so changing all the colors  and give one color free  only ends up annoying us all .  

Ps - DE if you don't like some stop changing the entire system !!!!  

Ps - DE if you don't like some stop changing the entire system !!!!  

Well, the system was broken. The engine is rendering colors in a totally different way now, there's no way to just change some and leave the others AFAIK. Not to mention the new ones are a significant improvement.

Sorry for the grief guys - I posted a dev workshop earlier on this : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/273383-upcoming-color-customization-fix-planned-for-hotfix-1409/

I hope you can accept my reasoning I laid out there ... :(

People can call it white knighting or whatever but 9/10, your community complains first before trying to make an adjustment.   I have literally re-created all my color sets by just switching colors around.   And even came up with brand new schemes due to the color fix.  I'm at the point on this forum where I'm not taking nobodies word and heart ache if I don't see any visual proof of their grief.  

Anyway...good job Steve, I personally like the new colors.  I spent maybe a hour and some change creating new schemes for almost all the Warframes....with no chip on my shoulder.

I for one am happy that I have actual color variety. Now all the lighter colors are useful. Big deal all.. Get over it. If its a bug its going to get fixed. Everything from colors to wall climbing. You all love this game for the dev's vision... This is how it was always supposed to be in the dev's vision. At the end of the day it is color. We have so many of them anyway you can move it up a shade, or recalibrate your monitor settings.

This is how it was always supposed to be in the dev's vision. 

See, that's the thing. It's not. The devs have been playing the same game we have, and have been looking at all the same color we have, bugged gamma and all. Their choices for color packs and warframe colors were made because of how they looked before this hotfix. How do I know?

Take a look at the default Tenno colors, and the Tenno Color pack. That pack in particular, and all of the default colors on Warframes were adjusted in an attempt to make the new default colors match the old pre-hotfix colors. DE desaturated them. Why would they do that if all the new colors were how they actually intended them to be? They simply wouldn't. They attempted to recreate the old colors that were lost because of this fix.

I'm not trying to get all conspiracy theorist up in here, cause that's silly. But it does show that the old colors were not just a mistake that's now being fixed. Those colors were put into packs because of how they looked on the frames, not their icon.

People don't have to come running to their rescue people some of us are upset. I just want a compromise that makes everyone happy, including people like vaugahn.

Edited by Charismo

For some of the people who say their colors are now too saturated, you have to go back and change each color, usually a shade lighter (usually one square to the right), and it will look just as it did before the fix.

Actually no it wont.  I used the right most grineer brown on some frames, now even the left most grineer brown is darker than what I had.  While the Grineer pallet is the only pallet I have with brown on it but it no longer has muddy browns (the reason I bought it, along with the faded greens), as the other lines have subtle yellow or green tinges to them.

Aso the smoke pallet got add because players asked for a true black and many of the other palets didnt have a true black on them, it tended to be a tinted black.  Guess what alot of those pallets now have a true black and no tinted blacks.  So the smoke pack is now completly superflous and simply no longer needed.

I'm also not sure how the art team just didnt notice this long before now (we have been using these pallets over a year) given that all their art outside of the game would have looked less washed out than the colours within the game.  Was it decided to just live with it before kubrow?

Edited by Loswaith

Meh.  I cannot attain the same extremely pleasant gunmetal blues/blue blacks, and my kubrow is this ugly brown with green lips and eyes and stuff and looks like puke.  Not particularly pleased.  If I could get my blueblacks back that have a faded tint to them I'd at least be happy there though.

Really not happy that most of my favorite colors are completely wiped out though.  I cannot attain the same browns or anything and now many of the colors are far too saturated for my liking.  Too sharp and abrupt, no subtlety.  ):<

Edited by LordTrent

I'm sorry I'm not one to complain normally but with this fix a lot of the colour packs have now become less vibrant.  Most if not all dark colours are now so dark they look black, or moving to lighten they are an ugly wash out of the color there is no middle ground.  I always used the storm colours because the red had that deep rich color that stood out without being blinding bright like most of the standard.  I understand the need to fix the bug but feel it may have been over corrected, if at all possible it would be nice if the colors could be less washed and more vibrant, its what makes changing your look fun.

Most of the issue with the color shades looks to be caused by the lights in that area of the ship out in the front the colors look normal.  But maybe I'm just seeing things?

Edited by Cherno_Gypsy

nothing but i guess it was cool in his mind

Alright I'll make it clear for you. Excal prime is a game asset that was promised to only ever be for founders. In fact so much so it was never released on the PS4 (due to a seperate argument that caused). If they bait and switched a ton of people on colors the people had boughten for that look, what makes excal prime off limits for them to sell after saying they wouldn't? (And no, saying "The DE's can be sued" won't fly in any court dealing with people vs companies in this day and age for an in house asset like that. They'll lawyer up and say "well design sort of went that way and you all signed a ToS".). The ToS argument can be used to unexclusify excal prime or just about any exclusive gear at the moment. DE didn't do it so far since it would upset a good segement of the player base, but as you can see with the colors and a few other design decisions, they aren't afraid to make people upset anymore. Get used to the ToS argument being used a lot now and remember where you heard it first from.

Alright I'll make it clear for you. Excal prime is a game asset that was promised to only ever be for founders. In fact so much so it was never released on the PS4 (due to a seperate argument that caused). If they bait and switched a ton of people on colors the people had boughten for that look, what makes excal prime off limits for them to sell after saying they wouldn't? (And no, saying "The DE's can be sued" won't fly in any court dealing with people vs companies in this day and age for an in house asset like that. They'll lawyer up and say "well design sort of went that way and you all signed a ToS".). The ToS argument can be used to unexclusify excal prime or just about any exclusive gear at the moment. DE didn't do it so far since it would upset a good segement of the player base, but as you can see with the colors and a few other design decisions, they aren't afraid to make people upset anymore. Get used to the ToS argument being used a lot now and remember where you heard it first from.

No, not really. The founder's package was marketed as an exclusive. Nobody would go to court over it, but ToS doesn't cover false marketing. If they hadn't said excal prime was an exclusive they could get away with it, but since they did if they re-released it there's a possibility thy could get in actual trouble. I don't know what false advertising laws are like in Canada, but over here small businesses can get in serious deep water if they mess up. 

No, not really. The founder's package was marketed as an exclusive. Nobody would go to court over it, but ToS doesn't cover false marketing. If they hadn't said excal prime was an exclusive they could get away with it, but since they did if they re-released it there's a possibility thy could get in actual trouble. I don't know what false advertising laws are like in Canada, but over here small businesses can get in serious deep water if they mess up. 

I buy they might get in some hot water. So who's going to hold their feet to the fire? When you think about it the ToS can weigh very easily to a judge who arbitrates these cases. Since DE knows the design, they'll just say development  is in beta, it went that way and here is your newly named "Founder Excal Prime" to make up for the loss. Judge - "Yep sounds about right, eat it guys". The only thing really holding them back is they didn't want to anger the assorted userbases they had here. It's quite clear that is no longer an issue for them with the bait and switch going on with the colors.

I buy they might get in some hot water. So who's going to hold their feet to the fire? When you think about it the ToS can weigh very easily to a judge who arbitrates these cases. Since DE knows the design, they'll just say development  is in beta, it went that way and here is your newly named "Founder Excal Prime" to make up for the loss. Judge - "Yep sounds about right, eat it guys". The only thing really holding them back is they didn't want to anger the assorted userbases they had here. It's quite clear that is no longer an issue for them with the bait and switch going on with the colors.

Take this off-topic flame bait out of here.

Now all the lighter colors are useful. Big deal all..

But at the same time, all darker colours are only shades of black now. And that IS a big deal if you based your colour scheme on those and don't find an adequate replacement e.g. for the darkest blue from Classic Saturated any more. I don't want my frames to shine like a neon sign, so I had to switch to an almost entirely grey scheme.

Also jumping on the bandwagon here. I really would like my old Tenno set back. I've bought it specifically for a bunch of colors that now turned pretty much into something I'd never use.

Kudos for giving us the Gamma palette for free, but that doesn't exactly give me the colors back that I lost.

I understand that things you buy in a (rather perpetual) beta are subject to change. I realize that when I buy a certain frame or weapon that it might be subject to future buffs and / or nerfs and that's a risk I expect and am or am not willing to take.

But let's be honest: no one expects the Spanish Inquisition something you bought that merely affects the look - especially if it's the coloring - to change so drastically you have a hard time even recognizing what it was before.

Edited by Dusklite