Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Want My Color Set Fixed. You Ruined The Tenno Set.

Zantos54

S#&$, I'd rather have every single color pack that we own come with a "desaturated" version that is similar to what it was like before. The Gamma set is only a desaturation of the Classic. I want one for Grineer, Smoke, Tenno, Easter, Halloween, and while you're at it, why not give me classic for free? Why? Because now classic is what Classic Saturated used to be. I bought Classic Saturated for a reason, and now that Classic is closer to what I want than Saturated, I'd like to be reimbursed. Gamma is what Classic used to be, and I didn't buy Classic for a reason. 

Just putting this out there, guys he was trying to fix the colours. Big whoop. The colours from the palette actually match the colour that shows on your warframe, which is very nice. No reason to flame on a Dev about something that was being fixed. Don't like the colours? Is it seriously that big of a deal to just wait until later and get another colour palette that you like?

Also, just throwing this out there as well, it's not that "most" of you disagree, it's that the people who complain about it are the people that you see making the posts on the forums, while everyone else is out there enjoying the new colour schemes. It's just a game guys, no need to flip tables.

A thank you from me to the Devs, all of the hard work is appreciated believe it or not. :)

Edited by -DarkRaine

The colours from the palette actually match the colour that shows on your warframe, which is very nice.

Which is a pretty crappy argument, if you think about it. See my response back on page 4.

Don't like the colours? Is it seriously that big of a deal to just wait until later and get another colour palette that you like?

And until then, I'm sitting here with about half a dozen palettes for which I payed 75 plat each and that I can't use anymore, because I end up looking like some children's colouring book, no matter what.

You can't expect everyone to bring their knee pads and chapstick for every decision DE makes... This totally changes the whole aesthetic of Warframes, and in a decidedly distasteful and weeb sort of way. We, as the players; are asking for an option out of the Technicolor ejaculate that the Warframes have become, and we hope that DE will listen. Else we take our business elsewhere.

Edited by Phaedruslives

You can't explain everyone to bring their knee pads and chapstick for every decision DE makes... This totally changes the whole aesthetic of Warframes, and in a decidedly distasteful and weeb sort of way. We, as the players; are asking for an option out of the Technicolor ejaculate that the Warframes have become, and we hope that DE will listen. Else we take our business elsewhere.

Your point is so hilariously well put and to the point of what many of us are thinking. +1

Edited by BizarreFetalChimpanzee

There is going to be a free pre-fix color pack sent out in your inbox.

the gamma set? yeh it fixes the colors on the standart palette ... sadly though i have not used the standart palette but Twilight, Shadow, Storm, Ice and Fire ... i need the pre-"fix" colors for this sets not the standart set

The Gamma palette fixes nothing. The colors are still much brighter and more saturated than the classic colors, and I continue to be amazed how few people can recognize that. I wish people could also recognize that we're raging because we -do- care. How many other brightly color F2P games are out there? Could you even come close to finishing the list? It's a sad trend in gaming and Warframe seemed defiant of it until this change. I'm glad that so many of you enjoy Crass, garish colors. But I do not, and I'm not alone in that.

Just putting this out there, guys he was trying to fix the colours. Big whoop. The colours from the palette actually match the colour that shows on your warframe, which is very nice. No reason to flame on a Dev about something that was being fixed. Don't like the colours? Is it seriously that big of a deal to just wait until later and get another colour palette that you like?

Also, just throwing this out there as well, it's not that "most" of you disagree, it's that the people who complain about it are the people that you see making the posts on the forums, while everyone else is out there enjoying the new colour schemes. It's just a game guys, no need to flip tables.

A thank you from me to the Devs, all of the hard work is appreciated believe it or not. :)

I'm sorry? You are some kind of ignorant. Colossally ignorant.

Essentially NONE of the previous colors are available anymore. We spent REAL MONEY to get the colors we chose, and now they are NO LONGER AVAILABLE because someone "fixed" a bug.

You know what they could've done instead of change EVERY SINGLE COLOR IN THE GAME!? Add a new color palette with the "fix" colors.

Now three of the palettes I bought with REAL MONEY no longer contain the colors I bought them for. How is that acceptable? Would you like if they changed every single one of Mirage's skills to do something else and said they all had bugs after you paid real money for plat to buy the bundle? 

No, you wouldn't, and don't lie and say you would. You buy what you want based on what you see and read, so please keep your White Knighting for a thread where it is actually relevant. Not here where consumers were legitimately shat on.

Edited by DavidSPD

S#&$, I'd rather have every single color pack that we own come with a "desaturated" version that is similar to what it was like before. The Gamma set is only a desaturation of the Classic. I want one for Grineer, Smoke, Tenno, Easter, Halloween, and while you're at it, why not give me classic for free? Why? Because now classic is what Classic Saturated used to be. I bought Classic Saturated for a reason, and now that Classic is closer to what I want than Saturated, I'd like to be reimbursed. Gamma is what Classic used to be, and I didn't buy Classic for a reason. 

This post is literally perfect reason in which I'm extremely bothered by that stupid hotfix. I also love how DE is blatantly not saying anything and leaving us to deal with their almighty decision to ruin color palettes we payed to have as they once were.

Essentially NONE of the previous colors are available anymore. We spent REAL MONEY to get the colors we chose, and now they are NO LONGER AVAILABLE because someone "fixed" a bug.

You know what they could've done instead of change EVERY SINGLE COLOR IN THE GAME!? Add a new color palette with the "fix" colors.

Now three of the palettes I bought with REAL MONEY no longer contain the colors I bought them for. How is that acceptable? Would you like if they changed every single one of Mirage's skills to do something else and said they all had bugs after you paid real money for plat to buy the bundle? 

No, you wouldn't, and don't lie and say you would. You buy what you want based on what you see and read, so please keep your White Knighting for a thread where it is actually relevant. Not here where consumers were legitimately shat on.

tumblr_mbgbgqBKzm1rn1ynj.jpg

WTT Gamma for old Tenno palette.

Seriously, that palette shouldn't have changed with the defaults, even if it was a "default" palette. People don't buy color palettes for that which they are representing, they buy them for the colors they see and like. Changing one shouldn't have affected the other at all.

Actually, no, they couldn't. Because the bug they fixed was a wrong "translation" between their own way to describe what a colour looks like and the standardized and rather ancient sRGB that your computer uses. Before the fix, it was a bit like Monty Python's

, if that makes it easier for you to imagine.

So, while I understand that they needed to be fixed, I don't quite understand why they procrastinated it for so long. And I don't quite understand, why they took the time to correct the default colours of every single frame, but not the palettes in general. However, I do hope that the art team is already working on those and we'll get the corrected versions with U14.1.x ...

Edited by Bibliothekar

Still not understanding how fixing a bug equals changing all colors. I have no problems with anyone fixing a bug, however, I think we can all agree that people who paid for certain palletes checked the look of the colors to see how they matched on their warframe before buying them. Consequently I have to strongly disagree with how the fix was deployed. Granted how I would have deployed a fix might have taken longer but it's probably the best way to approach it. First you design a fix, then you set up color pickers that match (or closley match as much as possible) the colors the people paid plat with. To the end user, the only thing that would have changed was the square colors on the color pickers themselves and then DE could sell a correct color set at a later date. (You keep all the old colors and you have a host of color sets you can now sell the masses). The only bad thing this approach would have caused would be a delay in deployment of the color fix (it takes time and skilled eyes to match colors of the old palletes).

As it stands the way this was deployed, it basically took what a consumer bought and changed it into something they didn't want. Also because real money was laid down on some of this, people might start asking for refunds in droves since these are not the colors they purchased (and they would be well within their rights to since it was never announced in plain letters on the store that the colors were subject to change). Maybe the colors were a bug, but then one could make the argument DE should have never sold the palletes knowing the colors were not final.

Edited by Trajhenkhetlive

Still not understanding how fixing a bug equals changing all colors.

Try of a mathematical explanation:

DE uses one way to describe a colour (their "Linear" value), while your computer uses another way (sRGB). To translate between those two ways, DE wrote an equation. But they made a mistake and every time you put a number in the equation, the result was off by, say, 5. Now, instead of going back right away and correcting their equation, DE "corrected" their initial numbers so they got the right result.

Finally, in U14.0.9, they corrected their equation, because changing the initial value didn't work for the Kubrows (for whatever reason - I guess their fur is somehow different). Now they get the right result for any given number. But since they "corrected" the initial values of the colours used in the palettes to fit their wrong equation, now all results for those are off again.

Edited by Bibliothekar

Try of a mathematical explanation:

DE uses one way to describe a colour (their "Linear" value), while your computer uses another way (sRGB). To translate between those two ways, DE wrote an equation. But they made a mistake and every time you put a number in the equation, the result was off by, say, 5. Now, instead of going back right away and correcting their equation, DE "corrected" their initial numbers so they got the right result.

Finally, in U14.0.9, they corrected their equation, because changing the initial value didn't work for the Kubrows (for whatever reason - I guess their fur is somehow different). Now they get the right result for any given number. But since they "corrected" the initial values of the colours used in the palettes to fit their wrong equation, now all results for those are off again.

This holds true for the other colors changing the way they look, but if you take a look at the Tenno palette it's in no way only this. Even the changelog for that hotfix stated explicitly that they changed all gamma values for the Tenno palette under the section "Changes". The rest of the colors got more saturated (and darker) as stated by Steve, but the Tenno palette went into the exact opposite direction.

people like you doesnt deserve to live anymore : )

There's a reason why I don't get on the forums very often, and it's because of A-holes like you two. <3

@DavidSPD P.S. I only got the profile pics of Mirage with plat, but I built her. Cool story bro.

@paplo Reported. That's a pretty horrible thing to tell ANYONE. Defiantly NOT needed on a game forum.

"So, think about it this way, your talking S#&$ about the game, and are probably getting ready to quit, JUST because the colours are different and DE fixed a bug. If you look at it that way, it's pretty sad to see this reaction." - SteeJans

Edited by YukiArai

There's a reason why I don't get on the forums very often, and it's because of A-holes like you two. <3

@DavidSPD P.S. I only got the profile pics of Mirage with plat, but I built her. Cool story bro.

@paplo Reported. That's a pretty horrible thing to tell ANYONE. Defiantly NOT needed on a game forum.

"So, think about it this way, your talking S#&$ about the game, and are probably getting ready to quit, JUST because the colours are different and DE fixed a bug. If you look at it that way, it's pretty sad to see this reaction." - SteeJans

What paplo said was so far over the line he can't even see it.

However what you said didn't even reply to what DavidSPD was trying to explain(albeit in an angry way) instead you lumped him in with paplo and called them both A-holes, that makes you just as bad as DavidSPD who called you colossally ignorant.

It was a bug originally, however no one noticed it because all the colours were created with the bug in mind, it became part of their system and stopped being a bug. The devs have been playing with and working within the confines of this system and creating colour sets with it in mind, it was only when the kubrow colours weren't adapted in the same way that they noticed it. This meant that the 'fix' actually broke many of the palettes beyond the original couple because they were created for the old gamma correction and completely redefined the look of the colour sets that people were used to and had paid for.

So we end up here, in the art feedback subforum, in a thread giving feedback that people didn't like losing the old colours completely like that and you stepped in and tried to completely dismiss their legitimate feedback, surely you can understand why people would be annoyed at you for that(again paplo took it too far)?

Anyway the issue is resolved, DE Steve empathized with the feedback and so the colours will be toggleable and visible to other players as so. Yeah people take the rage too far sometimes but don't simply dismiss them because of it, it's not conducive to a good discussion which is important to any forums.

So for listening to the (sometimes overreacting)feedback of players and not dismissing it, while still keeping the fans of the new colours happy too:

"A thank you from me to the Devs, all of the hard work is appreciated believe it or not" even if it doesn't always go to plan the first time.

Edited by YourFriendlyNoggin

DE, don't after almost a year and a half say you "fixed" a colour bug. See the thing is, people paid real money for the palette of their choice and now their original choice has been "fixed". I know the Gamma palette was intended to make everyone happy but I'll never be able to get my old looks back even when trying to re colour everything.

Can you just put a slider in the UI to be able to choose the old "bugged" colour palette?

Just a heads-up: Tenno legacy palette is even more broken right now. That leads me to believe it was a bug in the first place. Legacy Tenno is even brighter and more desaturated.

^ This is my problem. The tenno color pack is still broken. Legacy makes it worse.

Edited by OrphanMaker