Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Still No Way To Get Rid Of Kubrows?

Xianyu

This wouldn't be happening if DE just gave us a simple feature to remove a Kubrow from our ship permanently.

I think they didnt include this because they want this to sort of act like a secondary warframe and with warframes.... you need to buy slots.

But at this moment there isnt enough kinds of kubs to need that many more slots.

But they really need to get on this quick because now in the trade forum we are seeing a growing amount of brand new accounts and accounts with 0 posts start popping up. It seems that people are starting to get alternate accounts to get more space for kubs or be kub mules. Which i find funny cause some of these no-post-new accounts have several kubs selling for hundreds of plat. Apparently, making an alternate account is easier for space instead of spending 10p for the space from those hundred plat sales. Or it may be that with alternate accounts they can pop out more kubs.

They need to get on this quick cause it's beginning to get nutty.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

i would like to add another "kubrow removal idea" to the list that is wherever right now so here goes:

first off, re-add the DNA scrambler BUT in this manner. Whenever you use the scrambler it saps anywhere from 20 to 100% of your kubrow's Dna Integrity.

Not only will this give people the ability to get different colors (and sizes?) for the space dogs... it will add a credit-sink (in the form of buying more stablizers if you actually want to keep the kubrow) while also giving us the ability to speed up the 0% dna death.

Of course i'd hope a non lethal way of removing the kubrows would come around to be nice as well, but right now we just need something that works. 

I think they didnt include this because they want this to sort of act like a secondary warframe and with warframes.... you need to buy slots.

But at this moment there isnt enough kinds of kubs to need that many more slots.

But they really need to get on this quick because now in the trade channel we are seeing a growing about of brand new accounts and accounts with 0 posts start popping up. It seems that people are starting to get alternate accounts to get more space for kubs or be kub mules. Which i find funny cause some of these no post new accounts have several kubs selling for hundreds of plat. Apparently, making an alternate account is easier for space instead of spending 10 for the space from those hundred plat sales. Or it may be that with alternate accounts they can pop out more kubs.

They need to get on this quick cause it's beginning to get nutty.

It's EXACTLY like warframe slots.

Except here's the kicker: You don't randomly get a warframe, so you never get a double. And if you do, in a moment of idiocy, get a redundant warframe by accident, you can SELL THE @(*()$ THING!

Something that you cannot do with Kubrows.

F*** it, I guess I'm not playing warframe until there is.

I want to raise kubrows.

Denying us a way to get more Kubrows without buying THIRTY GODDAMN STASIS SLOTS is really putting me off this game.

Is it really so hard to understand the simple economic fact that forcing us to buy stasis slots for a creature that is inherently random is @(*()$ garbage.

'YAY YOU CAN GET SO MANY KUBROWS!'

Yeah, I can three of the exact same goddamn kubrow and have no way of getting rid of them.

There is no guarantee that my next four won't be the same kubrow, either! I am not wasting my platinum buying stasis slots because of this S#&$.

My Kubrow was forcefully removed from my inventory. I learned that the Kubrow DNA stability is actually its health bar (and not just a buff bar for health), if it hits -100% your Kubrow will die... FOREVER and be removed from your inventory. 

So you can remove it from your inventory if you don't give it stabilizers like I refused to because I didn't care if my Kubrow didnt get the extra health. Only issue is it takes time.

Edited by Legonist

My Kubrow was forcefully removed from my inventory. I learned that the Kubrow DNA stability is actually its health bar (and not just a buff bar for health), if it hits -100% your Kubrow will die... FOREVER and be removed from your inventory. 

So you can remove it from your inventory if you don't give it stabilizers like I refused to because I didn't care if my Kubrow didnt get the extra health. Only issue is it takes time.

Twenty. Goddamn. Days.

That's how much 'time' it takes to get rid of one kubrow.

My current stock of kubrows, when I decided to stop playing because of this money-grubbing garbage, I had two redundant kubrows.

Maybe one of them would have died already.

If I had my way, I'd have six-eight stasis slots and just have them constantly rotating out new kubrows, taking the DNA imprints of the good ones and tossing out the trash. But nope, they had to go the penny-pinching way and I have decided to no longer give them any money.

Hilarious, as I was happily paying the 15 plat for speeding up the hatching process.

Hell, if there was an option to speed the maturity so I didn't have to wait the 24 hours for it to grow up? I'd use that, too. I'd use that happily.

Kubrows are the most money grabbing thing yet, and it bothers me. I fear this is a sign of things to come. The sheer amount of time-walls put into one feature is astonishing. 

Egg-phase, fine. One time-wall is enough to get some platinum used.

Puppy-phase? Pointless added on time-wall.

Stasis? Pointless added on time-wall.

Unable to use Kubrow during genetic copying? Pointless added on time-wall.

Can't delete Kubrows which is the only thing in game that has slots and can't be removed? Sickening. 

The fact DE even pushed this out is worrying. 
Edited by Jrgsubzero

Kubrows are the most money grabbing thing yet, and it bothers me. I fear this is a sign of things to come. The sheer amount of time-walls put into one feature is astonishing. 

Egg-phase, fine. One time-wall is enough to get some platinum used.

Puppy-phase? Pointless added on time-wall.

Stasis? Pointless added on time-wall.

Unable to use Kubrow during genetic copying? Pointless added on time-wall.

Can't delete Kubrows which is the only thing in game that has slots and can't be removed? Sickening. 

The fact DE even pushed this out is worrying. 

Don't forget that eggs themselves are stupidly rare, forcing you to pointlessly farm for hours or pay play to get an egg!

But that section of it is at least done right. Either pay ten play for an egg, or farm. That's perfect. Combined with all the time-walls and everything, though? Urgh.

to all the people who are complaining about the time it takes to get a kubrow, from egg to full maturity, get your own thread and go discuss it there.

This thread is simply a call for a more efficient, effective way to get rid of unwanted kubrows, which DE will put into the game. Why anyone continues to sink plat into stasis slots is beyond me when everyone knows they are working on a solution... I'd suggest a few assumptions for this ...whatever this behavior is...but I don't want to be rude.

Edited by kalikilic

EGO and gambling .i dont know  ...why

they keep pulling the string 

to have a  nice kubrow   they need our platin

all my kubrows are huras  and 2 are  twins

hopping to get another type, i spend the  plat i get from the inprints on stasis chambers  and now they are getting dust ..i would  like  to let them go back to earth

or if  you really want  to be  more cruel than this already is  make a kubrow pvp .. were ppl watch kubrows figth and  bet on them, the  bets only platinum of  course wath else .ok im out for  bad ideas  they already are on top

Supposedly they will die if you don't use stabilizers and keep them out of stasis, but given integrity goes down by 20% per day and likely has to go to -100% for it to happen (the graph has negative values, "0" is just the halfway point where they're no longer getting a bonus), it's not practical since it requires waiting about 10 days.

I believe so. Of course, people might have "moral" issues with that option too, since ostensibly it means condemning them to certain death anyway since our Doges can't survive in the wild due to having defective DNA.

A better option (in my opinion) would be something like a dojo kennel and treat them like specters, i.e. being able to donate them to participate in rail conflicts or barring that, being able to sell them to civilians/resistance groups or some such.

Regardless, we need some practical method to clear them from our inventory (waiting for them to starve ain't practical). It utterly kills the viability of selectively breeding a Doge you really want, since the ones with traits you don't want will currently end up clogging your inventory. >:(

I agree with this completely, I personally don't have any ridiculous moral high ground to stand on regarding the disposal of a virtual pet ( I mean for christ sake, dropping a Kubrow out of an airlock could be considered rather humane considering the kind of stuff we do to dogs in the real world).

That being said it would be interesting to have a more practical application over just getting rid of them. I think the Dojo Kennel sounds like a great idea.

Part of me also believes that they are sort of making it hard to get rid of them and such because they worked so hard on the whole Kubrow system and all the prints and what not and they don't want the market to become over saturated to quickly with all the available prints, and have the platinum barrier sort of keeps that from happening so fast, however it also creates a barrier of access because people with the money don't care and will send it, which gives them a huge head start on people who don't necessarily want to spend their life savings on "Tamagachi Warframe".

I like the concept of Kubrow breeding but it is just too damn annoying to wait for a Kubrow to die, hell I'm still just trying to get a few different types of Kubrow let alone getting new prints and breeding them out. It's a fun thing but the process is to oversaturated by the inability to pass off Kubrows you don't want, however I don't see it as some major conspiracy to force us to spend money, I feel like it was probably just an oversight. Then again there is that whole business with Perfect World they still aren't talking about, so who knows really.

I agree with this completely, I personally don't have any ridiculous moral high ground to stand on regarding the disposal of a virtual pet ( I mean for christ sake, dropping a Kubrow out of an airlock could be considered rather humane considering the kind of stuff we do to dogs in the real world).

That being said it would be interesting to have a more practical application over just getting rid of them. I think the Dojo Kennel sounds like a great idea.

Part of me also believes that they are sort of making it hard to get rid of them and such because they worked so hard on the whole Kubrow system and all the prints and what not and they don't want the market to become over saturated to quickly with all the available prints, and have the platinum barrier sort of keeps that from happening so fast, however it also creates a barrier of access because people with the money don't care and will send it, which gives them a huge head start on people who don't necessarily want to spend their life savings on "Tamagachi Warframe".

I like the concept of Kubrow breeding but it is just too damn annoying to wait for a Kubrow to die, hell I'm still just trying to get a few different types of Kubrow let alone getting new prints and breeding them out. It's a fun thing but the process is to oversaturated by the inability to pass off Kubrows you don't want, however I don't see it as some major conspiracy to force us to spend money, I feel like it was probably just an oversight. Then again there is that whole business with Perfect World they still aren't talking about, so who knows really.

If it was an oversight, then they would have said so. It's been what, two entire WEEKS now? And this thread has been at the top of the feedback forum every single update. I made sure of that.

There is no way they haven't seen the thread, and they still haven't done S#&$ to fix the 'oversight'.

Kind of got to go with the moral high grounders here, I want a kennel on the dojo to put unwanted pups rather than kill them, otherwise I'm going to have to farm and trade alot of plat and Ordis is going to have a hell of a puppy zoo. -.-

And yes, I know they're not real, but I still got sad as a kid when my tamagotchi died. -.- 

Also, got in trouble at school because of those things. Whoever invented those is a sick twisted genius

Anyway for people saying their pups are too squishy, how? O_o mine are awesome they're tankier than I am once I get the mods in.

Regardless summery

There needs to be a Dojo Kubrow Kennel for baby tenno to play with

Edited by Dalis918

They should let us be able to reverse engineer/re-engineer unwanted Kubrows. So if you want to change one, just put it back in the incubator with a DNA thingy and let it bake into a new one. This should be repeatable as necessary, also. 

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3

this topic is amusing as hell for several reasons, i have to agree tho we need some way to get rid of the dam things as its just nock even remotely acceptable to wait 24 days in total (if you dont spend plat) to hatch an egg find its something you dont want and then subsiquently want to get rid of.

apart from the complete moron who cant tell the difference between reality and computer games a few posts back theres been alot of valid points and the no-show of any devs on this topic is quite abyssmal as they claim they regually lurk the forums.

all in all tho i htink the whole Kubrow system needs tobe changed as the whole thing reeks of perfect worlds failed idea of decent business sense.

if i were to setup the kubrows i would do it like so

Breeding a Kubrow - Pretty much the same as it currently is with the players having to farm for the egg to incubate.

Egg incubated kubrows will ALWAYS be randomly generated and be a 1st generation so low level DNA integrity (fast decay of 10 days)

Taking Imprints - Needs to be completely changed as at current its little more than a bad joke.  taking an imprint from a male kubrow will produce a sperm sample, while taking an imprint from a female should produce an egg sample.  "imprints" or rather sampleswill store one of the DNA traits for each option (fur color, eye color, breed, coat deco, head deco etc).  each time an imprint is taken it should reduce the DNA integrity of the kubrow or require a long cooldown before another can be taken, only being able to take 2 imprints is about as dumb as it gets.

Breeding from Imprints - Breeding from imprints does not require another egg but can only be achived by mixing a sperm sample with an egg sample and would take another day for the egg to grow and then hatch the kubrow born will carry over the traits from the parents and become a generation +1 (in this case a gen 2) type with prolonged DNA stability as breeding naturally would and should remove most DNA destablisations, but because of incubation (sped up growth, in this case) i can understand it not being removed completely.  rare traits have a higher percent chance of being overwritten by more dominant traits meaning youd need both parent samples to have the lotus head deco to get 100% chance of the ofspring to have it.

Special Imprints - (DEs cash cow) we all know the devs have to make money somewhere with these things so lets be realistic and place a system that people will actually be willing to pay for in it.  the special imprint does EXACTLY the same thing as a normal imprint BUT it will allow the player to PICK one trait that will be definite in the imprint so if the donor has grey/green as their fur colors then the player can actually choose which one they want to place in the imprint rather than it being random.

Extras - the intergity will have 5 generations 1st having the fastest degridation of 10 days...could even be 5 (might even make it so they can only survive 1 imprint sampling) 2nd having a bit longer and 5 going all the way up to maybe 30 days for those people that actually spent time breeding their ultimate kubrow.  the morality buff will change from just a flat damage buff to an activity buff, so super happy kubrows get faster attacks wider attack range, shorter skill CD etc.

AI - rather than letting thos dumb things run into a s***storm of bullet fire only to lie there bleeding out in a high risk zone, give the kubrows a personality trait thats random at birth, as well as set up a training system so you the player can decide where they stand when idle or in battle...im not the only one who finds them to be the most irritating pice of.... when im trying to snipe, as they seem to think standing directly down your line of sight is a good idea.  im sure many players would like to see differences in their kubrows based on personality with "agressive" kubrows being more active with enemy subjugation, "Sleuth" for kubrows that will only attack in a more stealthy manner and actually actively avoid alerting guards, "Energetic" for kubrows that rely mostly on activating powers even in situations that might not need them, and many many more.

well thats my lot, even without an overhaul on the kubrows id still like to get rid of the ones i dont want.

Edit -

right i almost totally forgot...we need special unique traits for kubrows that give them drastic changes like a stalker eye head or body deco that also makes the fur sleek and flat rather than the usual scruffy (think doberman), obtained from samples dropped by the stalker, or even a zanuka body print deco. something for those that want that unique look.

Edited by EdgeKasim